American History

bookworm

Reaction score
Not really the only world power. Watch out for China and beware.

We're nowhere near the depths that we were in in the great depression. And it seems very unlikely that it will ever be fixed...where will all the money come from.

And no, they weren't always ****ed. Western intervention and exacerbated and prolonged issue that should have been self contained and over quickly.

OP
Kakashi

Kakashi

Call me Deacon Blues
Reaction score
China is held back by so many strings. I don't think they'll become a true power anytime soon. Good point, though.

If we curb spending, we can do it.

but to blame the US is ludicrous. I'm sure we had a hand but.. blame the Soviets. And the religious fanatics.

bookworm

Reaction score
What strings? They are in fact held back by less than you...they don't treat workers with the proper rights they deserve, they don't have the same issues as western countries. They will be a true power very soon.

*raises eyebrows* If you say so...

I do blame the US. Many instances the Soviets were responding to things the US had started. We can trace many things back to the end of WWII where the US had a big say in what would eventually lead to ****ing things up.

Raff the Sweetling

Threadkiller
Reaction score
That whole "America has a short history" talk is pretty relevent being the middle east has been f'd up and warring since waaaaaayyyyyyyyy before we were founded. We surely dont help the situation, but saying anything we did "lead" to things bein F'd up is rediculous. (besides the founding of Israel) If we walked away from there today, and Israel was dissolved, do you think the middle east would be peacefull?

OP
Kakashi

Kakashi

Call me Deacon Blues
Reaction score
But we founded Israel along with most of the other allied powers who felt bad for the jews.

We still support it, which creates problems, because sometimes it is blind support.

Raff the Sweetling

Threadkiller
Reaction score
I agree, the founding of Isreal was a major catlyst in alot of the issues there today. But they had issues way before we helped out with that. I blame Australia.

jake1964

Old enough to be your dad
Reaction score
Compared to Europe, yeah, it's kinda short. And Australia's not boring, per se. Just even shorter than America.

Um...who's currently in $1 trillion debt, has single-handedly ****ed up the middle east and is now losing power and influence in the world? That's right, America.

1 trillion is just the current year's "spending deficit". (Our government's terminology. Not mine)

Our total debt is closer to 11 trillion.

If you're gonna insult us, at least get the numbers right. ;)

Last edited:

bookworm

Reaction score
That whole "America has a short history" talk is pretty relevent being the middle east has been f'd up and warring since waaaaaayyyyyyyyy before we were founded. We surely dont help the situation, but saying anything we did "lead" to things bein F'd up is rediculous. (besides the founding of Israel) If we walked away from there today, and Israel was dissolved, do you think the middle east would be peacefull?

You can't just ignore that. It's been a very important factor for the prolonging and escalation of issues.

1 trillion is just the current year's "spending deficit". (Our government's terminology. Not mine)

Our total debt is closer to 11 trillion.

If you're gonna insult us, at least get the numbers right. ;)

Oops, my mistake. Only knew that number because someone had written it in another thread...

Either way, you're still f*cked :p

jake1964

Reaction score
Nah, The government has got it figured out.

We're in trouble because we spent money we didn't have.

We're gonna fix it by spending our way out of debt. ;)

jake1964

Reaction score
What?

That doesn't make sense to you?

It didn't really make sense to me either. But what do I know?

I'm just a dumb ol' country boy who thinks you shouldn't spend what you don't have.

bookworm

Reaction score
No, no. The "whoo! go you!" was very sarcastic. I am agreeing with the sentiment that perhaps trying to spend much more than you have is not the best course of action.