Game controversies:When do the companies overdo it?

Anakin

God Emperor
Reaction score
My friend you are 100% right.That's what I meant exactly!I think that some games are going way off-limits.And let's face it,games are not movies.Games have you actually take part in what is going on!
Yeah but who bought that game in the first place. I'm not pointing fingers here, but most action games have violence and when you buy a wargame you can expect them to get nasy, because they want an accurate depiction of the war.. And let's face it war is nasty, so if you choose to participate in it, even if it's just a game.... Expect to get nasty too.

OP
Foinikas

Foinikas

Playing backgammon!
Reaction score
Well they actually have a map where there is a slaughter in an airport and they give you the choice,since it's a FPS game,to take part in that slaughter of innocent people.That's disgusting.

Lord Yuan

Hell Woman
Reaction score
There are plenty of games that tackle the death of innocents though, like previously mentioned GTA. I don't know how many games there are that actually require you to kill the innocent though, most of the time it is a given option. Usually it is just killing masses of faceless thugs that is required.

Sparrow

Reaction score
Well they actually have a map where there is a slaughter in an airport and they give you the choice,since it's a FPS game,to take part in that slaughter of innocent people.That's disgusting.

Of course you could always choose to not play these games at all.

Since you're playing video games that glorify war, I'm wondering why that in itself doesn't disgust you?

OP
Foinikas

Foinikas

Playing backgammon!
Reaction score
Have you even understood what we are talking about here?When companies OVERDO it.
Give it a rest gramps.

Lord Yuan

Hell Woman
Reaction score
What Foin wants to know about are incidents or things you came across in gaming that you feel like were taboo or a bit much. I'm not going to doubt that most of the stuff he brings up is, but I still love games even when they are avant garde.

Sparrow

Reaction score
Have you even understood what we are talking about here?When companies OVERDO it.
Give it a rest gramps.

I think I understand completely what we're talking about.

You don't have much of a life so you fill it up by playing video games that glorify violence. On a deeper psychological level, you have very little control over reality and your relation to that reality is suspended while you play games that give you absolute control over a make believe world. Then you have the nerve to complain that some games cross the line of good taste and offend your sensibilities.

You should slow down on the video games and go out and get a girlfriend.
When was the last time you had sex with a woman, a real woman?

Lord Yuan

Hell Woman
Reaction score
Now you have to be crossing some sort of line. The number of women you **** doesn't make you more better of a person. And whenever you start doing "psychoanalysis" on people you are spouting hogwash. Judge a person entirely over their opinion on mostly insignificant things and rationalize how they are messed up, that is that is what you are doing.

Yes you can express your opinion, it is a forum but don't be so bitter and relentless about it.

OP
Foinikas

Foinikas

Playing backgammon!
Reaction score
Lol I'd reply to him but...it's useless.The guy is a joke,probably not worth turning this thread into a flame war.

Sparrow

Reaction score
If you just wanted cheap chitchat then you should have said so.

And I used to work freelance in the video game industry many years ago.
I know the type of people who ply this crap for mass consumption. They are for the most part, bereft of morals and lack even good taste. You think some of today's games push the limits?.. eh, fifteen years ago I was contributing pre-viz work ups on a game that had the participant traveling back in time to assassinate famous and infamous historical figures... including Jesus Christ.

View attachment 7759

Last edited: