Another Short Survey...

Unraveller

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><
Reaction score
Since the first one went down well I'll post another.

1.How did you get into the Wheel of Time? Was it recommended? Did you just pick one up and start reading?

2.Who is your favourite character? Why?

3.Close second? Why?

4.Who MUST DIE!!! Why?

5.Who would you like to see mildly unpleasant things happen to? Why?

6.What one thing would you most like to happen in the rest of the series?

7.Have you started to twist the truth like an Aes Sedai since reading WOT?

My answers:

1.My favourite book shop gave me a free copy of the first few chapters of TEOTW. I put it aside and finally read it when I had nothing else I wanted to read. Three months later I'd finished all the books published at that point and was waiting for the next one. Feels like I've been waiting since. Should've paced myself huh?

2.Perrin, he's most like me.

3.Mat, he's who I wanted to be when I was younger.

4.Nynaeve (no, not you, in the books!). She annoys me. Seriously. I'm re-reading TFOH at the moment and that's when she's at her worst. She's ok later on.

5.Elayne. Same reasons but she's not as bad. But there's too much about clothes and baths when she's around.

6.Perrin and Mat lead the Forces of Light at TG and massacre loads of Shadowspawn.

7.Why do you ask?:devilspin

Nienor

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
1.How did you get into the Wheel of Time? Was it recommended? Did you just pick one up and start reading?
Radagast recommended it. :)

Lanfear. :devilspin

3.Close second? Why?
Morraine. One of the few Aes Sedai who aren't annoying.

4.Who MUST DIE!!! Why?
Elaida. She needs the operation to remove the stick in her umm.. posterior.

Siuan. Her attitude is annoying. Prolly needs the same operation.

Rand to win at TG.

eh. I've been doing that for years. :halo:

kartaron

Hunter / Gatherer
Reaction score
1.How did you get into the Wheel of Time? Was it recommended? Did you just pick one up and start reading? Recomended by a friend who thinks they are better than LOTR. I think he is on crack but the books are good.

2.Who is your favourite character? Why? Perrin... I like the balance between angst and determination

3.Close second? Why? Rand, fun character to read, pathetic in social situations

4.Who MUST DIE!!! Why? The evil Aiel, the black ajah, that sneaky mug in the exiled sedai camp.
5.Who would you like to see mildly unpleasant things happen to? Why? Anybody hanging around not doing anything for the last few books

6.What one thing would you most like to happen in the rest of the series? Perrin take out his frustrations on thousands of evil Aiel

7.Have you started to twist the truth like an Aes Sedai since reading WOT? eh? Not me

Nynaeve

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><
Reaction score
Unraveller said:
4.Nynaeve (no, not you, in the books!). She annoys me. Seriously. I'm re-reading TFOH at the moment and that's when she's at her worst. She's ok later on.

LOL! THanks for clearing it up, but I wouldn't think you wanted me killed off!

One of my hubbys good friends from work suggested then to me and let me borrow his whole series to read. I then got him hooked on Harry Potter, hehe.

I like Nynaeve (duh :)) and Lan. I like Nynaeve's attitude, though it can be annoying, she's not whiny like Elayne

3.Close second? Why?
I like Perrin because of his ability to talk to wolves, but Faile drives me nuts.

4.Who MUST DIE!!! Why?
Slayer and Elaida. Slayer is a big problem, and he kills wolves :( . Elaida has a stick up her " posterior" LIke Nik said.

Gawyn. Can't stand to listen to him whine about Rand anymore

Seeing Rand kick butt at TG.

No, I'm a good honest person. :halo: Can't lie to the hubby!

Crusader

Disturber of the Peace
Reaction score
1.How did you get into the Wheel of Time? Was it recommended? Did you just pick one up and start reading? Okay i read mild praise on this very forum and hadnt picked up a book since finishing animal farm, throw in some boredom and BOOM, there I was.

2.Who is your favourite character? Why? Perrin, he is a well balanced character and the wolf stuff is always cool

3.Close second? Why? Mat, His attitude to life and his hyjinx provide a nice balance while everyone else is being boring

4.Who MUST DIE!!! Why? The Dark One, duh!

5.Who would you like to see mildly unpleasant things happen to? Why? The entire red Ajah, they all have a proverbial stick up their.......behind.

6.What one thing would you most like to happen in the rest of the series? Lots of battles, and bictory for the forces of light

7.Have you started to twist the truth like an Aes Sedai since reading WOT? Of course not, but thanks for the idea.

doleniel

Elven High Priestess
Reaction score
surrounded by idiots with no hope of escape
1.How did you get into the Wheel of Time? Was it recommended? Did you just pick one up and start reading? My parents are into fantasy and stuff, and they have most of the books. I was bored and had nothing to read one day, so I asked if I could read EotW

2.Who is your favourite character? Why? Perrin. He's just so likeable!

3.Close second? Why? not sure. I do like Thom, though. He just seems cool.

4.Who MUST DIE!!! Why? Elaida. She is just so stuck up and also relatively clueless.

5.Who would you like to see mildly unpleasant things happen to? Why? Galad. He's too much of a goody-goody.

6.What one thing would you most like to happen in the rest of the series? I'm not sure what exactly I want to happen, but I am interested in seeing how the situation with the Seanchan plays out.

7.Have you started to twist the truth like an Aes Sedai since reading WOT? I actually did that a bit before I started reading WOT. Good technique for practicing homework avoidance :rolleyes:

Loki the Demon

"Belgium, Man!"
Reaction score
1.How did you get into the Wheel of Time? Was it recommended? Did you just pick one up and start reading? It was recommended. But I'd seen the books in bookshops previously and they looked interesting

2.Who is your favourite character? Why? Matt. Because he likes having fun and doesn't take everything as seriously as the others.

3.Close second? Why? Lan. Or possibly Rand. Maybe because Lan is the opposite of Matt, and cause he totally kicks arse.

4.Who MUST DIE!!! Why? All the Forsaken. And all the trecherous leeches in the black agah- or the treacherous ashamen like Taim

5.Who would you like to see mildly unpleasant things happen to? Why? Elaid. She's a total bitch, but she probably doesn't deserve to die. At least i'm pretty certain she isn't in league with the dark one.

6.What one thing would you most like to happen in the rest of the series? How bout it get's moved along nice and quickly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7.Have you started to twist the truth like an Aes Sedai since reading WOT? No, can't say i have.

Radagast

Art House Member
Reaction score
1.How did you get into the Wheel of Time? Was it recommended? Did you just pick one up and start reading? Saw it mentioned by many members at Fanspot and other forums as a good read.

2.Who is your favourite character? Why? Definately Mat. Because he loves to have a good time, and isn't afraid to do what he wants.

3.Close second? Why? Hmm. Min is pretty cool, the only real likable female in the series. Lan another good choice too.

4.Who MUST DIE!!! Why? Elaida. Do I need to explain why?

5.Who would you like to see mildly unpleasant things happen to? Why? Cadsuane! I know she's crucial to Rand, and she's a decent character, but I hate how she treats Rand.

6.What one thing would you most like to happen in the rest of the series? I would love to see Moiraine come back, which should happen. Also would love to see Logain kick Taim around.

7.Have you started to twist the truth like an Aes Sedai since reading WOT? Not really, nope.

Elan Morin Tedronai

The Forsaken
Reaction score
1.How did you get into the Wheel of Time? Was it recommended? Did you just pick one up and start reading? I just picked it up one day, never heard of it before that, guess it was fate.

2.Who is your favourite character? Rand, cuz he's the ultra-cool Dragon Reborn

3.Close second? Why? Ishamael/Moridin. because I love the Forsaken they are so awesome, and he's my favourite, hence the username.

4.Who MUST DIE!!! Why? Elaida. Shes a bitch.

5.Who would you like to see mildly unpleasant things happen to? Why? The Shaido.

6.What one thing would you most like to happen in the rest of the series? A huge One Power battle with the Forsaken, Rand surviving Tarmon Gaidon, and Logain kick Taim's butt.

7.Have you started to twist the truth like an Aes Sedai since reading WOT? No. Thats just dumb.

evenstar

Lady of the Night
Reaction score
I was bored and wanted some new fantasy books to read and saw it recommended on this forum so I decided to start reading it and see if I liked it.

Nynaeve, because she reminds me of myself when I'm angry/upset :vmad: (and sometimes when I'm not too). And yes she can be annoying at times but I still find her less annoying than a lot of other characters.

3.Close second? Why?
Either Lan or Birgitte, or maybe Min.

4.Who MUST DIE!!! Why?
Taim, Padan Fain(Mordeth) and the Dark One of course.

5.Who would you like to see mildly unpleasant things happen to? Why? Gawyn - he was fine in the beginning but now he's obsessed with getting Rand back for "killing" his mother; and Egwene - she just irritates me sometimes.

6.What one thing would you most like to happen in the rest of the series? Rand to win the last battle and live, also I'd like Moiraine to return.

7.Have you started to twist the truth like an Aes Sedai since reading WOT? I already did do that once in awhile.

Turin

Valar Morghulis
Reaction score

I heard about it through the boards, then I found a copy of EotW in a discount book store.

2.Who is your favourite character? Why? Rand, perhaps Lan. Rand because he fights a great inner struggle while kicking butt on the outside as well. And Lan, well, he's about the most awesome warrior to ever walk out of a book. :D

3.Close second? Why? Davram Bashere, he's just a cool guy, and borderlanders are awesome.

4.Who MUST DIE!!! Why? The Seanchan Empress, just 'cuz they annoy me.

5.Who would you like to see mildly unpleasant things happen to? Why? Elaida, because she's not good enough for a good clean death. ;)
6.What one thing would you most like to happen in the rest of the series? I'd like to see 1) Lan fight Slayer, and 2) Rand turn into some huge dragon to fight the DO. he he

7.Have you started to twist the truth like an Aes Sedai since reading WOT? absolutely not!!

The Hound

The Everlasting Scream
Reaction score
An old friend had been reading the series for quite some time, I saw book 1 in a store and picked it up, was hooked since.
Hmm it switches alot while I'm reading but strangely I would say my favorite is Aram. I just like how much of a walking contradiction he is.
3.Close second? Why?
Thom,Perrin, or Lan, just all around interesting characters.
4.Who MUST DIE!!! Why?
Rand obviously, it's in the prophecies. ^_^
Egwene, she can be quite the annoying one at times. But I guess she is in a mildy unpleasent spot as we speak anyway.
Three hints: snakes and foxes, the tower, Moiraine.
Some would say that I haven't. ^_^

Demandred

Forsaken
Reaction score
Since the first one went down well I'll post another.

Sister Got Me It for Christmas, it collected dust till the summer at which point i read the first 100 pages and have only recently stopped reading :D

Rand, Cause the odds are always stacked against him but he somehow manages to do ok

3.Close second? Why?
Lan, cause he's the most dangerous person in RandLand bar none

4.Who MUST DIE!!! Why?
Mazrim Taim, cause it'll make for a cool battle between him and Logain
Gawyn, cause he annoys me
its not one thing, tis serveal. Rand getting better and whooping Moridin, Demandred, Shaidar Haran and anyone else who wants to stand in his way, Logain whooping Taim, Galad returning... etc etc i could go on.
nope

Vandral

Dark One Reborn
Reaction score

3.Close second? Why?

4.Who MUST DIE!!! Why?

1. I started reading the Wheel of Time after reading you guys (the Forum) talking about how awesome it was...... and how right you were.

2. My favourite character is Mat.... I really like his brash cocky attitude, his ability to get himself out of any trouble he's in, and his parenting skills when raising Olver.... heh.

3. My second favourite character is Taim.... he's self assured cocky attitude is something I can relate to.

4. I have a long, long list of people who must die. Rand, because it was prophicized, and because he's getting really whiny, but from the bad guys, I want to see Sevanna kick the bucket because she's a nasty (expletive deleted).

5. I'd like to see Elaida overthrown, because she's kinda've.... deserving.

6. There are two things I'd like to see: Elaida being overthrown, and how Logain gets to be as glorious as Min saw he would be.

7. I twisted the truth before reading WOT, but that's because my favourite fantasy character is Raistlin, and I was told I was similar to him before I even picked up a Dragonlance novel.

Reaction score
When it came, it was the first fantasy novel in local library that I Haven't already devoured
Mat of course, because, although his cocky attitude, he seams to be the most honest, honourable and trustworhy of all the lightsiders. Moridin/Ishy on the darkside- 'cause he is briliant and completly and uterly insane.
:devilbat:
3.Close second? Why?
Soreila, In diference to 99% of the rest females, she is not overly arogant, just certain of her strenghts, and she is not Aes Sedai.
4.Who MUST DIE!!! Why?
Jordan, he is taking to long to write a sequel ^_^, seriously, Elaida, resons are well known

The lists goes on & on... But it begins with Egwene and Gawyn
Though one, hm... Well, I'd like for male characters to get sick of the female arogance ('specialy Aes-sedai arrogance) and deall with it, by force if necesary

I wouldn't say that I do