Gandalf's riding sword (Isengard scene)

OP
Q

q-tip

Reaction score
It's the same thing. I play RTCW for any of you who know what that is, and it becomes ingrained in you to get pissed off if someone calls you a n00b, newbie, or any variation thereof. I may be a noob to these forums, but I am not a noob to the story. But I'm not mad anymore, so relax.

Aramir

Ranger of the North
Reaction score
anyway getting back to the topic, the sword you see on Gandalfs saddle is probably just a prop added to show he wouldnt travel unarmed, its NOT the witchkings sword, and Gandalf never served Arnor as far as im aware

NCO MOS18B

Better than you.
Reaction score
It isn't supposed to be the same thing. (RTCW? I play Counterstrike.) "Newbie" is just a fact; if you're new at the game, you're a Newbie. Like someone said, it's like calling someone "tall." "n00b" implies that the newbie in question screws up all the time and doesn't know what he's doing. Even if the person isn't new at the game, you can still call them a n00b as an insult. If you call them a Newbie, they'll politely correct you.

I'm a geek.

OP
Q

q-tip

Reaction score
Ok, but I was called "noobie," which is halfway in between.

And this thread is getting off topic for serious.

Last edited:

Shinagani

Reaction score
Aramir said:
anyway getting back to the topic, the sword you see on Gandalfs saddle is probably just a prop added to show he wouldnt travel unarmed, its NOT the witchkings sword, and Gandalf never served Arnor as far as im aware

Okay now this may clear thing up a little, or not. I've been rereading FOTR(over the break you know) and it seems that Gandalf was attacked by the Ringwraiths on Weathertop and conjured lightning to save himself. However this was supposed to be after he escaped Isengard not before, very curious. But I studied much of his riding scene(in slow motion) and I still thought it was Glamdring on the horse maybe my eye isn't as keen as some.

Elvenblademaster

Reaction score
Its not Glamdring. And when I said that I didn't want some "noobie" coming along and getting confused I did not mean you q-tip, I meant anyone who was well versed in gandalfs history. I appologize for the offense.

NCO MOS18B

Better than you.
Reaction score
They probably just re-used the prop they had for the shot where the men were holding the rings; why bother making an entirely new sword that'd only be seen for 3 frames? Sounds logical to me.