episode 2: tag team duel, and the amazing hell in a cage

Dragn9

Sorcerer Supreme
Reaction score
The Summoning room was fairly quiet, the three second year summoners were now debating on what herbs were most effective when treating minor burns. Dragn was still sitting at a table across the room from them, vaguely listening to their discussion. He had several pieces of cloth laid out in front of him on the table. And his spell book was open and standing upright to the side.

He had finally figured out which positions each piece had to be set, in order for its magical properties to work. If prepared improperly the result would be useless. Now all that was left was the binding . He raised his hands over them and glancing back and forth between the book and pieces he spoke the incantation. Before his eyes the cloth began to move slowly at first then more rapidly as it began to mold itself together using the energy emitted from his palms.

After a few minutes the spell was completed and neatly folded upon the desk was the finished product. His shoulders slumped, his energy somewhat spent . He rose from the desk picked up the bundle and placed it into his bag. Then as he was headed out the door, he turned to the three left in the room. “Aloe...” he said, the three looked up at him, “...A mixture of aloe and lavender are the best for healing minor burns.” With that, he walked out. Now all he had to do was locate the person the uniform was meant for. The last Dragn had seen of him he had been headed towards the office, so he headed down the hall in that general direction.

As he pulled out his spellbook and made his way down the hall reading, he stopped abruptly, having bumped into someone. "Sorry" Dragn replied, "wasn't paying attention". He looked up from his book to see who he had run into, "Jnanee!" He smiled, then he frowned, "What's wrong? It seems as though you've been crying" Jnanee was a gifted summoner and was usually pretty tough, in fact he couldn't recall ever seeing her shed a tear.

"I was just on my way in that direction" He said pointing "If you have nothing better to do you could accompany me and tell me what's wrong"

Last edited:

AcrobaticHippo

Determined
Reaction score
In Turtleopia, training Elan's turtles :P
It's been a long time since I cried. This is my release.

Normally, she wouldn't have done something as emotional as breaking down in the middle of a hallway. This was different. Life was cruel to her...she had latched on to the few things she loved, and one by one, they were all torn forcefully away from her.

Her cousin. Her pet summon. Ethan. All had died painfully; claw marks decorating their bodies, thick crimson liquid gushing out of their wounds like fountains of life. Jnanee had always thought before that a slow death process was a more painful one; this challenged that shard of thought. One moment, life was there, and the next moment, it wasn't. They were all so tough warriors, and yet their lives were like candle flames in the wind...Jnanee refused to accept their deaths, point blank. It all happened so fast...why does death even happen? Fast or slow, it hurts either person really, really badly till they die...

A hard bump into her caused more tears to spill out, as if encouraging her distraughtness. Jnanee looked up, ready to scold the person if he was not ready to apologise, then stopped. It was Dragn.

"Sorry" Dragn called out, "wasn't paying attention". The lanky head of the summoning team looked down at her. "Jnanee!" he smiled. It morphed into a frown in a split second."What's wrong? It seems as though you've been crying," he asked her, concerned.

Jnanee was torn. This person could help her a lot; but was she prepared to tell him her secret? Even then, he was a nice, mature guy. He had been her mentor when she first joined the summoning team too. She could tell him... but definitely not while they were standing in the hallway.

Dragn resumed speaking."I was just on my way in that direction" He said pointing. "If you have nothing better to do you could accompany me and tell me what's wrong."
Jnanee looked up at him gratefully. "Yeah...crying isn't a very pleasant activity is it, sorry...I'll go with you," she replied, sobbing slightly.

He smiled at her as they made their way down the hallway. "I-I feel embarrassed for letting it all out in a public place," she muttered to him under her breath as they passed two freshmen.

He chuckled slightly. "It's good to let it out. Don't bottle yourself up or there'll be repeat episodes of what happened just now," he told her.

Jnanee nodded, sniffing slightly.

"Tissue?" Dragn offered, digging in his backpack.

"Yes please," Jnanee replied, aware that the only alternative was to cry on his shoulder. They were close friends so he wouldn't misread her, but she wasn't so sure about the giggling freshmen who choked up the hallways at all the worng times.

"Thank you," she told him, taking the tissue wad. She was about to raise it to her eyes when she saw some material peeking out of his bag.

"W-what's that?" she asked, pointing.

"Oh, that.." Dragn seemed a little distracted at this point. "It's a gift. For a friend."

"Oh," Jnanee smiled through her tears. " Another self-discovery, I presume?"

"Well...yeah, you could say that," he replied, pausing to see her expression. "Well, look at that! I've made you smile!"

Jnanee giggled, causing him to laugh as well. She felt a tap on her shoulder and turned to see Oddrun standing there, smiling at them.

"Hello Oddrun!" Dragn greeted her.

"Hey! I thought you went home?" Jnanee asked.

Oddrun smiled radiantly. "I decided to come back...tonight's match is going to be interesting. Dragn, no question about that...are you participating, Jnanee?"

"Me? Oh, no, I'm giving it a miss," Jnanee replied. "Sit with me at the stands tonight? It's free country, as always."

"Sure!"

"Well girls, I'm about to hand something over to someone, so I'll be seeing you all later. Remember to get front seats at the match!" Dragn told them as he left.

"Bye!" the girls called after him.

Jnanee turned to look at Oddrun. "We still have some time before the match...what do you say we chill at the library? Sounds good?"

"Sure," the other girl chirped.

Last edited:

Oddrun

I speak languages.
Reaction score
Many of Odd's friends were preparing for the tonight's match. She was very exited about that but on the other hand she felt a bit lonely, so she was really happy when she have met Jnanee and Dragn on her way. When Dragn leaved them to find someone, Jnanee said: "We still have some time before the match...what do you say we chill at the library? Sounds good?"
"Sure" - Oddrun replied. School's library was really magnificent. You could find there any book about fighting, magic, weapons and, to Oddrun's joy, a great collection of fantasy books.- "So what do you think of tonight's match? Will our fellow students do well? I'm kinda worried about Lilith and Via. I'm sure that they are great fighters but Lilith fainted today and Via seems to have some worries..."

Lillith Forbid

Returned Queen of Bondage
Reaction score
"Your guess is as good as mine to where she is. But knowing her it's either practicing or getting ready up here,"

Lillith grinned as he tapped his temple, She laughed and said " Yea well, I dont think its up there. No amount of practicing can cure Via of that" She grinned teasingly and leaned back in her chair. " Well, if she is practicing, we better go find her..." She stuck her toungue out and leaned up, clunking her two front legs of the chair down with a dull clack on the cafeteria tiles. Running her fingers through her hair, she linked IR's arms and hoisted him up, pulling him down the halls wether he wanted to or not.

" Hope you were done with that food"

OP
I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun

Midnight Demon
Reaction score
I. R. smirked as Lillith hoisted him up, "You mean I had a choice?" He knew the answer was no, but he didn't mind, it was nice not to need to be in control. They wandered through the halls for several minutes before finding Via. SHe was alone in a room I. R. had thought to be abandoned. She was going through her basic motions. Of coarse for her basic movements were much more advanced than many members of the kung fu team could follow, she was extremely fast, as well as surprisingly strong for no bigger than she was.

They looked at her for several mintues, I. R. assumed Lillith hadn't entered because she didn't want to disturb her partner while she was this focused. Either that or she wasn't sure about how Via would react if they knocked her out of that concentration. It seemed to him almost like she had left her body, and it was in a sleep walking type state, and while sleep walkers were dangerous to wake up, he'd never met one that was doing quite the moves she was. But moves like those are what made MaDnESS! one of the most feared tag-teams around, and also one of the most entertaining. "So, do we go in or..?"

Lillith Forbid

Reaction score
Lillith grinned to IR, almost positive he wouldve protested against her hoisting him up like that. But he didnt, the nice guy. Arm in arm with him as they walked down the corridor, she grinned. Aww she loved teasing IR. Wandering around the building for a few moments, they finally stumbled apon Via in a room by herself. Of course, there predictions had come true. She was practicing. In deep concentration, her frined whipped around, punching air and the like with so much skill, that Lillith almost couldnt keep up with her. Of course, as a team, they were much better.

Grinning a bit, she looked over to IR and shrugged as he asked if they should go in. " I'll go in first, so if she knocks me out, you can drag my body" sHe winked playfully and quietly entered the room. Keeping her distance a bit, Via kept practicing. Over, right, left, side, up down. Over and over. Grinning her usuall teasing grin, Lillith walked around her. The next punch, she whipped in, quick as a flash and punched her friends shoulder gently, yet enough to knock her out of her concentration.

" You were open on your right side" She grinned, skipping out of the way from her friends anger at being disrupted.

Dragn9

Sorcerer Supreme
Reaction score
Dragn and Jnanee had run into Oddrun and the two females began to talk about the matches. Dragn looking around remember he had something important to do, so he quickly bade the two goodbye.

He hurriedly made his way down the hall when he noticed Shogun standing outside a classroom. “Shogun, just the person I was looking for.” Dragn called out as he made his way to Shogun’s position. “Dragn” he replied nodding his head. “What are you doing out here?” Dragn asked, but quickly stopped as he glanced into the room and noticed Lillith and Via. “Nevermind” he knew Shogun would be preparing with the girls so he continued on.

“Well, I know the match tonight will take place in Hell in A Cage, so I have contrived something for you.” Shogun raised an eyebrow, he knew Dragn was always formulating something. Dragn rummaged around in his bag and pulled out a bundle of clothing. He then handed it to Shogun, who took in skeptically. “Here” as I.R began to turn the article of clothing around in his hands, Dragn explained. “It’s a kung fu uniform created with the cloth of the fire turtle. It will help to even the match since you are still nursing that hand of yours.” Dragn said while nodding towards I.R's wrapped hand. Shogun looked at the article in astonishment. “It will enable you to focus on your opponent and not so much on catching on fire, it will however not protect you from any physical blows.”

Dragn stopped trying to discern what Shogun’s reaction would be. He smiled and sighed. Shogun looked doubtful. “It is however up to you if you choose to wear it or not, I just gave you the option.”

Via_Amarth

Wicked Me
Reaction score
Via went through the moves over and over again, lengthening the program by adding a step or two with every time she finished the 'roll'. Her movements were fast, fluid and fierce and as the music build up to a quicker tempo, her body followed. She felt a slight disturbance in the air at her right side before she got pushed on her shoulder and she abruptly stopped and spun around to face Lillith.

Via's eyes were full of anger and her teeth were gritted in irritation. It was not, however, due to the disturbance, but she was mad at herself for not beeing able to execute the moves to perfections since she just couldn't stop shaking. That was also a reason why she had moved faster and faster, running from the vibrations the need of the drug sent through her body. Standing still now, she trembled slightly and tensed her muscles as much as she could not to let it show, but still it did, a bit.

Via took, or more of tore, out the ear-pieces from her ears but didn't shut of the mp3. She raised a eyebrow at Lil as to inquire what she had said and Lil repeated her words. "The hell I was, I just longed for you to touch me." Via replied, grinned a wicked half-smile at her friend and went over to her bag to drink some water. Via cracked her neck and turned back to face Lil. She saw that outside were I.R. and Dragn. She couldn't help but smile at the site of the red-head and covered it with taking another drink of her water.

"By the way, greetings Lillith." She stuck out her thounge at her friend and winked then she raised her voice a bit and called "Hello boys" to I.R. and Dragn and she smiled at them, a sparkle in her eyes.

OP
I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun

Midnight Demon
Reaction score
"I'll go in first, so if she knocks me out, you can drag my body" Lil winked playfully and quietly entered the room. He watched with wide eyes as Lillith dodged under Via's swing and tagged her on her right shoulder. Via spun and leered at Lillith in what I. R. guessed was surprise. This only lasted for a second however as Via quickly played this off. "The hell I was, I just longed for you to touch me." There was an interesting dynamic to those too, which he chalked up to an almost sisterly love between them.

From down the hall Dragn appeared and presented him with a uniform which he said was made of some sort of fire resistant fabric. I. R. looked over the uniform skeptically. He felt the cloth for a minute, it was unlike anything he'd ever handled. Silky, yet resiliant. “It is however up to you if you choose to wear it or not, I just gave you the option.” The material was also tough, it wouldn't tear easily. He looked back up at Dragn. "I'll think about it," he said putting it at his side. They shook hands when Via called to them.

"Hello boys," she shouted. I. R. turned and entered the room, motioning for Dragn to follow. "You really aught to start telling us when you're going to run off like that. We were really worried ya know? I mean, how would you feel if we all went to practice and didn't invite you?" This was said with a bit of sarcasm. Partly because he wasn't really upset, and partly because he had a very dry sence of humor.

Lillith Forbid

Reaction score
Lillith laughed as she skipped away from Via'sfrustration. Allthough the fristration seemed that but it was something else. Her friend was shaking greatly when Lillith came in. sHe didnt notice it then, but now she did. A look of concern washed over her face when vIa wasnet looking. Was something the matter with her? THey had a game tonight and if something was the matter, that Viawouldnt fight as well. But, that was only technically. Plish should be worried about that. Lillith was worried about her friend.Was she okay?

She probally needed the drug. Lillith shuddered at the thought of greenity. Pushing it to the back of her mind, she repeated her words to a shaking Via and grinned as she replied "The hell I was, I just longed for you to touch me." And she waggled her finger at her naughty friend, sticking her toungue out. As Via called the boys over, she opened the door to let them in. That one guy was here. Dragn, and by the look on Via's face, her friend wasobviously glad the guy had come. Lillith slunk over to IR with a knowing grin. As IR said to Via, a bit sarcastically "You really aught to start telling us when you're going to run off like that. We were really worried ya know? I mean, how would you feel if we all went to practice and didn't invite you?" Lillith drapped her arms acrossed IR's shouldersand sighed mockingly " Yea,we obviously feel left out" and to hide her grin, she buried her face in his shoulder.

OP
I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun

Midnight Demon
Reaction score
(anyone who wants to post about the transitional period between the two parts of this post feel free, also, it's first come first serve for first fight, so if you want it post it)

I. R. watched Via put on a grin at his comment, a bit to forced in his mind. He didn't comment for two reasons. First, Lillith started to lean on him again, whether it was for support because she was still wobbly, or just to make him stiffen up he wasn't sure. Second, he knew if it was that important he'd be informed about it sooner or later. Lillith sighed adding to his comment as she put her face down on his shoulder. Now he was pretty sure she was doing this to make him tense. He didn't mind though, it wasn't like this was the first time she'd done something like this. He looked at the clock, half an hour before the fights. "Time flies, we'd better get going..."
(at the arena)
I. R. felt the electricity in the air. Sempai high fighters were scheduled for at least three matches, but he figured they'd be involved in more. The three that came to mind immediately were the tag team match, MaDnESS! and some unknowns, Rosgwak would be showing his skill in a duel with someone who could apparently match him move for move, and of coarse, Hell in a Cage. He'd re-wrapped his hand since they'd arrived, he'd wrapped it as a fist so he wouldn't have to worry about it not being as solid as normal. He alsoo felt around at something tucked into his belt, part of his plan against Gan.

He sat in back just in front of the curtains so he could watch the matches and he'd still be able to make an entrance. He waited for the announcement of the first match. No doubt it'd be some challenge to all comers by some guy with more muscle than skill. He looked up at the cage that hung in the air. From where they were it just looked like it was made of chain links, but it was so much more. Every inch of the chain was modified so it would increase the pain of contact ten fold. He looked to his right, the gang was all here, fighters and nonfighters, the whole crew from Sempai was there to see what was guarunteed to be one of the most memorable fight nights in some time.

Lord_Croanan

King and Conquerer
Reaction score
Luther found a seat in the stadium and sat back. This was it, the big match, and he was pumped. He had thought about bringing those number one gloves people used at football games, but he figured that wouldn't work unless he has a higher alcohol content than .08 in him. He knew of at least two teams who would be fighting, MaDnESS! and Rosgwak, he had met the first, but had yet to introduce himself to the latter. What he would give to be down there fighting somone, and maybe shove his nails into thier shoulder blades.
"Whoops" he thought to himself, "This is a contest, not a fight to the death." His palm pilot beeped and he whipped it out. David needed him down at the concession stands, it was going to be a busy night.

Dragn9

Sorcerer Supreme
Reaction score
Dragn had followed Shogun into the room after Via had called out to them. There was a quick exchange of words and then Shogun stated, "Time flies, we'd better get going..." With that they all began to move out of the room. Dragn quickly sidestepped beside Via and whispered only loud enough for her to hear, “Good Luck on the match.” He smiled then walked out of the room after the others.

(at the arena)

Holding a bag of popcorn, Dragn stood at the top of the aisle trying to find the rest of the Sempai group. The arena was packed and the spectators were rowdy and loud, making it hard to find them. After a few minutes he spotted a few members of the summoning team, as he made his way down the aisle a large student making his way up the aisle bumped into him making him spill popcorn on to the head of an unsuspecting rival school member .

“Ahhh…my bad…I…” Dragn was about to apologize, but his eyes quickly narrowed as he noticed the student who was much larger in build and height rise from his seat with a scowl. “It was an accident” Dragn sighed, “You’re lucky it wasn’t a beverage” he added. That comment seemed to only make the big guy angrier. “I’m lucky it wasn’t a beverage?” the guy replied. He grabbed Dragn by his coat and hoisted him into the air, so that his feet tangled inches from the floor. Dragn had a frown on his face. “I don’t think you want to be doing that.” Dragn insisted. “OH really…and you’re going to be the one to stop me?” Dragn shook his head and in one swift movement he drew his sword and chopped off the hand that was holding him up. Dragn floated back to touch the floor as the big guy grabbed at the stump left at the end of his arm. He screamed in agony and charged at Dragn, "Worthless" Dragn muttered under his breath. He moved to the side and raised his sword in the air and brought the pommel down on the back of the brute's exposed head. He crumpled down on the stairs most likely unconcious.

“Maybe that was a bit much, but I wasn’t in the mood.” Dragn sighed. He then went to straighten his coat when he noticed blood. ”Aww man I just got this dry cleaned.” He placed his hand over the blood and in seconds it disappeared. He then scooped up some popcorn and placed it in his mouth and stepped over the unconcious form, as he continued down the aisle and plopped himself down beside a fellow summoner.

Dragn had studied some healing spells before coming down to the matches as well as some defensive ones, but he didn't want to waste them on fools such as the one he had just encountered, for he knew that fights would not only be happening in the ring but many would most likely break out in the crowds and he had to be prepared.

Lillith Forbid

Reaction score
Lillith grinned to IR, who she was teasing yet again, then to Via, flitting her eyes over to Dragn as they left. " Yes, time to go, matches are what I can die for" She flashed her eyes and continued out the door.

~~

Looking around, and pushing thenerves down to her stomach, Lillith was in the back of the arena, in a room where the teams can get ready.she had her whip, and her MaDnESS! outfit on. SHe couldnt see Via at the moment, so she was fighting those pre-fight nerves in her belly. Pursing her lips, she grinned as shepeeked her head out of thedoor, brown hair trailing around her shoulders. Today was going to be an awesome fight, she could feel it in her hands. THis was going to be a show. Hopefully, MaDnESS! wouldbe the first to fight. One reason would be that she could get enough time to clean herself up afterwards, if she needed to, before heading home. 2nd was that she wanted to watcha certain someone....

Grinning to herself, she opened the door slightly and sneeked out, wanting to go look for the other fighters and supporters from Sempai. And of course, look for IR, Via and someone else if they were still here. Running up to meet the others, she saw IR standing next to a curtain (ready to make a big entrance) and waved to him, the furious glint of a soon-fight in her eyes.

OP
I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun

Midnight Demon
Reaction score
(like I said, anyone who wants the first match take it, though I think Met'll probably be the one to take the spot.)

I. R. continued to look out into the crowd for awhile until he was found by Lillith in full gear. He kind of wondered where her and Via got those crazy get-ups, but in the back of his mind he knew he was probably better off not knowing. He returned her wave as she approached him, he'd since changed into the gi Dragn had given him, it wasn't quite his normal outfit, but he needed every edge in the coming battle. As she got closer he noticed the look in her eye. He knew that look from Lillith, she was as fired up as he'd been all day, this dashed any thoughts he'd had about the possibility of her and Via losing.

"I see you're ready and rearing," he started, taking a quick peek back out into the crowd, "so are they. The last people were settling into their seats, it was almost showtime and they still didn't know who was up first. It didn't matter, the first match was almost guarunteed to be a crowd pleaser, no matter what it was. This wasn't an inter school tournament, so people could really focus on the action and their favorite fighters, rather than school pride.