Welcome back all!

Overread

Wolfing it up!
Staff member
Reaction score
Soo yes through the powers of Liv having free time and pestering on facebook and other places we are seeing loads of old friends returning to the site! But there's more than that, we've got plans and ideas to get TFF back into the limelight and active and become the great forum of fantasy that it always was!

But that won't happen on its own and its going to take a little time. So as well as welcoming you all back I'd like to extend a hand and say come chat! Tell us what YOU want from the site. What can we do to help you enjoy and use the site more; what do you think will draw in new members to post; what do you want to see and engage with. What we can spend out time investing in to work toward a greater better site.

This if your chance to say your bit! To not only give ideas but also get involved too. We'll need people with time and dedication to help run things; to help keep the cogs ticking over and likely also take on a mod or two as well to help bolster the team (as we've many mods who have not got the luxury of the free time they once had).

Alchemist

The Fighters Guide House Member
Reaction score
I want to be active on here again, so I am going to try. I do miss this place.
An idea is to make the site more secure (not sure how you'd go about doing that, probably higher up stuff)
When I went to log in, Firefox and Chrome warned me about entering my password.
Q9FX0f8.jpg

OP
Overread

Overread

Wolfing it up!
Staff member
Reaction score
That's a good point and is indeed something for the higher-ups to adjust.

JIM

zombie Turncoat
Reaction score
i dunno really, i stayed, so still posting, but it's good to see some activity outside of Cascador and myself posting in spam :D

Emelie

Queen of darkness
Reaction score
I'll have to come back to this question. I kinda like the forum as it is already. I just got lost along the line that the forum got sold n real life caught up. But i will try to keep my ass here. Cause i really missed it!

Tamago

Lord-Commander of Anakin's Kingsguard
Reaction score
What I especially love about this site is 'how it looks'. The theme or whatever it is -I find it very welcoming, homey, I don't know, it makes me feel at ease. It'd be great if that didn't get changed. Lol. I also like the partition and how everything is labelled and categorised.

I guess what would be lovely for user/member interaction is detailed/fun profile perks and the such. Maybe you could do something to revive the RPG section. Also the actual Fantasy discussions... perhaps some contents, adding more new titles, I dunno. My suggestions aren't even in place. I'll think about it. I'm also just glad that there's some traffic. :D

olivia_the_lamb

Staff member
Reaction score
I always thought it'd be fun to have a gold system with a shop where you can buy titles etc or other fun things. I had one set up on that forum I ran during the time where we were scared that TFF was going to poof out of existence.

Pyrofyre

From the ashes, I rise
Reaction score
I'm going to tag this because I have ideas, I just can't formulate them into words right now.

Lyria

Reaction score
I just joined today but a few things have occurred to me already - I was told this is the best place to put my ideas :) Side note: I'm happy do to what I can to help and I'm intending to stay.

There's so many different topics on the front page of the forum and I don't think they're all needed. We also need more current topics to draw people into the forum repeatedly - ones that are updated regularly such as a list of upcoming fantasy books. An old forum I used to frequent also benefited from an instant chat box, I'm not sure if that's possible here.

I'm sure I'll come up with some more ideas

olivia_the_lamb

Staff member
Reaction score
We've tried the chatbox thing before, it didn't really work out here and took away from people posting. It's an idea though, and we could always look at trying stuff again.

We have section for reading and one for writing, so if you're interested in posting upcoming fantasy books, go ahead and post there to get those sections up and going again ;)

Awesome ideas, please keep them coming!

Lyria

Reaction score
I definitely wouldn't have time at the moment to hold up a thread like that by myself but I can properly do it once my placement ends - hopefully with help :) I'll make it at some point.

Okay, how about stickied threads? That stay at the top no matter what such as post your novel and what it's about - it looks like you guys have had quite a few writers come through but their threads get lost. It would be a great way to find new authors and only look in one place.