Season 2, Episode 2: Sempai Warriors! Fight For Your Lives!

Kenshin

Drifter
Reaction score
Kenshin had awoke and left the infirmary just in time to see the beginning of the final match. He watched the too weapons fighters, trying to learn every move, every block, every parry that was performed. Kenshin cheered when Ros gained the upper hand, jeered when Red Death did. He nearly jumped for joy when Red Death's splint gave out.

Soon, Red Death was pinned against the wall, Ros close to his face. Ken watched as the final move, a vicious knee to the nose, was delivered. As he heard his captain's name on the speaker, he cheered and sung for all that he was worth. Sempai had won this vicious tournament.

OP
I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun

Midnight Demon
Reaction score
Shogun's eyes slowly opened, allowing the world to come into focus just as the winner of the final round was announced. So Ros had done it eh? Shogun smirked and struggled to sit up. Rat Bastard had cut him up good, he was damn handy with his weapons, kicked like a three year old, but handy with those weapons for sure. Shogun looked around, by now just about every Sempai fighter was in here, he smirked, they were alright, and the tournament was over, with a W next to Sempai.

There was a loud crash outside as several attendants went flying. Suddenly Jeze burst into the room. Shogun wasn't sure if he was happy to see her or not with that look in her eye. Before he could say anything he felt the hot sting of a hard slap across his face. "Don't you ever scare me like that again! I thought you died! You...." she couldn't keep going. She wrapped her arms around him and started to cry.

Shogun held her up, "It's alright Jeze, no pansy bastard like him could take me out for long." She looked up at him, her eyes still wet with tears, but as she saw him smile soon she returned the look. Soon Shogun started to stand up, several of the nurses ran to try and stop him. "Thanks for the help ladies but I've been in here a bit too long as is. I've got to go congratulate the winner and then, well, I've got a date..."

"A date you say? Well it's good to see you've finally lost a bit of that rigidity you always used to have..." Shogun felt a hard whack on his head. He turned and smirked as he saw the squatty old man. As he was he stood about 5'4" but that was mostly because he always kept his knees bent. He was bald except for a long braid at the base of his head, and he had a very long gray beard. He was attired in a very loud hawaiian shirt with bright orange pants and flip flops. His body was whithered but even from a distance his energy could be felt, it was a bit overwhelming for most, but to Shogun it was familiar. This was the one who'd raised him, Honorable Grandfather Shogun.

"Old man does the home know you're out this late? You better be careful, you might not get your apple sauce if they catch you," Shogun said with a smirk.

"Boy you'd better count yourself lucky you're in no shape to fight or I'd put you on the shelf for a week!" replied the Old Man.

"What would you do? Tell me about how back in your day the only thing you did for fun was spearing mastodons?" Shogun grinned, only to receive another whack on the head from the Old Man.

"Anyway boy I'll deal with you later. Right now you still have to introduce me to all your friends," said the Old Man.

Shogun smiled, "Grandfather, this is Jeze, the one over there with the shocked look on his face is Kakashi, and the guy in the robes over there is Dragn9." As everyone looked in surprise at the Old Man he simply smiled and waved, seemed Shogun's family tree was all a bit... strange.

Kenshin

Drifter
Reaction score
Kenshin decided to go check to see how everyone was doing. As he was walking through the halls, he saw Shogun, Jeze, Dragn, Kakashi, and an old man in one of the infirmary rooms. Curious, he entered the room just in time to see Shogun get hit in the head twice by the old man. Trying to hide grin on his face, Kenshin approached the group."Hey everyone." he said tentatively. "How are you all doing?"

They turned around, greeting him, the Old man peering at him curiously. "Hello Old One. My name is Kenshin." he said with a bow. What he got in return was a smack on the head.
"Who are you calling Old One Shorty?" he asked Kenshin, who stood and good 4 inches taller than the man.

Last edited:

Kakashi

Call me Deacon Blues
Reaction score
Kakashi smiled. Congratulations Ros, you did it. You won it for Sempai...

Kakashi walked to the infimary where he found Dragn, I.R. and Jeze. He was glad to see some farmiliar faces. He hadn't seen anyone he had known up close, since he had been defeated by Spiral. Kakashi let out a grin as he looked around at everyone. It was good to be back.

Some of the nurses came to help I.R., but he refused, "Thanks for the help ladies but I've been in here a bit too long as is. I've got to go congratulate the winner and then, well, I've got a date..."

It was then that a small old man came into view. With a very....nice clothing style. He wore hawaiian shirt with bright orange pants and flip flops. He was bald except for a long braid sprouted out the back of his head.

Kakashi laughed as the two of them went back and forth, arguing.

"Anyway boy I'll deal with you later. Right now you still have to introduce me to all your friends," the man said.

"Grandfather, this is Jeze, the one over there with the shocked look on his face is Kakashi, and the guy in the robes over there is Dragn9." Shogun answered.

So this was I.R.'s grandfather, huh.

Dragn9

Sorcerer Supreme
Reaction score
Dragn had wandered back to the medic ward to check the status of the Sempai warriors after Ros' victory. Dragn stood against the wall with his arms crossed, it had been quiet, that is until Jeze came bounding in. She slapped and yelled at Shogun but ended up crying in his arms. Dragn was pretty sure that Jeze wasn't use to these types of tournaments. Most combantants ended up in this ward, win or lose.

Dragn's attention was drawn away from them and he focused on the door as he felt a strong aura emmanating from that direction. There was a short old man in extremely loud clothes standing there, he then walked up to Shogun as Shogun and Jeze had been about to leave and hit the kung fu captain in the head. Dragn was confused, who was this old man? he wondered to himself. Shogun obviously knew the man as they began to talk amongst themselves. It was an odd conversation however, the two seemed to be bickering until the old man shrugged Shogun off.

"Anyway boy I'll deal with you later. Right now you still have to introduce me to all your friends," said the Old Man.

"Grandfather, this is Jeze, the one over there with the shocked look on his face is Kakashi, and the guy in the robes over there is Dragn9." Shogun introduced them.

Dragn grinned, so this was Shogun's grandfather. Dragn had been about to reply when Kenshin entered, "Hey everyone. How are you all doing?" Dragn just nodded his head, and it was Kenshin who introduced himself to the new visitor first, "Hello Old One. My name is Kenshin." The old man replied with a smack to Kenshin's head, "Who are you calling Old One Shorty?" Dragn couldn't help but laugh, Kenshin was slightly taller than the old man. The old man looked fraile but Dragn could tell there was much more to the man then he was letting on, besides he was the one who raised Shogun.

Dragn then walked up beside Kenshin who was rubbing his head, and bowed as he placed his hands within the sleeves of his robes, "It is a great honour to finally meet you Honourable Grandfather. Shogun has told us much about you and we have been looking forward to this meeting." However strange it seemed at first, Dragn thought. But he had a hunch this was only the beginning, a prelude to more strangeness.....

Confessor

Reaction score
Shogun's eyes slowly opened, allowing the world to come into focus just as the winner of the final round was announced. So Ros had done it eh? Shogun smirked and struggled to sit up. Rat Bastard had cut him up good, he was damn handy with his weapons, kicked like a three year old, but handy with those weapons for sure. Shogun looked around, by now just about every Sempai fighter was in here, he smirked, they were alright, and the tournament was over, with a W next to Sempai.

There was a loud crash outside as several attendants went flying. Suddenly Jeze burst into the room. Shogun wasn't sure if he was happy to see her or not with that look in her eye. Before he could say anything he felt the hot sting of a hard slap across his face. "Don't you ever scare me like that again! I thought you died! You...." she couldn't keep going. She wrapped her arms around him and started to cry.

Shogun held her up, "It's alright Jeze, no pansy bastard like him could take me out for long." She looked up at him, her eyes still wet with tears, but as she saw him smile soon she returned the look. Soon Shogun started to stand up, several of the nurses ran to try and stop him. "Thanks for the help ladies but I've been in here a bit too long as is. I've got to go congratulate the winner and then, well, I've got a date..."

"A date you say? Well it's good to see you've finally lost a bit of that rigidity you always used to have..." Shogun felt a hard whack on his head. He turned and smirked as he saw the squatty old man. As he was he stood about 5'4" but that was mostly because he always kept his knees bent. He was bald except for a long braid at the base of his head, and he had a very long gray beard. He was attired in a very loud hawaiian shirt with bright orange pants and flip flops. His body was whithered but even from a distance his energy could be felt, it was a bit overwhelming for most, but to Shogun it was familiar. This was the one who'd raised him, Honorable Grandfather Shogun.

"Old man does the home know you're out this late? You better be careful, you might not get your apple sauce if they catch you," Shogun said with a smirk.

"Boy you'd better count yourself lucky you're in no shape to fight or I'd put you on the shelf for a week!" replied the Old Man.

"What would you do? Tell me about how back in your day the only thing you did for fun was spearing mastodons?" Shogun grinned, only to receive another whack on the head from the Old Man.

Shogun smiled, "Grandfather, this is Jeze, the one over there with the shocked look on his face is Kakashi, and the guy in the robes over there is Dragn9." As everyone looked in surprise at the Old Man he simply smiled and waved, seemed Shogun's family tree was all a bit... strange.

Confessor watched Shoguns match quietly and was astounded at Red Death's rebound. The man clearly looked to be invincible at least until Shogun slammed Death's knee roughly onto a metal post and after hearing the so-familiar sound of breaking bones a smirk appeared on her face. She thought the referee was about to announce Shogun as the winner but then with a burst of stamina Death came back and knocked Shogun unconscious. The referee tried to wake Shogun up but it didn't work which declared Death the winner. Her smirk fell from her face. Things were steadily going down hill. Up next Ros was to perform in the final match with Red Death. As she watched Ros walk beside her she felt his anger welling up inside. Perhaps the anger would lead to his victory which it did after a brutal thirty minute match. Both opponents left no quarter for either of them. They gave it there everything. Finally after a brutal beating the two had given each other Red Death declared defeat. Everyone cheered, clapped, and yelled as the announcer announced Ros as the winner of this years tournament.

Confessor rose from where she was sitting and walked into the locker room. She gave her congratulations to Ros as she passed near him. Looking down at the cot where Dragn once lay she saw he was fully healed. The two glanced at each other before she bowed her head to her student. She noticed IR was awake with his girlfriend Jeze hanging all over him. That was when her eyes moved to an old man who had just entered the room. The moment she looked at him curiously she felt his immense powers. Shogun stated that the man was his grandfather and he had come to see the tournament. She saw that everyone was introducing themselves so she waited patiently until the room became silent again. "Hello there sir, I am the students teacher. They've done Sempai very proud especially Ros over there. My name is Confessor and I am the magic's teacher of the school. It's nice to meet you." She bowed her head at him.

Last edited:
OP
I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun

Midnight Demon
Reaction score
In a private box, somewhere in the arena:

The shadowed figure watched the last three matches intently. This was something he certainly hadn't expected, no pure mages in the final rounds? This brought a smile to his sinister face, he'd never really liked mages and how easily the chi force bent to their will. He'd had to go through years of intense study to gain control of it, but to them it was natural, as easy as learning to swim. The fact that the fighters in the final rounds were all well hyped also helped matters.

The first match was of a personal interest to him. It was Red Death, his own warrior, facing off against the one who was consistently ranked as the strongest warrior in the city, I. R. Shogun. The man considered the two opponents, he decided to make it interesting. On the panel to his right he selected the match type, a street fight. This would allow Shogun to have the best possible chance against Red Death. It didn't matter, the masked fighter still triumphed, although he had lost his composure at Shogun striking him in the face. One weakness of Red Death, he was extremely vain. That aside Shogun managed to badly damage the knee of Red Death, certainly never a good thing. But the shadowed man took satisfaction at Shogun's defeat.

After that was a match between Sempai High's weapons captain Rosgwak and Gato's fighter Spiral. Spiral wasn't a shabby fighter, but nonetheless without his shade allies he was nothing special. In the end Rosgwak defeated Spiral in unceremonious fashion, not showing the same aggression that he had displayed in his previous match.

Now was time for the final match, the Hell in a Cage. The modern structure was less interesting than it had been during it's only use last year. The fire and barbed wire had been removed, and the ring was no longer elevated. The sheer brutality of that type of structure had had the burning cage banned, unfortunate considering it was one of the only things that was against the newly modified rules.

In spite of this the match still proved to be an excellent show of skill between the two weapons captains. The ending to the match proved to be the most interesting, Rosgwak shattered Red Death's mask as Shogun had done earlier, but more importantly he had gone after Red Death's injured knee. This wasn't characteristic of the weapons captain as far as he was aware, but he liked it.

As Rosgwak was declared the winner the shadowed man stood, he supposed it was finally time for him to make himself known to the fighters of Sempai High. He would have to do something about Red Death's failure. Certainly he was glad his likely successor was alive, but he had still lost, and that was never a good thing....

in the infirmary:

Shogun smirked as the Old Man made it clear to Kenshin that in spite of his advanced age he was by no means someone that was to be taken lightly. Kenshin rubbed his head, regretting calling the Old Man old when Dragn introduced himself. The Old Man stroked his beard when suddenly another powerful aura approached. around the corner appeared Confessor, apparently having had enough time to rest that she could fix some of her injuries.

"Hello there sir, I am the students teacher. They've done Sempai very proud especially Ros over there. My name is Confessor and I am the magic's teacher of the school. It's nice to meet you." She bowed her head at him.

The Old Man raised an eyebrow, "So you're the magics professor I. R. has written so much about? Well he certainly didn't mention you were so lovely..." the Old Man was cut off when Shogun gave him a hard hit to the top of the head.

"Don't you go starting that old man! Need I remind you that you're married?" Shogun shouted.

"I was just complimenting the lady you little punk! Count yourself lucky I don't beat up cripples or I'd knock you out just for implying such a thing!" the Old Man shouted back.

"Oh sure, it starts with just complimenting, then next thing I know we're being thrown out of the diner because you proposed to the owner's wife!"

"You leave that out of this! How was I supposed to know they were married?!"

"I don't know, the rings, the kissing, the fact that they told you!?"

The two of them locked in a stare down, grumbling through their teeth, then they suddenly remembered they weren't alone.

"I'm watching you old man," Shogun muttered.

"Back at you junior," replied Grandfather Shogun.

Just as suddenly as it had started their quarrel was over, just in time as Rosgwak now entered with Lillith. Shogun introduced them to his Grandfather just as another powerful aura approached. This one was distinctly more ominous than anyone else's, and as the man entered the mood of victory was replaced by one of extreme discomfort.

He stood easily 6'7" tall, and he was built like a tank. The suit that he wore looked like it would rip apart if he made any needlessly sudden movements. His hair was slicked back and reached down to his shoulders. This bull of a man emanated menace as he spoke. "Congratulations Sempai fighters, especially you, Rosgwak. My name is Harrison Trove, and I witnessed your fights from my box seats. I was quite impressed at your performances, I look forward to seeing more of you in the future."

With that the mysterious Harrison Trove left them all in a state of relative discomfort.

Elsewhere, later:

"Agent Gin, how is your progress coming?" Trove asked.

"All is going well my lord, I haven't gotten Dragn9 to discuss the Chi Force with me as of yet, but I have forged a friendship. Soon I'll make steps to have him enlist my aid in the study of it," replied Gin, the recently enrolled Sempai magic student.

"Very good, see to it that he does, I'm sure you don't want to end up like Red Death, and remember, he'd one of our best agents..."

Confessor

Reaction score
Confessor smiled at IR's grandfather as she watched the two of them cool down. The two knew each other very well and it seemed that they showed their love for each other by arguing. She walked over to Rosgwak and congratulated him once more before she turned to everyone in the room.

"You all did very well today and I'm proud of each and everyone of you. Indeed some of us, including myself did loose but Fate does not always show us a true path but as long as we know what we do is right then you are going down the correct path. I will see you all in class on Monday. Take it easy everyone. Also, if any of you would like to continue your studies with your magical abilities over the weekend then don't hesitate to call me at my house. I'm listed. Thank you all again and congratulations."

She bid her students farewell and left them all is in the silence of the locker room. The crowd had dispersed and the arena had become quiet. Cleaners were now cleaning up all of the blood that seemed to be everywhere. They didn't say anything as they were bent at the grisly task but they were paid to do it. Before she realized it she was out in front of her bike. As she kicked the kickstand up she realized she was extremely exhausted. She desperately needed sleep. As she revved up the engine she sent a silent thank you prayer to her two aunts. She knew she had made them proud but she had learned she would train harder. Each day she would study and train herself to become stronger with her magics. As she drove home her mind focused on recalling her match with Red Death. She went over the strategy he had used on her which was highly effective. She couldn't afford to be reckless next time.

When she finally had gotten home her thoughts were focused on one thing and that was sleep. She parked her bike inside her garage. Pushed the cool metal plate and the door went down. She walked into the kitchen and pulled off her dirty cloak and clothes which she tossed into a hamper as she walked by her laundry room. She knew those clothes, even though they were black, would need a serious scrubbing. After she peeled off her boots she struggled to make it up the stairs. She was about to go into her bedroom and fall into her bed when she realized she still had her armor on. She cursed as she walked into her war room and discarded the armor into a neat pile on top of a towel which would hold the blood, guts, and sweat. She struggled out of the leather pants which were clearly covered on the insides with her sweat and blood. When she finally was dressed down she took off her sword and placed it onto the holder and walked into the bathroom that connected to her bedroom.

She shook her braid out and peeled of the remainder of her under garments and tossed them into a neat pile in the laundry basket. She showered and washed her hair twice. As she got out of the shower she used a warming spell to help her hair dry faster as she ran a brush through it. After washing her face and brushing her teeth she put on a pair of black silk pajama bottoms and a black tank top. She sighed heavily as she crawled into her warm bed. When she had the covers situated she put up the shield on the house and barrier to all of her rooms. Without the tiniest bit of power she made all of the lights go out in the house. After that she was sleep within seconds.

Last edited: