Harry Potter Release Date Announced!

Anakin

God Emperor
Reaction score
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" by J.K. Rowling, the seventh and final book in the best-selling series, has been scheduled for release at 12:01 a.m. on July 21, 2007, it was announced today by Scholastic, the global children's publishing, education and media company.

In making the announcement, Lisa Holton, President of Scholastic Children's Books said, "We are thrilled to announce the publication date of the seventh installment in this remarkable series. We join J.K. Rowling's millions of readers -- young and old, veterans and newcomers -- in anticipating what lies ahead."

"Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince," J.K. Rowling's sixth Harry Potter book, was released on July 16, 2005, and was the fastest-selling book in history, selling 6.9 million copies in the first 24 hours. All six "Harry Potter" books, "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone," "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets," "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban," "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire," "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" and "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" have been number one bestsellers in the United States, the U.K., and around the world. There are currently over 120 million copies of the "Harry Potter" books in print in the United States alone.

Scholastic will publish "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" (ISBN: 0- 545-01022-5 ; Price: $34.99) in hardcover under the Arthur A. Levine imprint with interior and cover art by Mary GrandPre, who has illustrated the previous six books. The deluxe edition (ISBN: 0-545-02937-6; Price: $65.00) and reinforced library edition (ISBN: 0-545-02936-8 ; Price: $39.99 ) will be published simultaneously.

saiqa

Innocent evil...
Reaction score
Awesome, I'll preorder it.

Hermione Malfoy said:
Yep, me too.

Me three!
icon10.gif

Arky

Reaction score
I read the book in the original language, and found it amazing. Here in Italy, HP and the Deathly Hallows has been released TODAY! We're the last ones!!:mad:
And the book has got an awful cover too...it shows 2 persons walking inside a cemetery.

Italian Cover

Turambar

Harebrained
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, at least it's more in tone with the mood of the book, rather then the colourlfull display we've seen from the UK/Child cover for instance...

And it seems the Italians took their time translating. I've always though that the Dutch versions were severely rushed. They sincerely stink, translation-wise.

Arky

Reaction score
Bought the book. I think they did a good work translating it, but they could do it faster! XD