What book are you currently reading?

Sparrow

Reaction score
I agree fully with this. Van Helsing was just introduced and his style is a little difficult to follow. Then there are the Lucy-related bits that are just repeated too many times, and I found Renfield boring on the first read.

I think that I'm enjoying it more now, although I still have quite a bit to go.

You should read the Icelandic translation of Bram's Dracula... there's half-ape vampires... no joking. It goes far astray from the original and there's sort of this myth around who exactly wrote it, or authorized the rather wild changes in the story.

Druid of Lûhn

The Little Lamb.
Reaction score
You should read the Icelandic translation of Bram's Dracula... there's half-ape vampires... no joking. It goes far astray from the original and there's sort of this myth around who exactly wrote it, or authorized the rather wild changes in the story.

I remember reading an article about it. It read that it has a much darker feeling to it than Dracula.

Tamago

Lord-Commander of Anakin's Kingsguard
Reaction score
Just finished “Nothing to be frightened of” by Julian Barnes. I’m a rather enthusiastic fan of Barnes and his ironic humor.

l nimbus

Reaction score
Just finished The Wandering Inn by PirateAba up to the current chapter. Took me 2 weeks to read through all 8000 pages, but damn if it wasn't worth it. That is the single best piece of fantasy fiction I've ever read, bar nothing.

It's free to read at wanderinginn.com and update a new chapter every Tuesday and Saturday, chapters are around 30,000 words each.

It's a little slow at first, but that's Aba laying the groundwork for the Inn's stupidly huge world and mythos, as well as one of the single best casts I've ever come across.

Read it if you want something to enjoy.

Here's the summary.

An inn is a place to rest, a place to talk and share stories, or a place to find adventures, a starting ground for quests and legends.

In this world, at least. To Erin Solstice, an inn seems like a medieval relic from the past. But here she is, running from Goblins and trying to survive in a world full of monsters and magic. She’d be more excited about all of this if everything wasn’t trying to kill her.

But an inn is what she found, and so that’s what she becomes. An innkeeper who serves drinks to heroes and monsters–

Actually, mostly monsters. But it’s a living, right?

This is the story of the Wandering Inn.

D.C.Veiling

Reaction score
Just finished The Wandering Inn by PirateAba up to the current chapter. Took me 2 weeks to read through all 8000 pages, but damn if it wasn't worth it. That is the single best piece of fantasy fiction I've ever read, bar nothing.

It's free to read at wanderinginn.com and update a new chapter every Tuesday and Saturday, chapters are around 30,000 words each.

It's a little slow at first, but that's Aba laying the groundwork for the Inn's stupidly huge world and mythos, as well as one of the single best casts I've ever come across.

Read it if you want something to enjoy.

Here's the summary.
I agree - one of the best fantasy books I've seen. I found it on Royal Road.

Currently, I'm reading Spark City by Robert J Power on Amazon. The Character development is awesome at this one:

Erroh has a plan. A simple plan. It’ll never work.

He’s a warrior destined for a life of duty and tradition. By birth-right, the mysterious trials of The Cull await him; a chance to win the greatest prize Spark City can offer. However, he’d rather spend his days drinking, gambling and travelling the roads as a free man.

But war is on the horizon and although he doesn’t know it yet, Erroh is standing in the way of the first wave.

Across great distances and against many brutal obstacles, he will be forced to call upon the warrior within to hunt down those who disturb the peace of a world he once rejected.

And he won’t be alone.