Diferent thurning of the wheel

OP
holly st.Raven
Reaction score
Curious, that u have asked that. I was just about to pm you for a suggestion.

Well, if it is up to me, i'm thinking something along the lines of metro/subway, just with floating isles, and bridge-like stations.

Oh, and Dragonchasm is official. On to the next point: What should be done for dragonwall?

Unraveller

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><
Reaction score
Or you could have a network of tunnels instead of bridges...

Dragonwall? How about a line of islands in an inland sea/enormous lake?

OP
holly st.Raven
Reaction score
Humph, by the tempo we're going, I'll collect enough Ideas to start working in Six or seven months.
C'me on people! Show some will!

Unraveller

Reaction score
I think you'd get a better response if you listed some possibilities and let people choose...

OP
holly st.Raven
Reaction score
But, whats the point in asking for other's ideas, if we end up woting up on mine? I could do that home, and do it a heluva lot faster...

Crusader

Disturber of the Peace
Reaction score
well think up some general ideas and then you can use the group discussion to expand on them from basic principals to working ideas. Its no good having other people think up all the ideas for a story or you wouldnt be able to write it, you have to have some control over whats going to happen yourself or it might end up nonsensical.

Unraveller

Reaction score
Right, give us some parameters, choose what you want to change and list some categories. Then we can throw out ideas and debate the relative merits.

OP
holly st.Raven
Reaction score
Ok, Well, to tell u the truth, I kind of like the geography as it is. Maybe a few more minor changes, but that's that. And, Personaly, I dislike the idea of dragonwall isles. We have allready turned the blight into watter and isles; it would be too much.
Ok, since we breached it, what should we do 'bout the ways? Too important to drop it out, but it has to be altered. We already have my and Unravellers suggestion, but new ones are alway wellcome.
Oh, and I alter my suggestion slightly, It's basically the same, but it is in sky like atmosphere, with floating bridges with doarways at one end as stations, and some sort of controllable floating isles, that has to be driven to the right bridge. And, since they're darkened, it means constant storms in surrounding, and somesuch, and instead of Machin chin, we have something akin to a smaller wersion of Mashadar, colloured in blood read, that drains the bodies of it's wictims of any boodily liquid.

Crusader

Disturber of the Peace
Reaction score
I dunno abouot the controlable islands, but otherwise it seems fine.

As for geography, you really shouldnt keep it as it is, if theres a breaking at every turn then no turn is going to have the same geography, it should be radically different really.

Unraveller

Reaction score
Again I've gotta agree with Crusader, if you're gonna have a Breaking then the landscape's gonna be dramitically different. Remember when they're leaving the Waste and they see the docks on the side of a mountain? That's a thought, how about the New Breaking returning the land to its approximate condition before the First Breaking?

OP
holly st.Raven
Reaction score
how about the New Breaking returning the land to its approximate condition before the First Breaking?
Sarcasam intended:

And that would be...?

I have no intention of being rude, but, please think carefully of u're suggestion; We have practically and theoretically no idea of how the breaking went.
And, I said more than once, that it is up to others to shape up this new turning. I personally wouldn't change much geography, but that's only because I'm too lazy to think it up.
So, I repeat my plea: Please, people, offer me u're ideas. Noone will ridicule you, no one will judge you, give u're contribution!

Last edited:

Crusader

Disturber of the Peace
Reaction score
Actually there are a lot of clues to how the land looked ebfore the breaking, there was a coast along where two rivers is now, hence the sand hills. andother at the spine of the world because of the docks unraveller mentioned, and also shayol ghul was a kind of island i believe.

OP
holly st.Raven
Reaction score
But, how do we know it wasn't just some part of the breaking? Remember, it lasted for near century, with both calm and active periods.

Unraveller

Reaction score
Well you're the one who's coming over all creative, why not try to reconstruct it? :p

But if there's a Taint then there's gotta be a Breaking, cause and effect...