New Grand Theft Auto Game!

Reaction score
No, no. No racism implied at all, of course. I like Italians, and I have nothing against white trash, per se, but it's been a little overdone, don't you think?

Arijah

The Firstborn
Reaction score
Dude. All I know is that when it comes out not everyone is going to get a copy because sales are going to be crazy and most stores will most likely completely run out of their initial supplies....but sooner or later I'll pick mine up, and I'll see all of you back here to talk about how cool it is.

This has got to be the most anticipated game besides Halo 2, which I think people have gotten tired of waiting for anyways.

Reaction score
Heh. You got that right. Along with Half Life 2, Doom III, (And personally...) Sims 2.

All the best sequels are taking friggin' forever!

But, come this October...ohhh baby. GTA. :D

Ranger_of_Gondor

Gondorian Defender
Reaction score
Massachusets(The mostly Anti-Bush state. Hooray!)
I have only played GTA: Vice City and let me tell you it is one of the best games I have ever played. So I have high hopes for this one. But am still waiting to see if GTA: Vice City will be coming to the Mac. But I may be picking up an Xbox for the holidays in which case I could just get GTA for the Xbox.

Nethroule

Hobbit of the Shire
Reaction score
This game isn't going to be all that great, especially if your one of those people who just use the cheats to kill guys. It basically going to be the same game as the other 2 if thats all you do. Plus they don't ebven bother to upgrade the graphcis at all.

Half-Life 2 and Halo 2 are going to be incredible compared to this. Its not likebecause people have to wait longer there not going to get the game. It could come out for another 3 years and I won't mind to much. Because other games will come out before it that I anticipate even more. Like the new Zelda. This game looks incredible and will probably be my most favorite game of all time.

Reaction score
I heart grand theft auto vice city to the third power. I like going in the big semi and honking the horn while I kill people. It's fun good times for me. Hope the new one is five times as good.

Reaction score
Nethroule said:
This game isn't going to be all that great, especially if your one of those people who just use the cheats to kill guys. It basically going to be the same game as the other 2 if thats all you do. Plus they don't ebven bother to upgrade the graphcis at all.

Half-Life 2 and Halo 2 are going to be incredible compared to this. Its not likebecause people have to wait longer there not going to get the game. It could come out for another 3 years and I won't mind to much. Because other games will come out before it that I anticipate even more. Like the new Zelda. This game looks incredible and will probably be my most favorite game of all time.
Wow. Um, it's easy to trash a game when you compare apples and oranges, isn't it?

First of all, Halo 2 and Half Life 2 are completely different genre games than the GTA series.

Secondly, if you'd paid any attention to the above posts, you'd note the differences being added to the game this time 'round, as well as the different innovations that have been encorporated to the series throughout its history.

The graphical upgrades are apparent even to a novice with each installment, and the gameplay improves exponentially each time. In my humble opinion...your post was incredibly naieve and ignorant. But that's just me.

As for the new Zelda...heck yeah! Who isn't looking forward to it? But I don't think I've ever heard anyone preempt the release of a game with the words "It will probably be my favorite game of all time." Especially when it is a game that so little is known about. But, you like what you like I guess...right?

Nethroule

Hobbit of the Shire
Reaction score
jeremiah.l.burns said:
Wow. Um, it's easy to trash a game when you compare apples and oranges, isn't it?

First of all, Halo 2 and Half Life 2 are completely different genre games than the GTA series.

Secondly, if you'd paid any attention to the above posts, you'd note the differences being added to the game this time 'round, as well as the different innovations that have been encorporated to the series throughout its history.

The graphical upgrades are apparent even to a novice with each installment, and the gameplay improves exponentially each time. In my humble opinion...your post was incredibly naieve and ignorant. But that's just me.

As for the new Zelda...heck yeah! Who isn't looking forward to it? But I don't think I've ever heard anyone preempt the release of a game with the words "It will probably be my favorite game of all time." Especially when it is a game that so little is known about. But, you like what you like I guess...right?

I don't really care if they're diffrent genres, that doesn't mean I can't compare them. I suppose you also think that mexicans and europeans shouldn't have equal rights or be compared because they are soooo totally diffrent. RACIST!!

As for these "apparent graphical upgrades", I don't see much of a change between GTA III and the San Andreas screenshots. Not that those few screenshots of San Adreas count for much, since their only pictures of a single model and location. It'll look a lot diffrent once the PS2 is showing hundreds of character models. Besides, who even knows if those screenshots were running off of PS2 hardware?

As for my excitement of Zelda, it doesn't take a genius to figure out what kind of game it's going to be. At it's very core, its a combination of the great battle system of Wind Waker with the awesome story-telling of Ocarina. Just that alone excites me more than another round of killing hookers or any other "revolutionary" fps. Everything else with the new Zelda (i.e., horse riding and whatever the new "gimmick" item is) is just icing on the cake.

I know I come off strong and angry, but please don't take anything I said offensively. I'm just trying to make a point. And no, I don't really think you're a racist.

OP
aaron.j.cypher

aaron.j.cypher

Aaron, King of the Flakes
Reaction score
OOOOOOOOOk, people. My original intent for this thread was to discuss the greatness or not-so-greatness of the new GTA game. While all of your opinions are valid, I do wish to keep this thread alive. So, if you both want to continue posting hear, I would advise that you take this debate to the debate section of the Forum. I have seen Boom tear down threads for using them as they should not be used. I do not want to sound angry at the two of you, I value your posts very, very much. But I just don't want to see this thread closed or the two of you repromanded.
So, if you guys would please try to keep the debating/argueing to a minimum, I would greatly appreciate it.
Again, your opinions are valued... So, I would like to keep them!
But thank you for your ferver towards this thread! It's always good to see.

Reaction score
Well I appreciate your concern, Aaron. Really I do. No sarcasm intended at all. Thank you.

But this thread is titled "New GTA Game", and as such, it is implied that we give our opinons about the game in question.

This will involve differences of opinions. It will include the rehashing of the series as a whole in order to make reference points. It will revolve around the comparison of the game to similar games in order to see how it stacks up. (Which is my main complaint with Netheroule...we can't see how GTA: SA stacks up to other games in its genre if we use games outside its genre for comparison) All of these things combine to make a good discussion of a new game. I think I've done my part to stay on topic...if anyone feels otherwise, I welcome the repremand.

I hope I don't come off as upset towards you in anyway, because I'm not. On the contrary, you're wise to warn us of possible problems related to our "debating" as you put it. But I think so far, we're doing okay. I'll do my part to watch what I say, however. Thanks.

Oh and by the way....

Netheroule said:
I suppose you also think that mexicans and europeans shouldn't have equal rights or be compared because they are soooo totally diffrent. RACIST!!
Netheroule said:
And no, I don't really think you're a racist.
If you were joking, I'm not laughing.

Khamul

Roaming
Reaction score
Because we have a variety of ethnicities who visit the site, we would ask that you keep all comments regarding any form of racism to a minimum.

By the way, in my opinion, the debate furthers the thread and helps sustain it to begin with. It's interesting to see two different types of gamers discussing a specific game.

OP
aaron.j.cypher

aaron.j.cypher

Aaron, King of the Flakes
Reaction score
jeremiah.l.burns said:
Well I appreciate your concern, Aaron. Really I do. No sarcasm intended at all. Thank you.

Your welcome.

jeremiah.l.burns said:
But this thread is titled "New GTA Game", and as such, it is implied that we give our opinons about the game in question.

Very true.

jeremiah.l.burns said:
This will involve differences of opinions. It will include the rehashing of the series as a whole in order to make reference points. It will revolve around the comparison of the game to similar games in order to see how it stacks up. (Which is my main complaint with Netheroule...we can't see how GTA: SA stacks up to other games in its genre if we use games outside its genre for comparison) All of these things combine to make a good discussion of a new game. I think I've done my part to stay on topic...if anyone feels otherwise, I welcome the repremand.

Your points are entirely valid. But I must say that the only reason that I was replying as I did was because of the fact that I did not want to see this argument or "tusle" escalate into anything that would result into a ban or a warning by any of the administrators. And we all know how some can react to things like this.
Again, I understand that this thread revolves around the differences of opinion, but I had seen that two differences had a possibility to become more than just "differences of opinion."
Again, I do not blame either of you because you were both discussing what I had originally intended for this thread. Again, I thank your ferver.

jeremiah.l.burns said:
I hope I don't come off as upset towards you in anyway, because I'm not.

On the contrary, I value your opinions entirely.

jeremiah.l.burns said:
On the contrary, you're wise to warn us of possible problems related to our "debating" as you put it. But I think so far, we're doing okay.

Yes you are. But, again, I was mearly trying to point out a potential "threat." It isn't even big enough to be refered to as a "threat," but for lack of better words... There you go.

jeremiah.l.burns said:
I'll do my part to watch what I say, however. Thanks.

That was my only point, and you have nailed it. That was all I was trying to get across. I am glad to hear that some people understand me better than others.
Again, you are a valuable poster to my thread and I thank you greatly for your support.
I am in no way angry with either of you and I do not want to get into an argument/debate about what I have said. I thank you for your posts.
Keep em' comin!

Keep rockin Jerry!