Horror games anyone?

Silvermune

Reaction score
I can't believe nobody has posted it, for a horror game I'd highly recommend "Fatal Frame" 1 2 or 3. Its a 3rd person type sorta like silent hill / re style but you wander around a haunted manor/village/mansion depending on game with a camera as a weapon highly recommended really creepy atmosphere and an okay storyline. :]

Last edited:

JCNoir

Published Author
Reaction score
Alan Wake I thought was pretty good, regardless of some bad reviews.

Also, big fan of anything Clive Barker. Undying, and Jericho. Jericho, though difficult was a blast. Nice to find a horror/shooter with a good storyline.

OP
Foinikas

Foinikas

Playing backgammon!
Reaction score
I can't believe nobody has posted it, for a horror game I'd highly recommend "Fatal Frame" 1 2 or 3. Its a 3rd person type sorta like silent hill / re style but you wander around a haunted manor/village/mansion depending on game with a camera as a weapon highly recommended really creepy atmosphere and an okay storyline. :]

Fatal Frame games are very good examples of horror games BUT unfortunately for me they are only for consoles :(

Silvermune

Reaction score
Fatal Frame games are very good examples of horror games BUT unfortunately for me they are only for consoles :(
Yeah its a shame as far as horror games go they are on top though I have not yet gotten a chance to play amnesia and have heard wonderful things about it.

OP
Foinikas

Foinikas

Playing backgammon!
Reaction score
It's a pretty good game.It will scare very much sometimes but not because something jumps in front of you but because you have no weapons and...you have to hide or escape.Trust me it works very well.I just installed FEAR 2.I wanna see if it's better than the first one.I didn't find the first one scary.

AlphaAlex

Official Forum Nuisance
Reaction score
Alan Wake I thought was pretty good, regardless of some bad reviews..

heh I remember playing that on my my mates xbox. We got bored of it and played old sega after having a few beers XP

thewildeman2

Creator of Galaxy Zento
Reaction score
In video games I like the Zombie games. I've played Dead Rising 1 and 2 just to smash zombies. Red Dead Undead Nightmare was fun too.

azuren82

Berserk got banned...
Reaction score

Oh gawd... that one. Why did I miss it? The very fact that FF has always been far more higher end on the horror factor seemed to go unnoticed by random ppl hypnotized by the far well known titles. But then again, I dun remember Okami being well received in the sales despite the proven quality. Ditto for all the good JRPGs as well. Sometimes, I'm tempted to ask myself whether human beings are no diff from a bunch of mules when it comes to the term pack mentality. :S

OP
Foinikas

Foinikas

Playing backgammon!
Reaction score
With the new computer I can finally play Resident Evil 5 normally,because I had some problems with the controls in the laptop and I couldn't play it.But I was playing and playing now.It's not that much horror,let's face it,the Resident Evil games have long forgotten what survival horror is,but it's a very good game generally.Ok yes you could say it's a survival horror game but it's not like the 2 first ones which were the best in the series.