Need help finding the name of a book...

Paladin-X

Reaction score
Howdy all!

Over the past year I have been trying to collect my favorite fantasy books that I've ever read and there is just one that escapes me... Unfortunately I don't remember much about the book, but I was hoping someone might have an idea.

The only thing I really remember about the book was that there was a sword, I think it was about 6-7 feet long and was seemingly weightless. The sword is alive, but is in a sleeping state and gathers strength/awakens every time it's used to kill. I think it was called a bane sword or wolfsbane or something similar. I think it was also described as a sickly yellow color.

Also, I think the book was a stand-alone with no sequels or trilogies. Although, I could be wrong about that as I wasn't really aware of those kinds of things back then. I just picked up a book and read it.

The only other information I have is that it must have been published on or before 1997 since I read it in high school and that was my grad year.

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to provide!

Paladin-X

kartaron

Hunter / Gatherer
Reaction score
maybe "down among the dead men" by Simon Green? Actually part of a series but it fit otherwise.