Yoda Battle

OP
Gûd Daedheloth

Gûd Daedheloth

Foe of Morgoth's Realm
Reaction score
Yeah, I guess I wasn't too specific in my first post. Anakin takes Obi's lightsaber, then Ani's green one is destroyed, so he uses Obi's blue one, then Dooku uses Ani/Obi's blue one.

Winterine

Ranger-Bard
Reaction score
Mwahahaha! Go Count Doooku! :D
And about the Sith, remember there are always only ever two...a master and an apprentice...hehehe!

Arnkell

Reaction score
Luke: "Is the Dark side more powerful?"
Yoda: "No! Quicker, more seductive..."

A light side user can be a fortress of Force too, it's just that when embracing the dark side and the ethics (or lack thereof) that comes with it, you can use the force to feed off of other creatures, crush them and kill them and don't give a damn.
That can make you feel like you have more power and might, in the same sense that smoking makes you feel good but you can't resist the "power" of your addiction.
See? Semantics.
When Vader told Luke "You don't know the power of the dark side" he mostly meant the power it had over him, not necessarily the power available to him compared to other Jedi.

Also, since the dark side encourages dominion over weaker beings, a dark side user probably gets an automatic boost in arrogance, confidence and (in some cases) some delusion of grandeur, without actually being much stronger than a corresponding Jedi at all.

You have to consider also that Vader and Palpatine were two extremely potent Force users, the one having a higher midichlorian count than Yoda, the other having enough power to mask himself from a nextdoor Jedi council and weakening their Force usage.
That they were more powerful than Obi-Wan and Luke respectively only says something about their own grasp of the force.
Ergo, they would've been more powerful than many other force users even if they'd stayed good Jedi. So the power comes from themselves, the good/bad allegiance comes second place.

Strider

Eccentric
Reaction score
Very true...but also remember the Jedi put restrictions on how much you can use the force. They only use a limited amount. Meanwhile the Sith have no such restrictions and therefore dove deeper into the force to find its true power, they also have the mixings of Black Magic in there.

darkdragon

The Black Prince
Reaction score
Little green Jackie Chan Hobbit. Thats cool. I will have to remember that. Yoda was cool in that fight scene. But I think he needed to use the force more often. For himself I mean. If I were as old as Yoda is supposed to be, and as frail as he seems, I would use the force to get aroud a little better.. Otherwise great fight scene.. :D :D

Winterine

Ranger-Bard
Reaction score
No. At least, not at his age :D Mace Windu (grrr!) is the current best, I think, Yoda's exception being for the lore and wisdom aside of things. They're kinda on the same level, but Yoda is probably more respected for his age.

dramag125

Reaction score
Anakin brings the force back into balance by destorying Palpatine at the end of Jedi and restoring the order of the Jedi. Palpatine could have taken over the galaxy and destroyed the Jedi even without Anakin, but Anakin is the only one who could have defeated Palpatine(or throw him off a balcony as it were)