Welcome Back, Updates & News

Boomer

BANNED
Reaction score
Hello everyone! Welcome back to the site. After a brief couple of days on the outside we are back and ready to roll. I am sure many people are wondering what happened and what is going on so I will let you all know.

The other night I recieved an email from a certain someone who stated he did not want to have anything to do with me anymore. Well, that did not bode well for me and I immediately got to talking to my right hand man Skyanide. We both agreed we needed to move the site asap. I tried to keep downtime to a minimum as I moved the site and hope it stays this way. Everyone should be all set by the end of the weekend.

So why the move so fast? Well after the email I felt it could be possible that this person who hosts the server could terminate the site and then we would be out 125K posts and a huge fan base and that just is not something I could recover from and TFF would have officially died. Now I am sure that this person would like nothing other than to see the site die so his could pick up. However, I have spent the better part of two days making sure things work over and I am fairly confident that they do. If anyone picks up on any problems please let me know.

A short while back we used to have UC Forums here at TFF. And then UC Forums split off and we made their own forum. Shortly thereafter we were pretty much alienated from UC Forums and I am sure a lot of you have noticed the lack of postings Swordsman has made here at TFF. We all relied on him to come and let us know what is going on and to answer our questions and he has not been there at all for a long time. Yet posts daily at UCF. Now I know for a fact it is not super busy over there so I don't know what is going on. Swordsman is no longer with TFF as a mod. He will be dropped down to member status and be free to post when he so chooses if he ever chooses to.

One thing I have done though which will make the entire Weapons & Armour Community happy is the following. I have secured sponsorship with a company that does not have an exclusivity rule with us. Meaning you are free to talk about who ever you wish here at the boards now. Obviously if anyone is bashing the company then we will remove those posts but I am sure noone will do that. I will be announcing the sponsorship on Friday and all the perks we get from having them aboard as well. Another item is that I have contacted many weapon experts, industry leaders and manufacturers about coming to the boards to join in the discussions and a majority of them have agreed to do so. So this means with an expanded W & A area we will soon have the largest W & A around besides the big guns which are Sword Forums and Axe Forum I believe are the two. This is huge news for everyone here who enjoys W & A.

Wheel of Time fans will also enjoy the fact that we will be expanding into that area and our new sponsor has some awesome goodies for all you WoT folks out there!

If I may bring up a point here at the end of this update to just express my mind. Folks, we will not be beaten by people who wish to see us fail. We will not be beaten by people who stab us in the back and think we will give up. These times only serve to make us stronger as a community and as a force to be reckoned with in the Fantasy Community. There is nowhere else growing as fast as we are or who are as ambitous as we are in the Fantasy Community. Let's keep it going. We will see smaller sites be steeamrolled by us and join us as we continue to grow. Is this a good thing? Yes it is. Very much so. The more sites we can encompass the better. There is one at the top of the list though that we will soon like to have under our wing and it will happen sooner than later.

I welcome you back and the new skins are coming in a few days! Enjoy!

Wisconsin

Art House Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your hard work Boom!!! I was suffering from withdrawl... ;)

OP
Boomer

Boomer

BANNED
Reaction score
Not a problem. It is good to be back.

Sting

Shelob's Bane
Reaction score
Thanks Boomerang.

I've been checking the forum every 10 minutes or so. It's been a long morning. :)

OP
Boomer

Boomer

BANNED
Reaction score
I am happy that you have been checking it so often!

Cheesy Goodness

The Fighters Guide House Member
Reaction score
O thank the good Lord in Heaven. I was starting to twitch...I needed my fix reeeeally bad. lol.

Thanks Boom!

asap

Reaction score
Phew, sure feels good to be back online :)

and thanks for all the work in saving the place :)

matrix9217

King of the Mark
Reaction score
Ditto that.

"Meaning you are free to talk about who ever you wish here at the boards now."

Does this mean that we are able to mention various UC dealing sites in our posts?

Tinuviel

Reaction score
Thank the Gods TFF is up again. I'm not the only one who had to go to rehab due to TFF addiction and withdrawal am I? Kudos to you and your Right hand man for being proactive about maintaining our home on the web. :D

OP
Boomer

Boomer

BANNED
Reaction score
Matrix. You are allowed to speak about other dealers yes.