Story: Atlantis

FireQueen

Queen of Fire
Reaction score
The prince looked over his kingdom, and frowned. All this time, all these years he had been stuck in this world. All this time his people had been inprisoned beneathe kilometers of ice. And all this time finding an escape had been the only thing on the mind of everyone around him. But even as a prison the city was still the most beautiful site he could emagine. He watched his people from the tower. They seemed so small from where he stood. He could't emagine they would want to leave this city. The worries of his people wasn't getting out, but earning money to survive.
The prince turned his back to the beauty of the city and looked into the towerroom. Soon it would alle be over, very soon. Soon the sun painted on the ancient walles of the palace would blind his eyes, soon the wind discribed in beautiful poetry would feel his hair. Soon he would leave the city he had never left. Soon he would leave Atlantis behind him.

I sat on the beach and looked at the waves carress the sand. The salty wind blew past my red cheeks and messed up my hair. A seagle landed near me and picked a snail from the sand. I loved the beach here. There were barely any people, but it was never quiet. I didn't like quiet. The beach was the place I escaped to when I didn't want to be with the rest of the world.
In a distance I heard the sound of panting. I looked up to see a joung man running my way. I greeted him, and apparently he only just noticed me. I startled him, and he tripped right at my feet. I laughed softly and helped him up. 'Sorry, I didn't meen to scare you.'
'No matter.'
'What were you running from?'
'Nothing, I just liked the sand beneath my feet.' I looked at the boy a second time and tried to take in every detail. I had never seen anybody like him; he had hair as white as snow, and his eyes were bluer than blue. He was dressed in a pare of jeans and a white blouse, and seemed normal besides his hair and his eyes. Normal, but very handsome. I smiled at him and dropped back in the sand. I wasn't going to flirt with him or anything like that. I had a lovely boyfriend, and I didn't feel like looking at other guys.
'May I join you?'
'Sure, sit down.'
'What are you looking at?' I looked at him and smiled.
'At the sea.'
'But there is nothing to see, just waves.' I smiled.
'A sailor went to sea, to see what he could see, but all that he could see, was big blue depth of the sea.' The young man frowned.
'What does that meen.'
'Nothing. You may not see anything, but you're not looking good enough.' He smiled.
'What is your name?'
'Cassandra. Just call be Cassy. And your's?'
'Samuel. Just say Sam.'

OP
FireQueen

FireQueen

Queen of Fire
Reaction score
I know I make mistakes... If I make really weird ones, would you mind pointing them out to me? I'm not really english, I'm dutch, so my English isn't fantastic :S

xx

OP
FireQueen

FireQueen

Queen of Fire
Reaction score
I made a mistake and posted that last part a few times too many :$:$:$.

can a moderator please delete the double posts?

thanks...

Last edited:
OP
FireQueen

FireQueen

Queen of Fire
Reaction score
'You know, sitting here, looking at sea gives me comfort. It gives me a feeling that there is so much more in this world than just here. Than just my life. It makes me feel that my troubles are but so small... It's a nice feeling.'
'But I bet it doesn't last all to long. When you come home and have to face your troubles, the sea's effect probably wears off fast.'
'Yes, you're right.' I looked at Sam. 'Where do you go to forget your worries?' Sam sighed and looked dreamely at the sea.
'I haven't seen the sea in a long time.' He let the wind blow through his white hair, then he looked at me. 'I looked over the city. I looked at the people, saw them do their daily things and here them talk about things that don't matter.' A moment followed where we just smiled at eachother. I liked him. I liked him a lot. But the moment passed, as all moments do, and he jumped up.
'What's wrong?'
'I... I have to go. Perhaps we'll meet again.' And he started running. I shrugged and got up myself. I watched the young man's back run away from me. Just before I started on my way home, he turned around and blew me a kiss.

I didn't think about Samuel anymore. I guess I just thought of him as a nutcase I met on the beach. Never thought I would see him again, and I didn't mind. I was with Drake, my boyfriend a week after that day on the beach with Sam. He seemed the exact opposit of Samuel. He had black hair and dark brown eyes. He was shorter than Samuel was, but still taller than I was. He was everything I needed; cute, funny and nice to nobody but me... Okay, that could be less than ideal, but I dared to say for the first time in ages that I was truely in love.
I didn't think I would see Samuel so soon again. Like I had mentioned before, I thought I had seen the last of that man, but that day with Drake was the day he ran back into my life. That was anouther thing about him: he always seemed to be running from something. Drake and I were having our weekly date in town, which we always concluded with a romantic stroll on the beach. And in the darkness that boy from the beach (the way I remembered him) smashed into us.
'Watch it, kid, I'm walking here!' Drake helped Samuel up and took my hand again. But to other men followed Sam, and we were stopped. The man who grabbed me by my wrists with unnecassary violence had the same white hair and blue eyes as Samuel. Drake jumped forward and tried to fight the man off me, but the man had some sort of speer with him, which he grabbed and poked Drake with. Drake groaned in pain and collapsed. The speer had given him a shock. 'Yes, and stay down there. This thing shoots electricityballs as well.' The second man who had been chaseing Sam stepped forward. He too had the white hair and blue eyes, but he was older, judging by his long beard.
'Look who we have here... The prince's little adventure.'

HumanInfiltrator

The Book club lady
Reaction score
FireQueen, if you want e-mail me and I will help you with the language. English is also my second language so I know how hard it is. This is good keep going.