Tolkien Related Tattoo

OP
jeremiah.l.burns
Reaction score
Galadriel said:
If I'd get a tattoo it would be like a fairie or an elf. Too bad I can not stand blood or needles... :gbounce:
Blood...not a problem so much if you don't watch it get done. And needles? Well it's not even really a needle in the traditional thought of needles. It's a needle of course, but it is just so fast and goes in so shallow...well it feels like a scraping more than a stabbing to me. I know people who hate needles and still got tattoos with no problem. You'd be okay.

Iluvatar2004

Reaction score
My tolkien tat ideas: have the elvish script from the ring tattoed around my finger. I also would have my gf's name tattoed in Elvish on my arm somewhere, in addition to maybe having Narsil tattoed some where on me

frodohead172

Reaction score
i think the part from the fellowship when the hobbits are hideing under the tree and the ringwraith is up above.on my back the full pic of it. that would be sweet

Wolf

Professor Nick Cutter.
Reaction score
I'd get one of an Isengard Wolf, to go with my personality.

OP
jeremiah.l.burns
Reaction score
frodohead172 said:
i think the part from the fellowship when the hobbits are hideing under the tree and the ringwraith is up above.on my back the full pic of it. that would be sweet
That would be long, expensive, intricate, and quite daring. If you ever went with something of that magnitude, make sure you thoroughly research your artist and his/her abilities.

Last edited:

mrtf21

Reaction score
Hi everyone!!! :) I am new here and I was wondering if anyone knows about the Sarati- the writting of Tolkien. Am interested in having a tattoo written in Sarati but I find it kind of difficult because I can't manage to find much information about this specific writting of Tolkien and I can't even find a way to translate a word or write something. If there is someone who can help please do so... ;)
Thanks...

OP
jeremiah.l.burns
Reaction score
Well, it was 2004 when I got Tolkien's monogram, and in 2006 I got my Union Flag tattoo.

I've been trying to work out my next tattoo since that time, and have finally come close to a potential winner. You can see it in my current signature.

OP
jeremiah.l.burns
Reaction score
Heeeey Jerry! Nice legs!

Great photo - the tat looks v cool - just about the right size for where it is and the design looks awesome. I bet loads of people really like it?

Thanks for showing it off - v impressed!

Hey all. So I started this thread back in 2003. And the message above is aini (Helen)'s first ever message to me. The first words she ever "spoke" to me, if you like.

Well, when she starts off with "nice legs", it was clearly meant to be. Because nearly 18 years, 3500 miles, and an ocean crossed later, last week (20th of January), we celebrated our fifteen year wedding anniversary.

Here we are now, along with our 13 year-old daughter (far left) and my in-laws.

May you be reminded that love is real. It's not always easy. But it's always worth it.

I had to share this with the "family" through which this whole relationship began.

Love and happiness to you all.

Attachments

• PXL_20211231_124712187~2.jpg
    PXL_20211231_124712187~2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 22

jake1964

Old enough to be your dad
Reaction score
Is that gray hair I see?!?!
But you’re just a kid!!

You guys look great! It’s great to see you both.

Your daughter is beautiful.
Hope you realize that will cause many more gray hairs. :p

OP
jeremiah.l.burns
Reaction score
Is that gray hair I see?!?!
But you’re just a kid!!

You guys look great! It’s great to see you both.

Your daughter is beautiful.
Hope you realize that will cause many more gray hairs. :p
Grey, yes! And not very much of it these days. This image is kinder to my hairline than reality. 😜