Zork

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Tavar Dresden, May 7, 2016.

1. Tavar Dresden

Tavar Dresden Mortal Champion of the Unseelie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Just a thread to enjoy discussing the Zork games. I understand many don't know about them. They are text based adventure games from the 1980's. You can play the trilogy here: Classic Zork Trilogy

2. Herald Of Woe

Herald Of Woe Scourge of the seven seas

Ratings:
    +211 / 2 / -0
    I love Zork

3. Firiath

Firiath Halfling barbarian

Ratings:
    +790 / 5 / -0
    I had never heard of it before and thought the name Zork sounded super cheesy, but I was curious about it so I clicked the link and gave the game a try. It's really fun, but also quite difficult if you're used to visual aids in games.

Also, when you read "the path heads north-south here"... Look, I know my sense of direction is horrible, so stop making fun of me, game. :p

4. Sparrow

Sparrow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +251 / 3 / -1
    All it means is that the path runs north-to-south, or south-to-north.
    They also came out with a visual interactive game for your computer, I think it was the early 1990s. It's called Return to Zork. There's a lot of humor, most of it kind of lame.o_O

5. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    I played Sierra's adventure games, which had a similar way of working like Zork. You had to type in what you wanted to do with the first King's Quest games and Space Quest games. Though you did have visual aid, albeit very limited, since it was very poor quality compared to what games look like today. I only moved to Zork after playing a few of these games, as I was a noob back then in these games. And being that young it bothered me that I didn't have any visual aid. Despite being so poor looking, it was still a luxury compared to having nothing like with Zork. It's only later when I became older that I gained more respect for games like Zork. I'm sure that if played Zork first before the Sierra adventure games, I would have had a lot more fun with it from the start.