What are Gandalf's last words in Moria?

Delarmgo

Dark Heart Of The Verse
Reaction score
In Fellowship of the Ring, when Gandalf is hanging off the cliff in Moira, and Frodo is being restrained from running to him, what is the last thing that Gandalf says before he plunges into the darkness? He seems to say 3 words: "___ you fools?" I can never make it out. If anybody could tell me, I'd appreciate it.:faceit: :balrog:

What he says is: CATCH ME you fools!

evadra

Reaction score
Ok, what would pleople say is the command Gandalf gives to the Balrog on the bridge? (Don't go and look!)

S.J. Faerlind

Flashlight Shadowhunter
Reaction score
Funny thread! I always thought is was "fly you fools" too. There's another spot in the movie that I could never quite catch either. Maybe this will spark another debate and a flurry of turning on subtitles! When the fellowship escapes to Lothlorien after they leave the mines of Moria... they meet with Galadriel and Celeborn and then all hang out under the trees. Aragorn talks to Boromir etc etc. There's a scene where Frodo is sitting at the base of a tree and Legolas is there. They're listening to the elves singing and Legolas says.... " (something) Gandalf." Frodo says "What do they say about him?" and Legolas replies "I have not the heart to tell you. For me the grief is still too new." What is the something? It sounds like "elemental" but that doesn't make any sense to me. I wonder if it is actually "they lament" instead? Any other ideas?

S.J. Faerlind

Flashlight Shadowhunter
Reaction score
I guess it could be "a lament". Now I'm going to have to break out the movies and watch them again ... darn!

S.J. Faerlind

Flashlight Shadowhunter
Reaction score
Too true Wanderingmagus! LoTR will just have to do until the Hobbit comes out...

wanderingmagus

King Anakin's Royal Advisor, Constantly Around :D
Reaction score
and of course, there's always the books, and the best audio and visual effects you can have: your imagination! ;)

StagLord

Reaction score
Too true wanderings... im too poor for the extended versions... fml -_-

Angryhedgehog

Reaction score
Nope, I'm 90% certain that this was an inside joke to the film crew. Close your eyes and listen carefully. He looks intently straight ahead then says "trolly you fools" into the camera. I think it would have probably made it on to the blooper reals if he hadn't had the facial expression and everything else o perfectly down pat. So I think they decided to just leave it in. An inside joke for anyone in the know.

"Trolly you fools"!