Tycoons and simulators

Foinikas

Playing backgammon!
Reaction score
Yesterday I bought Zoo Tycoon 2 Zookeepers Collection(which means it has the original game and 2 expansions)second hand and I just love this game.

So,being my second...hmmm let's say "life sim" game,the first being Sims 3 and remembering that many years ago when Theme Hospital came out I was very interested in buying it(although I didn't have a computer back then and it came out for consoles much later),I wanted to ask you...do you have any Tycoon games?Any Sim City games?Any Sims games?

Anything at all?

Overread

Wolfing it up!
Staff member
Reaction score
I think the only "sim" type games I have that might count would be:

Ceaser 3
World of Zoo (ok I only have this because its in the THQ bundle along with all their shooty/killy games - really not sure why its there but it is - never played it)

After that the only other sort of sim games might be the empire building RTS/TBS games like Master of Orion2, Civ3, Imperium Galactica 2

I do find sim game fun, but only in a generally very light way - as in if there is one on the computer I'll mess around for an hour or so but I'm never really interested enough to actually go out and buy the game for anything but the lowest discount rates possible. Which is not to say they are bad, just that I have limited interest in them.

Pyrofyre

From the ashes, I rise
Reaction score
I love simulation games so much, I have the Zoo Tycoon and the 2 Expansions, Theme Hospital, Used to have Theme Park World but I don't know where that went. I got Deep Sea Tycoon, Moon Tycoon (Although I haven't played them yet). And I have the Sims 2 and Operation Genesis: Jurassic Park for the PS2.

I'm like OR, I play them to kill time, and to mess around with. All the games I've gotten were all on like £3-5 deals in the bargain basket lol. I do like them though, theyre a fun pass time.

Overread

Wolfing it up!
Staff member
Reaction score
Ohh wait I have another Sim game 0 Evil Genius

It's a sim ok.... taking over the world and building an evil hideout kind!!

I also keep toying with the idea of getting one of the Railroad Tycoon sims

AlphaAlex

Official Forum Nuisance
Reaction score
theme park was the first and best IMO. Old school awesomness. Used to hire it on the sega with my dad for weeks lol. (should have just bought it)

I have rollercoaster tycoon 3 platinum, but hardly play it these days.
Heh I still remember wasting time in school playing simcity 2000 when I should have been running a maths program or something :p
I played a bit of theme hospital back in the day and it was ok.
Never liked 'the Sims' games tho.

That pretty much sums it up for tycoon/sim games for me.

OP
Foinikas

Foinikas

Playing backgammon!
Reaction score
I remember that in Theme Hospital patients would throw up or have inflated heads!Lol!

Last night I spent hours fixing my zoo.Although right now I'm playing the freebuild mode.

I love this game!

Pyrofyre

From the ashes, I rise
Reaction score
"Patients are asked to be patient, thank you!"

"Patients are reminded not to be sick in the corridors, thank you!"

"GP to Pharmacy~!"

I played that game so much lol