Favourite Ancient Civilization?

Reaction score
My favourite ancient civilization is the Egyptian one. It is very mistic and magical, closest to the spiritual world than any other civilization and probably closest one with the aliens. I believe a lots of Atlantis items and knowledge were hidden in Egyptian temples and libraries. And the other civilization I like very much is the Persian (and it's ancestors) Again a lot of magic and spiritual knowledge :)

Oddrun

I speak languages.
Reaction score
Beg Tur to take you with him to Mexico (if he'll be going) : > If not, I'll post some pictures for you.

OP
Kelmourne

Kelmourne

The Savage Hippy
Reaction score
A Pirate city in international cyberspace
A civilisation doesn't have to be a single territory under one central government; it's a cultural distinction, not a political one. The Ancient Greeks, for example, are a civilisation, however they were likewise "a collection of independent city-states in the same region". Sumer was definitely a civilisation.

I guess that makes sense, we'd probably still be calling them Greek if they were never united (as they were a couple times).

This being said, the region of Sumer was usually controlled by Sumerians AND Akkadians, eventually being controlled entirely by the Akkadians.

OP
Kelmourne

Kelmourne

The Savage Hippy
Reaction score
A Pirate city in international cyberspace
Although I'm not sure of what you mean by "badass", Rome's empire was much more important than the macedonian/greek empire of Alexander. It lasted enough to bring socio-cultural changes to its subjecys, it has a long lasting impact, one you still feel today, one and a half millenniums later. Alexander's empire was little more than an adventure in comparison.

It did spread Greek ideas all the way to the Indus valley, probably influencing the development of those areas significantly. But yeah, not as significant as Rome.