Halo 4

Vsalia

dfm
Reaction score
I did a search and didn't seen any threads about Halo 4, so I figured I'd make my own thread.

I've played all the halos since the first one back in the day, and frankly while Halo: Reach was a large disappointment in the multiplayer area, Halo 4 has redeemed the series. There's still some quirks here and there that could be improved on or different but overall I've been thoroughly enjoying it. I haven't beaten the single player yet. I'm about half done, but it usually takes me a few months to get around to beating the single player mode on any game, since I mainly get them for the multiplayer lol.

What about you lot? Anybody here played halo 4? Opinions?

Lord Yuan

Hell Woman
Reaction score
I've only played bits and parts of the series with friends but I've always enjoyed it. I haven't played 4 myself, but I've heard other people say good things about it too. The only complaint I hear about it is people saying they thought they were done with the trilogy and they thought the story line was at a complete finish.

Still they enjoy it so I donno, kind of looking forward to playing this eventually.

OP
Vsalia

Vsalia

dfm
Reaction score
This is a new Trilogy that they're starting, taking place a few years after the end of the last. They did a good job of it I think. I love the direction that its taken lol. As a major sci-fi fan, its good stuff story wise.

Firiath

Halfling barbarian
Reaction score
So far I've played all of the Halo games - I love the trilogy, liked Reach, but in my opinion Halo 4 doesn't feel like Halo anymore. I've read a lot about the campaign being so amazing while people complain about multiplayer, whereas I liked the multiplayer so far (didn't play much, and I usually just play BTB or however it's called nowadays :D). In contrast, I considered the campaign itself as rather boring, with new stereotypical characters who lack any depth and a rather ridiculous background story.
No offense, but I was really disappointed by Halo 4. :(

OP
Vsalia

Vsalia

dfm
Reaction score
I'm one of those gamers that is super easy to please. I'm also a very relaxed player as well, and generally if I start doing bad, I tend to just try to play better instead of blaming the game. I've been reading the 343i forums, and there are so many people on there complaining about the game saying that certain weapons are broken because they die to it all the time lol. Half the time I just think 'maybe its not the game, maybe its you!'. I remember it was the same for reach as well lol.

But yah F, as far as the campaign goes, I like just because I'm easy to please, i can understand more critical people not liking it as much. The multiplayer seems halo-ish to me lol. I'm a spartan in a supersuit shooting other supersuiited dudes. That's the basics of halo :D

Anakin

God Emperor
Reaction score
Halo was always a series that was overrated imo. Lol me and Firi ended up in arguments about it, though it wasn't really serious. I gave it multiple chances, just ended up disappointed again and again, last time with Reach. My mother-in-law bought me the uber special edition... Huge box I can't even take to Belgium lol. Now with Halo 4, I must say I'm intrigued. I got to say Master Chief seems like an interested character, though I read that he's pretty one-dimensional. (Pretty ironic considering you play the game in 3-D...). Anyway I'm not sure if I'll ever get Halo 4. Maybe I'll give it a chance again since it did get really high ratings, though it's been said that the singleplayer campaign is too easy.

Firiath

Halfling barbarian
Reaction score
I'd say the singleplayer campaign isn't easier than in the games before, but I'm sure there are gamers out there who are used to CoD-like, hectic gameplay and certainly consider Halo as too easy.

I certainly won't buy the game unless I get it for 15€ or less (I'm extremely niggardly - I waited a year until I bought Skyrim just because I didn't want to pay more than 25€ for it). My brothers both have Halo 4, so every time I visit my family I can play it - which is enough, as I have more than enough other games I still need to finish at my place. :p

Anakin

God Emperor
Reaction score
Well if you think it's bad, then I guess it must be bad... Is there anyone who can convince me otherwise? lol

Kelmourne

The Savage Hippy
Reaction score
A Pirate city in international cyberspace
Penny Arcade gave it a good review. They said it was the best Halo game so far.

I think the new Halo games are gonna try and be more "serious" and "gritty", in contrast to the light-hearted originals. I liked the vibe of the originals quite a bit so I'm not sure how I'll react to it when I get it.

Dreamscaper

Royal Hamster Wrangler
Reaction score
I've only played through the first and maybe second mission in it, but I like it so far. I haven't a clue as to the story really yet so I can't really comment on it, but I like the changes that I've seen so far which is mainly the graphics and soundbite change for the assault rifle.Though is it just me or is it harder than the previous installments? A friend and I got through Legendary on 3, ODST, and Reach, but died repeatedly on Normal in 4... of course we both have been working like there's no tomorrow so we may just have gone back to the days when we called ourselves team d.i.e.s.

What didn't you like about reach multiplayer, if I may ask?