Automatic photo editing software - recommendations

Mububban

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
For years I’ve had a program that came with an old HP printer (HP Director) that allows you to load photos for editing, and with one click of the Auto button, it’ll adjust your brightness, contrast and colours with 90% “good enough” results. I then manually tweak the ones I think still need it.

However, it only runs on 32 bit Windows 7, not 64 bit, and upgrading to Windows 10 killed the program (I’ve since rolled back). Compatibility mode doesn’t work. So it won’t run on any future computer I purchase when my old ones finally die.

Does anyone know of any other “one click” programs that can make pretty good adjustments automatically? I don’t want to have to edit individual levels for each photos if I’m taking dozens or hundreds of them.

I’m after recommendations of software that you use yourself and are happy with. Freeware or Lite versions would be appreciated.

Edit - Windows is preferred but Mac recommendations are also appreciated.

Last edited:

Sparrow

Reaction score
Try Movavi Photo Editor.
Like Alex, I use Photoshop at work... but at home for personal use, Movavi is pretty good for batch processing photos. I also use Pixelmator, but it's a bit cumbersome.

Richard Falken

The Best Epic Literature Ever Written.
Reaction score
I use The Gimp myself. It is a very Linux and BSD centric software, though. Most Linux distributions come with it by default, but last time I checked, installing it on Widows was a bit messy.

Pinkduckie

Reaction score
I use The Gimp myself. It is a very Linux and BSD centric software, though. Most Linux distributions come with it by default, but last time I checked, installing it on Widows was a bit messy.
Meaning it'll run fine on mac but not on windows :)

Overread

Wolfing it up!
Staff member
Reaction score
You know that Photoshop Lightroom would do what you want though its not free. However you can get it and full photoshop for somewhere around £/$10 ish a month from adobe now. Might be a prudent choice if you're doing at a lot of photos.