Kobe Bryant Scores 81

Elkean

Reaction score
I'm not sure how many sport fans are on this forum (if there are any), but I just thought this was too amazing to just go unnoticed. Yesterday, in the NBA when the Los Angeles Lakers played the Toronto Raptors the Laker's star player Kobe Bryant scored 81 points in only 4 quarters of play. A single game performance of this standard hasn't been seen for over 40 years since Wilt Chamberlain scored 100 points for the Philadelphia Warriors in 1962 (That's still the greatest scoring by one player in a single game). People are saying that Kobe's performance last night will be remembered for years to come and will be thought of more than Wilt's 100 point phenomenon. Here's Kobe Bryant's stats from the game last night:

Field Goals: 28 of 46 attempts
Free Throws: 18 of 20 attempts
Assists: 2 (big surprise)

Now if you think about it this fete isn't that big of a surprise since Kobe dropped 62 points in only 3 quarters on the Dallas Mavericks a month ago, and the Toronto Raptor's basketball team is one of the crappiest professional teams to ever walk this earth. Plus Kobe is the only good player on the Lakers and he hogs the ball, so that is why he was given the chance to score this many points.

In my opinion Wilt's 100 will always be remembered longer and better than Kobe's 81, but I still think that Kobe scoring 81 points in a single game is truly amazing and it will be talked about for a very long time to come.

Does anybody else have any thoughts on this matter?

Last edited:

Jessehk

The introverted
Reaction score
I'll let the other moderators decide if this thread belongs here or not, but all I can say is that our team stinks. :p

OP
E

Elkean

Reaction score
Absolutely Jessehk. If the mods wish to move it to another place on the forum or delete this thread entirely they can go right ahead. I just couldn't let this go unnoticed. I mean it is pretty amazing that he did that.

Kakashi

Call me Deacon Blues
Reaction score
i agree that wilts will be rembered longer, but if you think, the NBA is alot harder than it was when wilt scored 100

OP
E

Elkean

Reaction score
I disagree, plus Kobe wasn't playing the whole NBA. He was playing the TORONTO RAPTORS who SUCK HORRIBLY! Plus, Wilt still had the same level of competition in the league those days as Kobe does today in the NBA.

Drac Critius

Radical Subjectivist
Reaction score
81...damn...damn...

Kobe’s performance will probably will be remembered for a while since it happened recently and not in the 60's (at least to younger generations).

IMO,
DC

Mububban

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm Australian and don't follow the NBA, but am a general sport fan, and I've heard of Wilt Chamberlain scoring 100 points. It's one of those "pinnacle" records, like Bradman averaging 99.94 when the next best player in history averages 65 or so

OP
E

Elkean

Reaction score
I've been watching a lot of NBA lately and a lot of people have already forgotten about Kobe's 81 points. I mean everybody talked about it for that one weekend and then it just kind of faded away.