Glamdring Pommel Help!

Gnashguts

Reaction score
Hi, I have just acquired UC Glamdring. Though unfortunately the previous owner snapped off the pommel and subsequently has lost it. I guess I'm looking for another pommel. Any ideas, suggestions? Thanks

Attachments

• DSC08057.jpg
    DSC08057.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 475

Mububban

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Glamdring has a variation on a "scent stopper pommel" so if you don't have access to some metal and a belt sander to grind it to shape, there ar eplenty of places online that will sell you one for not much.

Then you need to figure out a way to fix it onto the snapped off area....if it's only ever going to be put on a wall and looked at, any superstrong glue should suffice.

If you want to wear it as a costuming piece or swing it around or, heaven forbid, spar with it (not recommended at all), you'll need to disassemble the handle, find someone with a welder, and weld on a new tail to the rat tail tang they typically use in these swords, then weld a fixing of some sort for the pommel to attach to.

OP
G

Gnashguts

Reaction score
Thanks Mububban for your info and advice! Unfortunately I don't have access to a decent workshop or I would attempt to fashion one myself. The swords are still readily available for $250 Australian dollars so in the condition that this one is in I imagine it isn't worth much. Therefore I hope that a pommel turns up somewhere cheap. I'm sure there is broken ones all over...just gotta find one. Thanks again!

OP
G

Gnashguts

Reaction score
Searching for UC1265 Glamdring Pommel

Hi,

I am looking for a Pommel to suit United Cutlery's Glamdring UC1265.
I would prefer to find another one off another broken sword. (fingers crossed)

Please contact me if your see one!

Kind regards,

Gnashguts

Ps. I cannot remember who's photo this is and I hope you don't mind. Thanks.

Attachments

• 29mcg_pommel.jpg
    29mcg_pommel.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 820
Last edited:

Mububban

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well i do have to ask....if you have a snapped pommel, but not workshop/friends who can help.....what is your plan for fixing it if you DO find a replacement pommel?

Superglue would only work if you never ever picked it up ad just hung it on the wall.

OP
G

Gnashguts

Reaction score
Wow! 11 years later and I'm almost finished. I finally pulled it all apart and for years it just sat there, but a few days before this post I welded on some threaded rod to the tang. Months ago I 3d printed a pommel and I embedded a nut in it. Now the pommel just screws onto the rod that extends from the grip. Just thought I'd update this journey. Thanks.

wanderingmagus

King Anakin's Royal Advisor, Constantly Around :D
Reaction score
Wow! 11 years later and I'm almost finished. I finally pulled it all apart and for years it just sat there, but a few days before this post I welded on some threaded rod to the tang. Months ago I 3d printed a pommel and I embedded a nut in it. Now the pommel just screws onto the rod that extends from the grip. Just thought I'd update this journey. Thanks.
Awesome! Any pictures you'd be willing to share?