Ok both of Hermione's parents are muggles so when they got the letter saying that she had been excepted to Hogwarts - why did they believe??? Surely they wouldve thought it to have been a joke. Your thoughts please.
We have just completed a site and software upgrade. Please see the Fantasy Forum Upgrade Thread for more information.
Maybe they didn't just get the letter. Maybe a wizard or witch visited them and gave them the standard recruiting pitch:
"In many ways, wizarding schools have more similarities than differences. Yet Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry has a uniqueness in providing programs that are consistent in excellence across the board, from arcane arts and inhumanities to the hard magical sciences. We find that our most prepared students are those who may wish to take difficult classes in Summoning yet perform with the Quidditch team or take a major character role in a campus coven or exorcism. You will find that our students have such diversity of interests that a Precognition major may be taking a minor in English, or a Magical Creatures major may have a minor in art.
We can proudly state that this balance of programs is based on our long tradition as a leading magical arts institution combined with our position as one of the top ten wizarding schools in generating Eldritch-based revenues. We have met the challenge to provide the breadth of opportunity needed to prepare our graduates for further study in a graduate program or to enter directly into a meaningful and rewarding career, such as with the Ministry of Magic or as a vaunted Auror.
From Prestidigitation, Necromancy, and Clairvoyance to music, Quidditch, and dancing naked under the moon, the environment is rich for you to reach the highest levels of educational creativity.
What will you remember as you prepare for your 20th year HSOWAW reunion? Some of you may remember the time you spent doing research on cockatrice DNA or the special relationship you had with a faculty mentor. Yet you may find that your most fond memories were of the academy experience:
- Living away from home,
- Getting to know people from all over the world,
- The late night conversations with friends (some of which may even have been related to your classes! Or necromancy!),
- Watching your team win the Quidditch Cup,
- Surviving the exploits of three-headed dogs and marauding lizard-things,
- Being elected to Head Boy,
- Researching how to turn cotton nightgowns invisible,
- Imbibing strange and wonderful new potions that you made yourself (note: Hogwarts is not liable for lasting effects of imbibing strange potions),
- Hunting unicorn-killing giant spiders in our local arboretum,
- Telling your roommate's mother how much time he spends in the hospital wing,
- Simply the experience of being in a single place with so many exciting people, many of whom just might be possessed.
For many Hogwarts graduates, the experience of learning at our traditional residential campus is the greatest value of a wizarding education. When you combine that with what you will learn in the classroom, dungeon, or séance, you will find the great value of attending Hogwarts."
Something along those lines, anyway. Something Muggles could relate to.