Baldur's Gate 2: Multiplayer

Meteorain

Magical & Mystical
Reaction score
Right so due to my lack of internet at the new house I moved into I resorted in playing one my older games and recently finished it. As you might expect that game is Baldur's Gate 2.

Amazing game.

Yet even though I've finished it I feel like playing it again but with a different class this time, but I was also hoping to play with other people (it's so much more fun when you play with friends).

Right so this is what I am putting forward just to see what it get's me. I'm looking for 5 other players (max - since a party can only hold 6) to play through the game with me.

I only ask that you actually enjoy this sort of game to play it all the way through with other people. Those of you have played this game or similar games are more than welcome, and even new people are fine since it's all about the exploring.

Anyway for now, that's all I have to say since I just want to see if people are interested.

One more note, be sure to have access to either skype or ventrilo as it's easier to play whilst communicating this way :D

P.S. For those of you who don't have the game, you can buy it for fairly cheap nowdays anyway or just download it <_<

P.S.S Timezones aren't such a bother for me either since I'm at uni and playing at odd hours of the day is what students should be doing (if they are not out drinking!)

Last edited:

Overread

Wolfing it up!
Staff member
Reaction score
ahh this sounds like agreat idea! but sadly I can't take part :(
For some reason BG2 does not like my computer at present and it screenflickrs like mad - I should really see to sorting it out at some point but havn't had the time (the other downside). Hope you can get a group together - for any reading this and wondering BG2 seriously is a fantastic RP game and its well worth getting (its only like £/$5 in shops with BG1 and expansions)

OP
Meteorain

Meteorain

Magical & Mystical
Reaction score
I doubt it will happen any time soon, but you should be able to get that problem sorted out in time. It doesn't sound like a major problem.

I googled your problem and it seems there are few easy fixes. Go have a look for yourself. IS the flickering present all the time or just some of the time?

Anyway I'll leave you to it.

AlphaAlex

Official Forum Nuisance
Reaction score
I used to only play BG2 multiplayer back in the day. Unfortunatley it no work on my pc either. Someone told me its a vista and nvidia thing but I doubt that. It wont even load for me.

Sneakybolt

Melereb
Reaction score
Unfortunatly that's onw of the games my bro called dibs on when he went to college, so I can't play either

Overread

Wolfing it up!
Staff member
Reaction score
I used to only play BG2 multiplayer back in the day. Unfortunatley it no work on my pc either. Someone told me its a vista and nvidia thing but I doubt that. It wont even load for me.

figures those would be the two culprits! It loads for me, but I seriously can't play with the flicker. I'll take a look at all the compatabiltiy modes and tweaking the graphics settings too and see if any of that makes a difference. If not and if there is not netfix then -- well - guess I might have to wait for a computer upgrade to Win7 or for GoG to get (and fix) the game

AlphaAlex

Official Forum Nuisance
Reaction score
Get win7.

hey I just remembered I have an old pentium III 600 mhz in my spare room.. I could crank up that old beast :p

OP
Meteorain

Meteorain

Magical & Mystical
Reaction score
I run it on Vista. No problems.

I just jacked up all the graphics settings and turned on the 3d mode. It works fine for me. The game is old enough for even my laptop to run it "full spec" lol

Gah damn you people. Just get new copies or fix your minor problems >_<

AlphaAlex

Official Forum Nuisance
Reaction score
I tried that. I've got twin 8800gt in sli and it no like. :p

tried new drivers, updated vista everything. it just doesn't support my graphics

but, im up to playing this game so i can play it on my old dinosaur.

OP
Meteorain

Meteorain

Magical & Mystical
Reaction score
The game shouldn't be supporting your graphics, your computer should be doing it. Hell with what you got it SHOULD be playing it >_<

I've never encountered a problem such as a game being too old to support :S

AlphaAlex

Official Forum Nuisance
Reaction score
yeah me neither but its the same with neverwinter nights 1, those are the only two my comp wont run... odd huh?

OP
Meteorain

Meteorain

Magical & Mystical
Reaction score
Yea that's odd.

Man I'm so wanting to play this game hat I've aready pre-generated some chars. Might aswell start now since it takes forever to dice-roll 18/00 str and get good stats overall :p

The only lame thing is I cannot find my copy of ToB :(

AlphaAlex

Official Forum Nuisance
Reaction score
oh im hyped for it mate. let me see if my wireless will work on an old win98 machine.

or i could try running on this machine again.. yes let me try that first

AlphaAlex

Official Forum Nuisance
Reaction score
need to install, ill let you know. I need an excuse to stay up all night so i can get out of fixing a mates van tomorrow :p