NOTICE on SPAM

Overread

Wolfing it up!
Staff member
Reaction score
I thought about putting this in the News thread and decided against it TFF NEWS

However I'd like to just say something regarding spam on the site. I'm not in any way saying don't use the spam section, its part of TFF and has been for a long time and will continue to be part of the site. However I'd like to remind users that at present TFF is going through a rebirth of activity. and one thing I think we all want is to see the site come alive again.

Part of that is, I think you will agree, all of us working together toward that goal. Thus I think part of that is learning a little self restraint when it come to spam. Not so much how we might spam one particular thread but the number of threads (and the age of those threads) which are bumped back up and spammed in. Remember each thread you bump back up and add too fills up the new-posts and activity of the site. So if you're bumping a dozen or more spam threads that's a lot of regular normal threads getting hidden (its why many forums operate a no spamming policy).

This, of course, hides other slower discussions on fantasy topic and can be quite tricky for new members to settle into when the volume of spam gets very great.

So I'd like us all to take a moment to reflect and just use a little self control. Also don't forget to check out the other areas and such! We've got a lot of sections and we've been out of contact with each other for a while. There's been films to see, books to read, games to play and more that we can all come to share with each other and which can focus on the sites FANTASY (and sci fi) focus.

Making TFF Great again is something we are all involved in :)

Tamago

Lord-Commander of Anakin's Kingsguard
Reaction score
Since we're talking spam here, I have one question or suggestion, how you like to call it. There's this thread Use My Word in the spam section and I feel that if you could move it to the Random chat section it would be nicer. Because even though it's a sort of 'spam' thread, the answers are pretty cool! And some members seem to put some effort into writing a whole story as an answer. So, I don't know, I feel it's a pity to lose it in the spam section.