Hello Fellow Fantasy Lovers -- from a fantasy films filmmaker!

Johanna McKey

Reaction score
I'm not only new to this site, but also new to doing forums or blogs - ever! I am a fantasy films filmmaker, and it is important for me to learn what you, the audience, love and appreciate about fantasy. It is my first time for such interaction, with the audience, as a fellow fantasy fan -- rather than the usual, writer and director. I am here to learn, from you, about you, and what it is that you value in this genre. Hello! I am ready to listen, I am ready to learn.

Feidai

Put some spleen into it.
Reaction score
Welcomings of the most friendly sort be upon you! I'm sure you'll find some willing probe victims around here somewhere that will be all too happy to tell you everything their little brain sponges can squeeze out~

Myself, I like originality, a good deal of oddness and decent writing mixed together to make the perfect fantasy soup. Or just a good adventure tale with all the cliches you can thrust into a plot as long as it's carried out well.

Running Wolf

Join the Madness
Reaction score
Hey there, welcome to TFF :)

Fantasy films for me live more from a good story than from special effects (like dragons or big magical explosions and stuff like that)
Lord of the rings for example was in a nice balance, but Eragon wasn't.

bloodfiredeath

Die by the Sword
Reaction score
Hi Johanna, welcome to the forum!!
As far as Fantasy movies go, the plot and relevant dialogue are paramount!! No Hollywood cliches are welcome!! This include Love interests and predictable heroes!!
And more gritty reality!!
And CGI is terrible, unless you have a massive budget...it comes off tacky and pathetic.
Hope you enjoy it here!!

Druid of Lûhn

The Little Lamb.
Reaction score
The Druid of Lûhn welcome thee to TFF.

The Druid warns thee against the reason mentioned in thy post being the only reason of interest to thee. The Druid tells thee that thou must be here for other reasons.