Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt 1 & 2

Sïalla

Reaction score
Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

I think it's a very good ideia splitting the book in two :) I hope this way they'll manage to make the films more faithfull to the book! The last was pretty weak :(

LyannaWolfBlood

Ella Dictadora
Reaction score

The Deathly Hallows trailor is [video=youtube;7HTRLRvR4Lk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HTRLRvR4Lk]out[/video]!

mysteriousuniqueen

Myst for short
Reaction score

two books, huh?

no wonder there's going to be 2 games for deathly hallows...

I also heard from my neice that the last twilight movie is going to be in 2 parts also (jacob's point of view and bella's). she's a big fan of both.

LyannaWolfBlood

Ella Dictadora
Reaction score

New trailor! [video=youtube;JCtBZCMJRI0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCtBZCMJRI0[/video]

Dani

Reaction score

I think splitting it into two movie is a good idea.
It might be more faithful the the book than the other movies.

Running Wolf

Join the Madness
Reaction score

It's a pity that they never manage to make the movies as good as the trailors...

Sïalla

Reaction score

That's a fact xD movie trailers usually turn out a lot more interesting than the actual movies, I remember beeing slightly disappointed with the latest HP movies because of it

Sidicarus

Sid Icarus
Reaction score

The movie trailer wasn't that good anyway, but I'm looking foreward to see the movie itself in a few weeks time xD

Sevi

Master of Beasts
Reaction score

**SPOILERS**

Yesterday I went to see the last Harry Potter film. I couldnt wait anymore even if I knew that this would be the end. I entered the theatre and the moment the title was on the screen I was nearly in tears. When Harry entered Hogwards and the other students cheered for him I was nearly in tears once more. When Mc Gonagal defended Harry and took over the school, I cheered out loud and made a fool of myself. When the stone statues came alive and every professor and the order of phoenix was there casting protective spells, I couldnt keep silent I wanted to start clapping and cheering. But after that the battle was a bit dissapointed. I felt it was treated like it was a bit of background noise. I wanted, I expected it to be EPIC. I wanted to see things happenning like in the book. I wanted the centaurs and the other magic creatures to enter the battle and own everything. I wanted it to be like the Lord of the rings battle, with Harry being Frodo. But instead it was all Harry and nothing more. All the other characters were a bit silent actually. Even Hermione and Ron. And in the end wth?? No cheers? Nothing?? I mean the worst wizard of all time had finally been defeded and people were chatting about how they lost their wands in the battle or whatever. Noone even paid attention to Harry. And 19 years later, it was a bit awkward and everyone only stared and oh I saw what you did there with Ginnie on the right holding her kid between her and Harry so that the camera can have a clean shot of the three. Again it would be ok if everyone werent posing by standing so still.

The books were far more filling and epic that this movie.

David Yates I blame you.

Mububban

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

**SPOILERS**

Yesterday I went to see the last Harry Potter film. I couldnt wait anymore even if I knew that this would be the end. I entered the theatre and the moment the title was on the screen I was nearly in tears. When Harry entered Hogwards and the other students cheered for him I was nearly in tears once more. When Mc Gonagal defended Harry and took over the school, I cheered out loud and made a fool of myself. When the stone statues came alive and every professor and the order of phoenix was there casting protective spells, I couldnt keep silent I wanted to start clapping and cheering. But after that the battle was a bit dissapointed. I felt it was treated like it was a bit of background noise. I wanted, I expected it to be EPIC. I wanted to see things happenning like in the book. I wanted the centaurs and the other magic creatures to enter the battle and own everything. I wanted it to be like the Lord of the rings battle, with Harry being Frodo. But instead it was all Harry and nothing more. All the other characters were a bit silent actually. Even Hermione and Ron. And in the end wth?? No cheers? Nothing?? I mean the worst wizard of all time had finally been defeded and people were chatting about how they lost their wands in the battle or whatever. Noone even paid attention to Harry. And 19 years later, it was a bit awkward and everyone only stared and oh I saw what you did there with Ginnie on the right holding her kid between her and Harry so that the camera can have a clean shot of the three. Again it would be ok if everyone werent posing by standing so still.

The books were far more filling and epic that this movie.

David Yates I blame you.

* MORE SPOILERS *
My thoughts exactly Sevi! I expected it to be EPIC! But it was kind of meh. Not having read the books, there were some really cool "yeah!" moments like Mrs Weasley defeating Bellatrix, Neville getting to stand up a go from nerd to hero etc. But Voldemort's actual death? After all that epic red vs green wand duelling, he just kind of turns into ash and floats away? Come on. Give us a payoff! Have Harry overpower him and really *push* that last blast at Voldemort. When he gets both wands in his hands, give him one final massive blast!

And yes, the other characters were kind of reduced to background filler. The deaths of leading characters wasn't handled that emotionally well either.

So I find myself enjoying all the Harry potter movies more than I did the final two. Which is sad as it kind of diminishes my overall enjoyment of the movies as a complete series.