PC Gaming

tearoutmythroat

Dr. Fuzzywhipple
Reaction score
I'm about to get my hands on a decent PC and I was wondering what games y'all might suggest as "must play" games. I've always been a console gamer and I'm making the switch.

The first two I already have my sights set on are LOTRO and COD4.

Let me know...

Rock on

Nox

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Well if you didn't play the older ones go with Diablo 2, Buldurs Gate 1 & 2( I must say this or OR will kill me horribly), Starcraft, Warcraft 3 etc.

From newer ones I suggest:

Half Life 2 and both episodes
The Witcher if you didn't already play it on your console
Newerwinter Nights 2
C&C: Tiberium Wars
Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay

and now new games that I hate but you may like:

Far Cry
Crysis
Any newer FPS that's set in the now.

If you want more just go to Gamespot and check out the top PC games.

Liadan

Insert Title Here
Reaction score
Well, it depends on what style of game you want to play, really. FPS/MMORPG/RTS? Competitive or "just for fun"?

As a note here: I love Guild Wars, but frankly, I don't really recommend it. The PvE quality is pretty bad in comparison to WoW (I'll admit that much), plus it's a dying game and GW2 will be out in the near future.

Frankly, I'd suggest waiting for the newest games to come out, rather than buying "classics," at least if you're looking for an online experience. :) If you're looking for games to play offline, Diablo 2's pretty damn fun. ;)

Meteorain

Magical & Mystical
Reaction score
OR kill your over not mentioning BG1 and 2? Lol wtf? I'll kill you! He's a FR nublet :S

My opinionated suggestions (maybe too many RTS' :p):

Starcraft
Warcraft 3 (and expansion)
Baldur's Gate 1 and 2
Half-Life 1 and 2
Dawn of War and all it's expansions
Unreal Tournament (Best goddamn Shoot em up ever) - and series if you want
Never Winter Nights and it's expansions and NWN2
Call of Duty 1 and 4

Nox

Antediluvian
Reaction score
He likes the whole series, not just FR.

I dunno about Unreal Tournament 3...I found it rather dissapointing, especialy considering it's called Unreal "TOURNAMENT" and there is no tournament at all.

Overread

Wolfing it up!
Staff member
Reaction score
Mets list is great! (sorry to inflate his ego, but it is)
and whist Unrealtournament 3 was not the best surely the mod community has saved it a little (and lets be honest the fun was in practice or online mostly - the campains were never the good) But unreal torunament Gold edition (or Editors edition) is a good grab!

After mets list I think you would have to start saying what kind(s) of game you like

Nox

Antediluvian
Reaction score
We made the same lists, you could have inflianced my ego, mine is bigger so a little more won't change anything.

Yeah, power to the mod community.

Meteorain

Magical & Mystical
Reaction score
Nah my list was superior with greater detail and also having a variation of games, not to mention I added a few more and took a few out.

You do realise that the BG series is just a part of FR? So just liking FR means you also like BG :S

OP
tearoutmythroat

tearoutmythroat

Dr. Fuzzywhipple
Reaction score
Well, it depends on what style of game you want to play, really. FPS/MMORPG/RTS? Competitive or "just for fun"?

As a note here: I love Guild Wars, but frankly, I don't really recommend it. The PvE quality is pretty bad in comparison to WoW (I'll admit that much), plus it's a dying game and GW2 will be out in the near future.

Frankly, I'd suggest waiting for the newest games to come out, rather than buying "classics," at least if you're looking for an online experience. :) If you're looking for games to play offline, Diablo 2's pretty damn fun. ;)

I'm fairly open-minded with game genres... I ususally try to pick up the best from each genre. Just got my first 70 in WOW and kind of lost interest. Too lazy to work for epics, but ill def cop the expansion when it comes out.

Like i said i'm def gonna grab a copy of COD4 to get my FPS on... maybe even crysis if im not fully satisfied on the FPS front.

As for MMORPG, since im done with WOW for a while i was gonna do LOTRO but it kinda looks a little too similar to WOW... Any comments on that?

Other than that I'm a big fan of platformers like ratchet and clank for playstation. I dont do sports games save for the occasional racer... but even then i like the game to be less realistic and more action based.

I'm anxious for any and all info on when GTA4 will be released for PC. until then does anyone know of any decent "sandbox" style action games out there? I beat all the other GTA's already. Is crackdown on PC and or worth it?

Thanks for the feedback!!

Nox

Antediluvian
Reaction score
WOW expension has been out for a year, it's called the Burning Crusade.

LOTRO is a beautiful game in my book, it reflects Tolkien very well, but it is in fact very much like WOW, the cartoony gfx which I love, even the gameplay, so it's up to you.

Platformers?On a PC the only ones worth mention are Assassin's Creed and the Prince of Persia series.

Racer that is more action based?Juiced then?I think you can blow up stuff there.

GTA4 has been released last week I believe.

Meteorain

Magical & Mystical
Reaction score
Well if he's a 70 then he already has the Burning Crusade expansion, I think he's talking about the latest one that will come out; Wrath of the Lich King.

Nox

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Another one?I didn't even play the BC...not that I wanted to, the Drenai are weird, I never wanted to have a tail and some hooves and the blood elves are to much like humans, I want some fallen night elves or something...

They should make Diablo 3 rather then mess around with WOW expensions!

Meteorain

Magical & Mystical
Reaction score
Nah, they need to make a new Warcraft and well was going to say Starcraft, but they already working on that :p

Nox

Antediluvian
Reaction score
We have W3, we need S3 and D3 now, but mostly D3...I want my hammer wielding paladin, I miss that little bugger...

Blackness

Reaction score
S2 isn't even out yet lawl :p

Hammerdins are gay. I had a cold sorc :p

Try Portal, it's a funfun game...