Good quality Katanas?

Kakashi

Call me Deacon Blues
Reaction score
There is a thread a lot like this from 2003, so I did look but I think a new thread will create more attention and I want a good answer and while there was a link posted I'm sure if they're good quality (they didn't really look like it)

So, I'm looking for the best possible katana i can get for around 200 dollars. Over 200 is pushing it but if it's really really good quality, I'd think about it.

Basically just a sword that lives up to the katana name without being 1000 bucks. I'm sorry this isn't very specific but tbh I don't know much about them.

RayCaptain

Comfy Posting
Reaction score
Anything worth having will probably be insanely expensive... Not saying that to deter you, but I've looked at swords before and my jaw hit the floor.

Forgotten Realms

Human Version of Drizzt
Reaction score
Emerged from the Underdark into the Light
I have to agree with Ray. You will not get any functional nor one of good quality for 200 Dollars.

I myself, earning my bread already for some time, would have not much more than to afford two functional, rather historical, ready to "real" battle swords... and I am proud of them but they were not cheap. One of them was 3.500 Marks means 7.000 Euros converted.

frogdude

Reaction score
Look into Musashi, their katanas start at around $80 and are quite usable. Obviously not in the same league as those costing thousands, but fine for a bit of cutting practice without breaking and injuring you (like the one from the infamous QVC clip). You might also find something from Paul Chen/Hanwei.