Kurts Fantasy World

OP
K

Kurt

The Fighters Guide House Member
Reaction score
I use dice to determine to what word is picked on each card. I roll 3 dice first to determine what line out of 13 is picked. If the number is greater than the list you go back to line one. So if you rolled a 14 you would go back to one. 15 would be 2 and so on. Once you have achieved the line number roll 1 dice or 2 dice. If the number is greater than the amount of words you go back to the first word. Hope that clears that up.

Last edited:
OP
K

Kurt

Reaction score
Look here is the list of words that I generated to make the monsters.

Blind Trophy Den Test Hand Squirming Effigy. Line 1
Crept Bone Bird Pain Bump Miasma Ladder. Line 2
Spire Sylphs Serpent Brutal Dead Ivy Rogue.
Barn Mummy Troop Train Banshee Shell Fallow.
Desert Musketeer Perilous Stream Cloud Gargoyles Medicine.
Halt Valise Health Vampire Sting Chapel Spider.
Attic Leopard Spirits Wild Prayer Growl Ogres.
Opal Artifact Mammoth Meat Prey Ladle Mountain.
Abomination Level Ocher Caterpillar Tummy Dagger Gable.

For example Bone Birds is in Line 2. Medicine line 5 and Mummy Line 4 = Medicine Mummy. All the creatures good and evil are in the list with the exception of the word Gnarled I added to Gargoyles.

OP
K

Kurt

Reaction score
There is one other bonus when you read a book and you write the words down to make 1 or 2 cards per book look over words you have on the card 13 lines of words on each card. You may find there is combinations on the cards themselves not relating to the story because you have picked them from all over book even before you do the randomizing. Somebody told me to scan books without reading that is really tedious don't do it that way. So you can enjoy reading your book at the same time while listing the words you picked on a card.

OP
K

Kurt

Reaction score
My computer has been down for a week. So I was unable to make any posts. So now I should continue where I left off.

Random information as it came up.

Wall Wreckage of Battery Basilica. Dragon King Glider. Ape Archers. Vagabond sleeping in a Barn.
Tank Toad - Big and Fat. Mammoth Thunder Trample. Shadow Shade Seductress. Alabaster Attic.
Tendril Trap = Tentacle Trap.

Unearth Decaying Mob of Maniacs = Zombies. Brownie Slave Nest. Barbarian Basket of Cherries. Forbidden Faith. Avalanche Mountain. Fear Funnel = Giant Spider. Roman Robe. Sulfur Snake. Mausoleum Gallery. Devouring Ooze. Druid Imp.

The Frosty Fields Peril Plateau. 2 Great Wool Worms. 1 Morgue Mistress. 1 Imp Interloper. 1 Scroll of Fog. 2 Rings of Fate. 1 Obsidian Ogre. 1 Dragon Diplomacy = You may trade with a Dragon this turn. Devils Castle. Aurora Altar. 1 Grecian Gold Vase. The words Wool and Fate came up Twice.

OP
K

Kurt

Reaction score
Hangman Hall. Emerald Elemental. Braided Basket. Shock Snake. Cheat Coma. Monastery Mob. Plains Pelt. Gold Chalice. Frozen Fragrance. Roast Boar. Doom Dweller. Bag of Blossoms. Citadel Cross.

Chanting Cedar Coven. Gloating Gypsies. Brimstone Bride. Forbidden Frescoes of Rainbow Reptiles. Savage Sparkle in her eye. Wailing Whip. Damned Bull (minotaur). Bulbous Behemoth. Diamond Ring. Ring of Rust damages Golems and Robots. Sun Skitters. Crow Coins. Bore Basin of Butcher Beetles. The Brimstone Bride from Devils Castle with a savage sparkle in her eye uses the wailing whip on the damned bull. Outside in hell her pet the Bulbous Behemoth patrols outside. The Bore Basin of Butcher Beetles are nearby.

OP
K

Kurt

Reaction score
Salt Shrine - Trapped ghosts are inside. Riddle Rogue. Sleep Scroll. Altar of Air. Madness Mansion. Flint Farm = Dwarves.

Underground Urchin. Rage Ring. Fairy Fountain. Cat Chimney = Cat stuck in chimney. Hawk Hollow = A birds nest. Thunder Thugs = Are they related to Thor. Junkyard Octopus sounds ridiculous out of water and sorting out trash with its tentacles.

OP
K

Kurt

Reaction score
Wild Wraith. Altar of Ants. Wizard Emblem Teleport Tattoos. Cursed Cleaver. Helmet of Horns. Elephant Elves. Walking Willow = Tree Spirit. Diamond Quarry. Séance Shack.

Snake of Runes = Immune to Magic. Shroud Spirit = Immune to magic. Spell Spiders = Immune to magic.

Mistletoe Marionette = Dryad. Master Matador = Immune to Minotaurs. Azure Ankh. Louse bite spoils food.

JIM

zombie Turncoat
Reaction score
as a DM, i'm interested in hearing more about how you came by this system, what made it happen? rather than results of your randomiser i'd love to hear more about the randomiser it's self

olivia_the_lamb

Staff member
Reaction score
as a DM, i'm interested in hearing more about how you came by this system, what made it happen? rather than results of your randomiser i'd love to hear more about the randomiser it's self

I second this notion!

OP
K

Kurt

Reaction score
I am no stranger to unusual ideas. I just thought it up because I wanted to create a system, an idea generator because I was planning to use it to create a game rather than writing a story. I had made a board game years before not relating to the randomizer. Its been under my bed for the last twenty years. I did send my idea for the board game off to wizards of coast but I never got a reply back and I gave up after that. I was thinking about putting the game on this site so that everyone could have it, but its huge too much information. I was thinking about mythlogical creatures that they are combination of 2 or more creatures like a centaur or a minotaur. So I came up with the idea what if you could make up your own mythical creature from a combination of animals. So I put different animals on cards. You draw 2 animal cards for each player and you are a combination of these creatures. You go around the board collecting treasure and battling monsters. You need to collect so many emeralds, diamonds, sapphires, rubies and pearls to win the game before other players.

JIM

zombie Turncoat
Reaction score
ok, say you have a combination of 2 creatures, how do you decide which is dominant when it comes to assigning stats?

OP
K

Kurt

Reaction score
The first card you draw is the top half. The second card is the bottom half. You know that puzzle that most people have done at least once where you draw the top half you fold it over and pass it to the next person and they draw the bottom half. Then you reveal it.

My favorite video games and the games I played the most were the ones that had randomizers in them they go back to the early 80's right up to present. Intellivison the last ones out for the system I picked up a copy of advanced dungeon and dragons treasure of tarmin and the tower of doom they both had randomizers in them. Next there was a computer game dungeon hack with random mazes. They all had random mazes. Hero's of might and magic 2 on the computer. Random generated maps. Slayer for 3do the short lived expensive game system. Diablo 3 I finished a few times random mazes. Games that have randomizers are few and far between. I only wished they made a new treasure of tarmin and dungeon hack games with todays graphics please. Other games are just a one way trip they never change.

OP
K

Kurt

Reaction score
Feeding Skulls. Compass Center. Jade Needle = weapon. Gold Torpedo. Gold Gallows. Net Library= Internet. Park Ship like a car. Brandish cloak cutter = Knife. Mummy Mouse. Snort Pollen = A new kind of drug. Pollen Pixie. Mortar Mountain = Its been bombed a lot. Sledgehammer Sapphire Snail. Enchanted Sleep. Pegasus Soothsayer. Forsaken Fear, Marrow Monk. Squirrel Salvia. 2 Beelzebub Beetles. Tower of Knowledge, Crimson Coral, Bald Earth Bride = Druid. Hermit Hoard. Storm Scholar = wizard. Jokers Jewels.

OP
K

Kurt

Reaction score
Miracle Mermaid = Healer. Miracle Mind = Genius. Pig Pit. Doctor Diviner. Grave Ghouls. Squall of Splinters. Archaic Enchanter. Trickster Triumph Purse Prank. Drunken Dweller. Chick Clash = fight.
Snoop Song = Snoop Dog. Torn Truth Tribunal. Goatee Gnomes Tunnel Journey with Mosaic Machetes. Falcon Frenzy Bird Bite. Boomrang Bully. Emerald Eel.

You can even form sentences with the random words the bigger it gets.

OP
K

Kurt

Reaction score
I even thought that it could be possible to create random paragraphs if I pursuit it for years but it would take more of my time the bigger it got. I have been working on a new idea for a game but it is in early development. I would use the randomizer to achieve my ideas for this game which I am now working on it is called War God it looks like it could be promising but I should know more as the weeks go by. I started with new randomizations for this game rather than going back over the old stuff. 2 cards so far with 20 options on each card. 1 randomization per day but not everyday. I like collecting fantasy card and board games. Lord of the rings, game of thrones, starwars and warhammer disk wars. Love the art for these games only that I have not figured how to play them yet. I need someone to teach me.