Zulu Wars

Discussion in 'Every Day Debating' started by byzantine warrior, Mar 4, 2004.

1. byzantine warrior

byzantine warrior Autokratos Konstantinou

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Do you gyys think this was a nesscery war?

2. Elvenblademaster

Elvenblademaster New Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Um never heard of it buddy, maybe by the time I finish world ciz 2 I will have some knowledge of it...

3. byzantine warrior

byzantine warrior Autokratos Konstantinou

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    The zulu wars were fought by the zulu tribe of south africa and english and boar settelers. The zulu tribe was attacking english soldiers because they setteled in the zulu empire the english fought the zulu and won and now there no more zulus around

4. Turambar

Turambar Harebrained Staff Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Well... It is a classic war. I think they can be compared best with the native american conflicts about 150 years ago. That's how europeans thought in those days. Nessecary? maybe not, English people belong in England. But they were on a roll in those days, trying to conquer the world, looking for resources. Surely in these days nobody would approve of such an action. But then again, those were different times.
    I won't say these wars were fair; the English used guns of some kind, but then again, the Zulus won one battle, at bloodriver if I am not mistaken.

What I don't like about that war is that the 1950 government of South Africa used this war to spark the apartheid regime. In these days they built a memorial in Pretoria to commemorate the victory over the Zulus.

Oh and by the way... Althoug many zulus were slaughtered, they still exist. They live primeraly in the province of Kwazulu-Natal, their earlier homeland.