How many games do you own?

Crouton

Reaction score
How many games do you have in your games collection?
For this I have counted only legal games I have purchased in store or online. Not including downloaded roms and such

3DS: 1

PS3: 39 Disc Games, 4 Downloadable Games

Steam: 85

Other PC: 4

Total: 133

I wish I could go back in time and keep all my previous consoles/games like PS1, PS2 etc instead of trading them in. I would have an epic collection if I did that.

Lord Yuan

Hell Woman
Reaction score
Oh man maybe like 10 GBC, 30 GBA, 40 DS, 4 3DS, 10 N64, Way too many Gamecube games, 20 Wii games, and 100 some pc games.

All of this is estimated from glancing at a few shelves. I was raised on Nintendo and because of that I've kind of stuck to it until lately when the Wii has had 0 games worth buying and I got way into PC games.

JNK

King of tards
Reaction score
oh did I check it as "in collection", sorry not yet... planing to buy, maybe in December

Emelie

Queen of darkness
Reaction score
Wii - 17
PC - 67
Xbox 360 - 38

I bet there's more hidden somewhere though... im a master at hiding/forgetting games...

Overread

Wolfing it up!
Staff member
Reaction score
I keep losing count ;)
That said I've certainly gained a good 20 or so titles on the PC in the last year which are "in the collection" but not really "bought" these are mostly the result of bundles (mostly those big indy bundles and similar). So there are certainly a few games I own (digitally) which I don't actually envision ever playing.

Turambar

Harebrained
Staff member
Reaction score
lol - do you guys (girls) actually play these games? Finished them??

I have time to enjoy about 2 games per year and play them enough to pay for it. PC games over my entire life would top out at about... 50, I think.

Overread

Wolfing it up!
Staff member
Reaction score
Play yes - finish - eh sometimes.

It really depends on the game though, some are good to finish whilst others are not. One thing with PC games is that you don't "GAIN" anything from finishing them. This is unlike console games where you're encouraged to finish the game so that you can unlock all the really neat stuff. So in the PC world you can easily get a lot of fun out of a full game without beating it.

OP
Crouton

Crouton

Reaction score
lol - do you guys (girls) actually play these games? Finished them??

I have time to enjoy about 2 games per year and play them enough to pay for it. PC games over my entire life would top out at about... 50, I think.

No and no. I keep saying "I'm saving them for a rainy day" and in a way I am. I never don't have a new game to play. It's just taking me a long time to get to them all. I have played a lot of them, but I haven't finished many. Maybe only 10 or so. It's my goal to start finishing more.

Taliesyn

It's a feral reality out there, kids.
Reaction score
Wii: 15
DS: 3
3DS: 1

Wow. I must either be really picky or dirt poor. :D

OP
Crouton

Crouton

Reaction score
Do you ever trade in Eph or do you keep them? What's the 3DS game that you have?

Taliesyn

It's a feral reality out there, kids.
Reaction score
The 3DS game is The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. I play it once a year. :)

I haven't seen any other 3DS games that I've really wanted to try out, although there is Paper Mario: Sticker Star coming out here in December. I'll definitely be picking that one up.

As for trades, I do that a lot. I couldn't afford to sample all the games I do if I didn't. And I tend to find at least 75% of the games I do try to be not my cup of tea at all, so I'd much rather put them towards something else than to keep them on my shelf gathering dust.

The games I tend to keep are the ones that I'll come back to again and again, which so far include the Zelda titles in my collection, as well as the likes of Okami, Okamiden, Monster Hunter Tri, Pikmin 2, Metroid Prime Trilogy, and both Super Mario Galaxy games.

I'm hoping that there'll be a few keepers out of the upcoming Wii U line up of games. :)

OP
Crouton

Crouton

Reaction score
Ah see that's why your collection is considerably smaller. I'm a game hoarder. As long as I still have a working console I won't trade in the games. I've only ever traded in games that I can no longer play when I have gotten rid of old consoles.

JNK

King of tards
Reaction score
I actually did not count several hundred SNES and GB/GBA roms, which I have and can playon emulators... I also mentioned only those of nintendo 64, which I care about...