Does anyone play Baldurs Gate?

R

Reece56364

Steam released re - touched "enhanced editions" of both Baldurs gate 1 and Baldurs gate 2? I wondered if anyone does/ will want to play these online?

Foinikas

Playing backgammon!
Reaction score
Uber classic game.I was playing it in the early 2000s.It's just epic,it's pure AD&D with great characters,so many nice quests and dialogues.
It's sequel,was somehow even MORE epic,although I never got to finish it(I was playing Baldur's Gate 2 Shadows of Amn in 2004-2005 and stopped playing it when I got my then new PC in 2005).Its Icewind Dale series were pretty darn good too.

I have Baldur's Gate 1 in original boxed retail version with map and all the series in free DVD edition :D

Eustace

The One True Tsar
Reaction score
Loved this game, didn;t get very far on it, and nothing will ever beat Eye of the Beholder on Sega CD Ithankyou.

Retouched editions tho? Hmmm... might be worth a look...

Midnattblod

Royal Wolf of Shadow
Reaction score
I loved playing that game. I played a lot until my computer screwed up the disc and I wasn't able to install it anymore.

Meteorain

Magical & Mystical
Reaction score
Baldur's Gate is without question my favourite RPG series (contrary to my username!).

However it must be said that BG2 is vastly superior to the original. I really like the original, but the game has far too many "open and sparse" maps. BG2 is a huge step up and to me the measuring stick by which I gauge other RPG's.

GOG has some great deals for the series including their expansions. Very cheap and digitally accessible whenever you want.