Season 2, Episode 1: The Heroes Return

Dragn9

Sorcerer Supreme
Reaction score
Dragn had sat forward in his seat watching Kenshin try to break out of the shield. He had tried using his sword but to no avail. There was a flash of red as something occurred within the orb, then it was all over and Kenshin was on the floor clearly exhausted from expending his energy.

Confessor then walked over and tapped it with her fingers and the shield disappeared. Then turning to the class she asked how she had done it.

Dragn was about to raise his hand but Shogun’s was in the air first, "Correct me if I'm wrong, for at the very least I don't have the whole answer down, but could it be that you struck at a weak spot in the defense? Or perhaps you put a special amount of extra power behind your contact?" Dragn sat there taking in his answer and nodded his agreement.

"You have a good point there Mr. Shogun, yes I did find a certain weak spot in the spell and with very little effort and not using any magic I broke through the barrier. Now Can anyone tell me what elements create a barrier spell??"

Dragn raised his hand “ Wouldn’t that be a combination of wind and spirit? Wind to create the orb and spirit to maintain it?” Dragn wondered if he got that right knowing that after all his studying, most of his spells came naturally and on instinct.

Confessor

Reaction score
Dragn had sat forward in his seat watching Kenshin try to break out of the shield. He had tried using his sword but to no avail. There was a flash of red as something occurred within the orb, then it was all over and Kenshin was on the floor clearly exhausted from expending his energy.

Confessor then walked over and tapped it with her fingers and the shield disappeared. Then turning to the class she asked how she had done it.

Dragn was about to raise his hand but Shogun’s was in the air first, "Correct me if I'm wrong, for at the very least I don't have the whole answer down, but could it be that you struck at a weak spot in the defense? Or perhaps you put a special amount of extra power behind your contact?" Dragn sat there taking in his answer and nodded his agreement.

"You have a good point there Mr. Shogun, yes I did find a certain weak spot in the spell and with very little effort and not using any magic I broke through the barrier. Now Can anyone tell me what elements create a barrier spell??"

Dragn raised his hand “ Wouldn’t that be a combination of wind and spirit? Wind to create the orb and spirit to maintain it?” Dragn wondered if he got that right knowing that after all his studying, most of his spells came naturally and on instinct.

"You are correct Dragn. Very good. Does anyone care to try an attack on perhaps me?"
Confessor answered and the last few words out of her mouth had the class goggling at her.

Senekha

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><
Reaction score
“ Wouldn’t that be a combination of wind and spirit? Wind to create the orb and spirit to maintain it?”

"You are correct Dragn. Very good. Does anyone care to try an attack on perhaps me?" The professor smiled as she said this, noting the surprise on most of the students' faces. Confessor's gaze lingered slightly on Senekha's, and Sen half-grinned.

Knowing that the professor would somehow block any physical attack at that moment, Sen acted without concern, rising, whipping out two daggers, and throwing them one after the other, her movements so fluid they seemed as one. It was a standard throwing knife attack, one for the opponent to block, the other to strike through the opponent's briefly opened stance. With magic, however, that was a different story.

Confessor

Reaction score
“ Wouldn’t that be a combination of wind and spirit? Wind to create the orb and spirit to maintain it?”

"You are correct Dragn. Very good. Does anyone care to try an attack on perhaps me?" The professor smiled as she said this, noting the surprise on most of the students' faces. Confessor's gaze lingered slightly on Senekha's, and Sen half-grinned.

Knowing that the professor would somehow block any physical attack at that moment, Sen acted without concern, rising, whipping out two daggers, and throwing them one after the other, her movements so fluid they seemed as one. It was a standard throwing knife attack, one for the opponent to block, the other to strike through the opponent's briefly opened stance. With magic, however, that was a different story.

Confessor watched the mischievous grin appear on Sen's face the next thing she heard and saw were two daggers zooming through the air straight at her body. She calmly watched them and didn't flinch as they came too close for comfort but to everyone's amazement she stopped them with a single thought. The next thing Sen knew was the daggers had turned around and flew straight back at her stopping inches before her face.

"Now....how did I manage to stop the weapons? And thank you Sen for volunteering." She smiled up at the girl.

Senekha

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><
Reaction score
Sen calmly plucked the daggers from the air and sheathed them in her bracers.

"As far as I can tell, you used air spirit to stop the knives and reverse the momentum, stopping them once again by changing the qualities of the air around the knives, tightening it to freeze them. And there was probably some spirit thrown in there as well, but I'm no mage. It seems, though, that it would be a simple enough thing to thicken the air around something - or does it just seem that way?"

Sen lifted a pencil and let go. The pencil wavered a moment, suspended, then fell back to the desk. She shrugged. She'd always liked things you could see and touch better than magic...like blades. More dependable, she thought.

Confessor

Reaction score
Sen did have a point when it came to thickening the air and allowing objects to completely stop. "Thank you for that splendid and correct assumption Sen." Confessor looked up at the rest of the students. "Water is simple to penetrate - you would simply use a strong gust of air to turn it back on its user. As for fire either wind can blow the blaze out or if you freeze water you can completely stop the fire. Here is the kicker though..." she paused for a moment and looked each of the students in the eyes. "How would you protect yourself from a Heart or Spirit spell?"

"Can you give us an example of a Heart and Spirit spell, professor?" a boy in the back of the class asked as he raised his hand.

"Surely. An example of a Spirit spell is when one invades another's mind and is able to control their body. In other words they possess their body and can make that person do whatever the magic user desires. An example would be if the person who is possessed walks off a bridge because of the mage's thoughts then that is a prime example of Spirit spells."

"As for a heart spell that is a bit difficult and let’s just say in the end the victim, whoever it may be, will be dead. Simple as that. Yet while you all think about what I have just said please turn your attention to the board for the next set of notes that I wish for you to copy please. I’ll give you all a moment to read them over and think on them.”

Confessor sat down again and the outline on the board vanished from sight and the following words appeared:

L I G H T N I N G
If you've ever had an informal or sudden improbable stroke of fortune then you've been blessed with lightning.
At times the fortune can be good or bad, it depends upon the individual. These people are always full of energy and never stop until the job is done. Those who are always working hard on a task are empowered with lightning. Those who have the sensation to start something and then work until they finish it are bound by lightning. They tend to be outgoing and very talkative. They care about others deeply but at times they don't think before they act. They simply act and whatever outcome will be. Those surrounded by Lightning are friends for life. Lightning is all around you but remember lightning is always there to help.

W A T E R
If you have ever loved, you have experienced the element of Water. Serenity is a result of Water's presence in our lives. Water is the most psychic of all the elements. It cleanses, nourishes and reflects. It is passive and malleable - it takes on the shape of whatever contains it. Water rules the emotions and the subconscious. If you have prophetic dreams, you are using the element of Water. If you are lonely, depressed, overwhelmed or having trouble opening your heart, let Water clear the way for you.

F I R E
Have you ever really, really wanted something? That's fire. Fire is desire. It is dynamic, passionate, bold, enthusiastic, active and hopeful. Fire is the life principle. It provides heat and light. It is the element of Spirit. Fire is charming, flamboyant and inspirational. Fire transforms. If you would like to improve your sense of humor or build courage, confidence, or motivation, you're Fire.

A I R
Every time you think or communicate, you are drawing on the element of Air. Our connections with others are formed through Air. Air is the most elusive of all the elements. It is uncontainable, unseen, and changeable. Whenever you seek insight, discover a new idea, change your mind, clarify a vision, develop a plan or concentrate on your breathing, you are becoming Air. Air is intellect, Truth and wisdom. If you have difficulty making decisions, taking action, understanding or being understood, you're Air.

E A R T H
When you eat, exercise or save money, you are interacting with the Earth element. Stability is Earth's unique gift. Seeing, smelling, tasting and touching are functions of Earth. Earth is solid, rich, sultry, strong and dependable. It is the foundation for all the other elements. Earth is commitment, permanence, form. It is facts and law, practicality and consequence. Earth is about getting results. Poverty, insecurity, safety issues, obsessions and a sense of being "weak-willed" or incapable can all be resolved are Earth.

S P I R I T
The vital principle or animating force within living beings also known as an incorporeal consciousness. In regards the strength loyalty or dedication to a person or hobby is a connection to the spirit. Spirit is about enjoying life. Take heed though, depending upon ones actions in life whether or not they are good or bad allows final judgment to be taken into careful consideration. Those with weak minds are easily persuaded to the evil side and perform while those with strong minds fight for justice and peace. You're spirit.

H E A R T
Heart is the capacity for sympathy or generosity and compassion. In most cases however, heart is Love or affection toward someone you care for. It is also the courage shown on the battle field or sticking up for a friend. Those who are quiet and shy often have a warm heart and strong will. Another example is a person who has a deep feeling or devotion to planting a garden and making sure the garden is kept well. In the end they will be rewarded with the best crops. For those of you with Heart, you show people what it's like to live without boundaries.

Last edited:
OP
I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun

Midnight Demon
Reaction score
Shogun was taken aback by Sen's quick attack when Confessor opened the floor to someone trying an assault on her. He was even more surprised by how easily Confessor shut down the attack and sent the daggers back to their owner. Shogun had forgotten just how good Confessor really was. All of this was making him more and more thankful she'd offered to give this special class to non-mages. These lessons would only be required against one opponent at the tournament, but that one opponent would be capable of beating all of them if they didn't get this type of preparation.

Shogun was also interested in Confessor's description of spirit and heart spells. As far as Shogun was aware he'd never encountered heart spells, but he could recall one time in particular he'd come across a mage who specialized in spirit casting. Shogun walked along side the Old Man as they entered the old village. The villagers had been being forced, against their will, to serve a sinister magus. One of them had managed to get the spell on him broken, but he didn't have the ability to save his friends and family, when the Old Man heard this he'd told Shogun to be ready for a fight and they'd gotten on their way here.

When Shogun and the Old Man were near to the main hut of the village the Old Man handed Shogun a special charm and told Shogun not to lose it. Shogun didn't question this, he'd learned that the Old Man's battle tactics were almost always superb and not following them was a fool's bet, the charm must have been some means to prevent being controlled. They quickly entered the main hut to find the mage, living like a king, waiting for them. It was apparent by the dialog between him and the Old Man that they'd met before.

Shogun realized that the Old Man didn't wear any charm, and in fact, as Shogun began to fight off the many villagers that were being forced to attack them, the Old Man didn't even move, nor did the mage. The two simply stared at each other for several minutes as Shogun battled the controlled villagers. Suddenly the Old Man smirked, and the mage fell dead. The villagers and Shogun were shocked by this, they asked the Old Man what had happened. He responded that a strong enough mind can easily avoid being controlled, but a trained mind can turn the tides on the controller, even to the point where they could be forced to use their dark magics against themselves...

Shogun's mind snapped back to the present as Confessor's board changed to give a description of the elements and what effect that each one had on a person's chi, and therefor on their personality. Shogun smirked as he wrote this all down, he was going to enjoy this class greatly, even if he himself had no talent for magic. At the very least this would prove quite beneficial to defense against powerful magic warriors, and grant him a greater understanding of the chi force.

Rosgwak

The Masked Warrior
Reaction score
Driving his car through the school gates at breakneck speed, Rosgwak slammed on the brakes and managed to haphazardly get his car into a parking space. Then, jumping out and slamming the door behind him, Rosgwak ran towards the school doors, leaping up the steps and ducking in past someone who had opened the door, knocking them to the ground.

"Sorry!" Rosgwak shouted back over his shoulder. Normally he would've stopped to help the poor person back to their feet, but there was no time allowed to him right now. He was already late as it was. He had woken up that morning to a simple text message from Lilith on his phone, asking why he wasn't in Confessor's class, a class he was not aware was even on, but which he was apparently expected at. So, barely pausing to grab his schoolbag, Ros had raced out of the house and gotten to school as quickly as possible.

After tearing through the school corridors, Rosgwak finally arrived outside the room Confessor's class was apparently in. Hesitating outside the door briefly, Rosgwak wondered just how bad it would look, entering this late. He had heard amazing things of Confessor, and her teaching abilities, but he wasn't sure how forgiving she would be to an unsuspecting latecomer. However, taking a deep breathe, Ros decided to just bite the bullet, so to speak, and he opened the door, quickly hurrying in and closing it behind him.

"I'm terribly sorry I'm late, professor." he said, hurrying towards a free table nearby. Sitting down, he opened his bag, and began to pull out a blank book, eyes still facing Confessor. "I'm sorry, I really have no excuse. I promise it won't happen again." he said, opening his book, pulling out a pen, and beginning to copy out the notes that were written on the bed. After he had finished writing out the notes, Rosgwak leaned forward to the seat in front of him where Shogun sat. "Have I missed much?" he whispered, eyes fixed at the front of the room, lest he miss anything else.

Confessor

Reaction score
Driving his car through the school gates at breakneck speed, Rosgwak slammed on the brakes and managed to haphazardly get his car into a parking space. Then, jumping out and slamming the door behind him, Rosgwak ran towards the school doors, leaping up the steps and ducking in past someone who had opened the door, knocking them to the ground.

"Sorry!" Rosgwak shouted back over his shoulder. Normally he would've stopped to help the poor person back to their feet, but there was no time allowed to him right now. He was already late as it was. He had woken up that morning to a simple text message from Lilith on his phone, asking why he wasn't in Confessor's class, a class he was not aware was even on, but which he was apparently expected at. So, barely pausing to grab his schoolbag, Ros had raced out of the house and gotten to school as quickly as possible.

After tearing through the school corridors, Rosgwak finally arrived outside the room Confessor's class was apparently in. Hesitating outside the door briefly, Rosgwak wondered just how bad it would look, entering this late. He had heard amazing things of Confessor, and her teaching abilities, but he wasn't sure how forgiving she would be to an unsuspecting latecomer. However, taking a deep breathe, Ros decided to just bite the bullet, so to speak, and he opened the door, quickly hurrying in and closing it behind him.

"I'm terribly sorry I'm late, professor." he said, hurrying towards a free table nearby. Sitting down, he opened his bag, and began to pull out a blank book, eyes still facing Confessor. "I'm sorry, I really have no excuse. I promise it won't happen again." he said, opening his book, pulling out a pen, and beginning to copy out the notes that were written on the bed. After he had finished writing out the notes, Rosgwak leaned forward to the seat in front of him where Shogun sat. "Have I missed much?" he whispered, eyes fixed at the front of the room, lest he miss anything else.

Confessor looked up as one of the older boys ran into the room apologizing all the way. When he was seated a manual floated over to his desk and landed on top of his book bag.

"There is no need to apologize we all have our good days and bad ones. Ros, correct? I can see you are getting the notes which is good and I'm sure one of your friends here can tell you what happened. Before this next demonstration I'll give you all a short five minute break to use the bathroom or help yourself to something to eat or drink on the table by the door. If you have questions feel free to ask them now. I'm open for any thoughts you have. Oh by the way. I will hold two more classes this week. Considering today is tuesday. Please meet me back here on Thursday and Friday evenings. Next week when we continue on Class will be held on: Mondays, Wednesdays, and Friday evenings."

She smiled as she sat down at her desk before taking a drink from her water. She put the cap back on and looked up at all of her students. Waiting.

Last edited:

Kenshin

Drifter
Reaction score
Confessor had given the class a break, and he decided it was a god time to consult the teacher about the strange power he hadbeen using lately. As he was approaching the teacher, he couldnt help but feel uneasy. What if this turned out to be something really bad?Well, i have to know.

"Excuse me proffesor? I need to talk to you about the magic I accidently used. I have no idea what it is. Ive only just started to notice it quite recently. Im coming to a conclusion that it might be inheritance, my grandfather was a proficient mage. Whats happening to me?"

Confessor looked at him with a curious expression, seemingly searching her brains for the right answer.

Confessor

Reaction score
Confessor had given the class a break, and he decided it was a good time to consult the teacher about the strange power he had been using lately. As he was approaching the teacher, he couldn't help but feel uneasy. What if this turned out to be something really bad?Well, i have to know.

"Excuse me professor? I need to talk to you about the magic I accidentally used. I have no idea what it is. I've only just started to notice it quite recently. I'm coming to a conclusion that it might be inheritance, my grandfather was a proficient mage. Whats happening to me?"

Confessor looked at him with a curious expression, seemingly searching her brains for the right answer.

After she thought on it for a brief moment she nodded and looked at Kenshin.

"Well simple....magic is in your blood as it was in your grandfathers but your magical powers might not be as strong as his. You are slowly developing a skill. Nothing bad is happening to you but if I might ask....would it be possible for you to see me tomorrow so I can possibly see an example of the magic. I can research it more this evening as well. Would it be possible for you to see me?" she replied

Kenshin

Drifter
Reaction score
Confessor's answer made Kenshin feel alot better. It was good to know that nothing was wrong with him. "Yes proffesor, that would be great, and maybe we could figure out what triggers this strange power."

Confessor

Reaction score
Confessor's answer made Kenshin feel alot better. It was good to know that nothing was wrong with him. "Yes professor, that would be great, and maybe we could figure out what triggers this strange power."

Confessor gave Kenshin a pat on the shoulder. She munched on a few crackers as she waited for the five minutes to pass by. Normally for a lesson like this she would allow ten minutes but the had one more demonstration to complete. After that she would let them all go home. Looking up at the clock it read twenty minutes to seven. She was sure they would be done and out of the building by seven.

OP
I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun

Midnight Demon
Reaction score
Shogun didn't do much during their brief break. He mostly flipped through the manual Confessor had given them while he talked to the others who were sitting nearby. He was still thinking back on his experience those years ago with the Old Man. He wondered if he'd ever be able to reach that level of skill in the martial arts. The Old Man had only been able to turn the wizard's abilities against himself through absolute mastery, and while Shogun was very skilled, he was nowhere near mastering any type of style.

He took a deep sigh and looked up at the clock, it was already nearly seven, the class had flown by, Shogun wondered if the next sessions leading up to the firestorm would pass with similar swiftness. He wasn't too concerned, he really didn't have anywhere else to be, and he was happy to get all the preparation he could get for a potential battle with Arlo. Soon the class was back in session, he turned his attention back to the front to see what else Confessor had to show them.