It's that time again

S.J. Faerlind

Flashlight Shadowhunter
Reaction score
This time of year we often run a short story contest to shake things up a bit and have some fun. In spite of the fact that TFF has been kinda quiet lately I thought I'd throw it out there:

Does anyone have an interest in participating in another short story contest this year? To run it I need people to volunteer to write and others to volunteer to judge. Writers would have a month to write a story with a maximum length of 5000 words. Ideally, we'd start writing June 15 and you'd have to submit a story by July 15.
Judges would then score the stories and have to get their scores in by August 15th. We'd announce results before September 1st. I usually mail a prize of some kind to the winner (last year the winner got a t-shirt designed by our own Taliesyn).

Anyway, if people could sign up in this thread, we'll proceed if there is enough interest. :)

Firiath

Halfling barbarian
Reaction score
I'd volunteer to judge (again). Will definitely not write, as I should be writing my thesis instead. :p

Midnattblod

Royal Wolf of Shadow
Reaction score
Definitely interested in trying my luck with writing again. Sign me up.

Druid of Lûhn

The Little Lamb.
Reaction score
Although I would love to write, I know that I won't (and won't have much of the time free to anyway), so I will gladly judge again :)
Can we please kidnap Lord Yuan and force him to take part?

Emerlas

Emerz
Reaction score
where did Lord yuan disappear to anyway
though I can't say much I've been very quiet for some time

Not sure I can participate in this one, even though I would love to be involved, I have to time manage
and I'm not sure I could manage to write or judge for this
but goodluck everyone :D

Druid of Lûhn

The Little Lamb.
Reaction score
I know this hasn't been visited in a while, but I thought I'd mention that I've got the beginning of a story idea floating around in my head that I will need to write now for anything to come of it. Nothing might come of it in the end anyway, but if something does, I hope to use it in the competition (if it ever comes about ;))

As I will be away most of July anyway, this sort of makes up for loss of time.

If only people were interested…