He is Dead

Alchemist

The Fighters Guide House Member
Reaction score
Warning Spoiler, if you have not read Half-Blood Prince you best stop here...if not then its your fault.

Well, Rowling announced that Dumbledor is actually dead, go check the article out at http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org
She said Dumbledor will not be "pulling a Gandalf" and that he is in fact dead and we all need to get on with our lives and move onto the stages of grief.
I for one knew he was dead, I mean his potrait appeared at the end of the book in the headmaster's office and only those headmaster's who have died have their potraits up there.

so, fellow HP fans...time to move on.

Confessor

Reaction score
Alchemist said:
Warning Spoiler, if you have not read Half-Blood Prince you best stop here...if not then its your fault.

Well, Rowling announced that Dumbledor is actually dead, go check the article out at http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org
She said Dumbledor will not be "pulling a Gandalf" and that he is in fact dead and we all need to get on with our lives and move onto the stages of grief.
I for one knew he was dead, I mean his potrait appeared at the end of the book in the headmaster's office and only those headmaster's who have died have their potraits up there.

so, fellow HP fans...time to move on.

I totally agree. Dumbeldore was a great character and one that allowed Harry to be led in the right direction. I look forward to the next installment of HP. Does anyone know how many books are left to be published?? :)

Meteorain

Magical & Mystical
Reaction score
Heh...maybe he'll appear to harry in the force :S

I always wondered...those potraits seem to have a mind of their own. You think Harry can talk to a portrait Dumbledore?

Anakin

God Emperor
Reaction score
yeah good point Met! It's magic, he can always return Obi-Wan style! Anything is possible...And I bet he will communicate with Hairy one way or another...whoops Harry! (I know old joke...Just had to say it:D)

OP
Alchemist

Alchemist

The Fighters Guide House Member
Reaction score
Confessor_in_White said:
I totally agree. Dumbeldore was a great character and one that allowed Harry to be led in the right direction. I look forward to the next installment of HP. Does anyone know how many books are left to be published?? :)

There is one more book, Book 7 is the last and final installament and she said she will write no more HP books afterward.

Anakin

God Emperor
Reaction score
yeah she said she's actually happy it's over...I can understand that. Writing books is more interesting than purely Harry Potter Books...I'm sure it was great to write but it gets boring if you concentrate purely on one series. George Lucas feels the same with SW.

Turambar

Harebrained
Staff member
Reaction score
bah... why'd she have to tell that?

I mean, the suspense of a plot being able to swing two totally different directions was of the sort you rarely see. I mean, even for the academic possibility Albus could have been dead, the subtle hints to a setup, including the magic enabling enacting the kill. I mean, this would have mattered only for the period between the publication of book 6 and 7. I mean, a normal reader at the pace that will customary when all books have been publised, wouldn't dream up the complicated plots and schemes involved in this. Neither will Harry; knowing JKR, she won't include these speculations in her final book...

meh... now I need the transcript of the interview. This is the biggest "thing" that happened since the MN/TLC interview. Salman Rushdie, of all people...

Mercury7674

Music House Member
Reaction score
Or maybe shes trying to throw us off.. Perhaps she's lying. :p

I don't know..it just seems really odd that she would just tell us like that...

Anakin

God Emperor
Reaction score
I dont think she is lying, but I think she wants us to think that dumbledore wont return at all in the last book...and there are several ways, possibilities that he will return.

Meteorain

Magical & Mystical
Reaction score
As I said, I have a feeling she's going to use that potrait technique as a unique method without bringing him back to avoid idea stealing :p

Turambar

Harebrained
Staff member
Reaction score
JKR moves in strange ways...

Yes, normally she's a lady who keeps her jaws shut. But when she says something about HP, it's true. She's not the type of woman to send us in the wrong direction. Normally, she'll tell where things're going when she's getting really annoid by something that's being said. I think she intended to indeed kill Albus - and got sick of the speculations that he might be alive. Please read the other interviews, you'll get the picture...

Anakin

God Emperor
Reaction score
Meteorain said:
As I said, I have a feeling she's going to use that potrait technique as a unique method without bringing him back to avoid idea stealing :p
A mentor that returns from the dead to guide his pupil is still stealing in my opinion lol.
anyway I'm not saying SW invented the idea...so I dont care if you see him appear as a ghost in bright light.

Meteorain

Magical & Mystical
Reaction score
No as in....the idea is the same, just not the method, that's what I meant.

Meteorain

Magical & Mystical
Reaction score
Well...it's hard to get around it. There's very little things that are original nowdays :p