Yoda Battle

Gûd Daedheloth

Foe of Morgoth's Realm
Reaction score
What did you think of it?

I liked it. I thought it was very well done. Serious and humorous at the same time. I think it would have been cool if they had stuck with the original idea of having Dooku pick up Anakin's lightsaber to fend off Yoda's attack, b/c one lightsaber wasn't enough. Awesome on an IMAX screen.

Nienor

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I enjoyed watching Yoda limp in with his cane, fight an awesome battle, then leave using his cane again. That little green guy fight a great battle.

frodogurl49

Jedi Sabermistress
Reaction score
After the battle, when he limped away, I couldn't quit giggling.(laughing got me dirty looks in the theator, the bunch of sore sports.) I also thiought he looked like a kung fu grasshopper for some reason. I much enjoyed the whole sequence.

Turin

Valar Morghulis
Reaction score
I also thought it was good, but I would have liked to see him apear a bit more effective. After all he is the great Yoda.

Winterine

Ranger-Bard
Reaction score
Aww, I don't think so! Count Dooku rocks and I'm glad they didn't make Yoda easily beat him or anything. :)

Arin

I bite back....
Reaction score
Actually the dark side is not more powerfull. I thought the Yoda fight was pathetically funny.

Strider

Eccentric
Reaction score
It is more powerful! They even admitted it!

Remember with the prophecy. Anakin is to bring balance to the force and they are training him to be a Jedi. Balance how? It can't be quantity because there are so many more Jedi than Sith. Therefore it has to be quality.

Also two Sith took out HOW many Jedi? (sure they had the help of a bounty hunter but still) And who got rid of the Sith in the end? An ex-sith.

Also when you look up the history of the Sith you find it was created when ex-jedi's found out how to use the more powerful side of the force.

Last edited:
OP
Gûd Daedheloth

Gûd Daedheloth

Foe of Morgoth's Realm
Reaction score
Here's an interesting Sith fact. Sith used red crystals to power their lightsabers because they are more powerful saber beams when powered by the Dark Side. That's why Obi-Wan's lightsaber looked like it was shorting out when he was fighting Vader in A New Hope. (Actually, it was flickering out b/c the special effects were awful, but they had to come up with an explanation.) :)

Arin

I bite back....
Reaction score
But in one of the older movies Yoda says the dark side is NOT more powerfull...

Mububban

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I noticed in the AOTC DVD special features that the Count Dooku fight double was spinning two lightsabera around, and wondered why because we never saw it in the final cut. But now it makes sense for him to have possibly needed 2 lightsabers to fend off the psycho Yoda. Especially as one of the practise moves was him ducking and spinning a lightsaber over his head to fend off an overhead attack.

I found a pirated script on the net over a year before AOTC was released that turned out to be 90% accurate in the final movie, and in that script it had the Lucas team wanting Yoda to fight with 2 short lightsabers, not just one. So that also would have made sense for the Dooku double to have used 2 against Yoda's 2. Now that really would have been cool to see!

But as it is, I thought the Yoda fight was awesome. It really blew me away when I saw it in the cinema, and I still enjoy watching it.

Strider

Eccentric
Reaction score
Originally posted by Arin
But in one of the older movies Yoda says the dark side is NOT more powerfull...

Because he doesn't want Luke thinking otherwise ;) Nah its because by then a change was coming. Yoda probably knew that now was when the Dark Side was going to be defeated.

Right now, even Yoda cannot sense who is among the Dark Side. Everything is clouded to him when dealing with that. Another sign of their power. They can hide themselves. If the Light side was more powerful, you'd think they could discover them. Yet for the longest time they didn't even believe any Sith were left when one was right under their noses. The Sith have an advantage of Jedi. Not only do the Sith remove the limitations the Jedi use but also they interbreeded with black magic which gives them more strength

Originially posted by Mububban
I found a pirated script on the net over a year before AOTC was released that turned out to be 90% accurate in the final movie, and in that script it had the Lucas team wanting Yoda to fight with 2 short lightsabers, not just one. So that also would have made sense for the Dooku double to have used 2 against Yoda's 2. Now that really would have been cool to see!

That would have been neat to see! They should have stuck that in on the DVD.

Last edited:
OP
Gûd Daedheloth

Gûd Daedheloth

Foe of Morgoth's Realm
Reaction score
:D

Attachments

• dooku - 2 sabers.jpg
    dooku - 2 sabers.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 224