Tolkien Related Tattoo

OP
jeremiah.l.burns
Reaction score
Here's a pic of mine, for whomever may be interested.

74Tolkien_Tattoo-med.jpg

Tolman Muggworts

claymore wielding hobbit
Reaction score
Even though I wouldn't get a tattoo, I would have to go with my initials in runic (the runic from The Hobbit).

OP
jeremiah.l.burns
Reaction score
Tolman Muggworts said:
Even though I wouldn't get a tattoo, I would have to go with my initials in runic (the runic from The Hobbit).

Cool idea! I like it! Have you done any research into how to do it? There's lots and lots of resources on the 'net about how to to translate words/text into the languages of Tolkien.

I think there's not so much out there on the runes as there is on the Tengwar scripts, but you should be able to find something along with a font pack to work with.

Look up Dan Smith in relation to Tolkien languages. I'd post the link here myself, but as he also sells merchandise including, but not limited to swords, it wouldn't be prudent considering the BBB ties to this site.

By the way...you're from Michigan? Rock on! Where abouts?

Mánaskin

Ruler of the Night
Reaction score
Yeah I think I would like a runic, just one I think "M" or maybe my middle name "Sigrún" means Victory Rune and Sigrún was one of the Valkyries (oops sorry off topic)

masterkind

Reaction score
As both a fan of all things Tolkien and also a huge Douglas Adams fan I have had the number 42 written in Tengwar on my upper bicep (see attachment for example)

Attachments

• tengwar42.png
    tengwar42.png
    237 bytes · Views: 396
OP
jeremiah.l.burns
Reaction score
Wow! What a blast frommy past!

So glad there are still people interested in this subject. After all, it's how I met my wife!

As for ink, I've now had my first tat for nearly six years (the JRRT symbol) and it's still by far my favourite. I now also have a Union Jack on my forearm, but I just adore my Tolkien symbol. I've never changed my mind about wanting more Tolkien-related ink.

I think that my next, if I get another related to Tolkien, would have to be more personal to me. Perhaps my daughter's name in Dwarvish runes or Tengwar?

That's my advice...make it personal. And share pics!