Zelda Wii

Discussion in 'Zelda' started by stevenlink1, May 18, 2006.

1. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Well I have one more exam on friday, and after that 3 projects due midweek everyweek henceforth. i reckon if i can get the first one (shortish) done at the weekend and a start on the next, I'll go home to bag my wii after the first deadline.

2. stevenlink1

stevenlink1 Knight of Hyrule

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Maybe you're just that good. In all seriousness though, the enemies get much more difficult to defeat as you go through the game. But for the hidden techniques that you periodically learn, I don't know how I ever would have mastered such foes.

3. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    Zelda bosses are easy as long as you know what to do..... You just have to figure out the events that happen, how you can use them to your advantage etc..... But I still enjoy them....... I hate bosses than go on for hours and hours of repeating the same old thing over and over..... That what I never liked about Final Fantasy games.

4. stevenlink1

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I just really liked how inventive all the bosses were. It wasn't your typical stun and slash, stun and slash, etc... But you usually had something to do that was not only creative, but also very fun as well like with the boss you defeat in the last temple (giving you the fourth piece of the mirror of twilight). Some of the enemies were also difficult though, like the armored knights that you fight.

5. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    can we please have some SPOILER WARNINGS folks...............please!

6. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    Indeed :S

As I said elsewhere on the forum, Im now on my question to complete all collections. I have all heart pieces, all bug collection.... But I have just 3 more Poe Souls to collect. Then I'll be happy lol

7. Lady_of_Shalott

Lady_of_Shalott Weaving the Magic Web

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    ***POSSIBLE SPOILER FOR PEOPLE WHO JUST DON'T WANT TO KNOW ANYTHING AT ALL***

(Crusader you should be fine since you've reached the desert. That's about as far as I am.)

As I was trotting around the desert today, I was noticing that the place reminded me a lot of what I picture the places in the novel "Dune" by Frank Herbert looking like. And when those little bug things started jumping out of the sand it just re-enforced it. Way cool.

Also, I have a question. You know there's that little place up near the Zora's where you can rent the boats? (Also near the fishing hole.) Whenever I walk over there as Link those nasty twilight creatures pop up. I was glad, because after defeating them I could get another warp portal, but I can't seem to defeat them as Link, and Midna won't let me change into a wolf. I've tried wandering around there as a wolf, but the creatures never show up. :confused:

8. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmm, Im not sure what the problem is there. I remember defeating them always as a wolf as far as I'm concerned. Are you at a stage where Midna lets you usually change into a wolf whenever you want yet? Cause perhaps that's why I was alright with it, because I had the option

9. stevenlink1

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    SPOILER WARNING!

Defeating them with link is difficult, but far from impossible. First, kill all but two of them with standard attacks. Then, as the last two draw very near to you, use your spin attack. Two successful spin attacks or so should kill them at the same time. This took me a couple of tries at first, but you might want to have at it.

10. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    yep, spin works for me too, its obviously harder as normal link, but you have your shield to block and numerous combos, so even if you dont get it right first, the fight should have mor elongevity than wolf ones.

Hopefulyl I can resume zelda next week............hopefully.

11. Lady_of_Shalott

Lady_of_Shalott Weaving the Magic Web

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    Ahhh... the spin attack. Duh. The helm splitter was working pretty effectively, and it sure looked like I had them both at once, but one of them would always start hollering and bringing the others back. I'll give it a go once I'm out of the desert area.

12. stevenlink1

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    SPOILER WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In fact, I often find that even with the wolf, it is easier to kill all but two of the shadow beasts first, and then hitting the rest. Tell me if it works out for you.

By the way, does anyone know of a theory that explains how Twilight Princess fits into the Zelda timeline?

13. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    Its set just over a hundred years after OoT as far as I'm aware and of course hundreds of years before WW. Theories? Well re-incarnation seems very obvious. The spirit of each triforce shard being reborn again and again

14. stevenlink1

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    HUGE SPOILER WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT JOKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED TWILIGHT PRINCESS, GO NO FURTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait, are you insinuating that the Ganondorf in this installment is not the original one, but a descendant of his? If not, I'm wondering how Ganondorf escaped the realm into which he was banished at the end of OoT.

15. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    SPOILER

It explains that in Wind Waker, that he was able to be locked away for a time but not forever

16. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    I saw a nice touch in the timeline in TP, not finished it yet though.

sort of spoilers:

Well as most people know, OoT was a prequel to Alink to the past, the SNES game, putting twilight princess between them

In Oot the master sword is housed in the temple of time. In A link to the past its on a pedistal in the lost woods.

Now we have TP, and the master sword is in the ruins of the temple of time, with the lost woods growing in around it.......I liked that touch.

17. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Wow...you sure are slow at killing bosses then. Last boss last 40mins maximum, and they are never the same form, don't perform the same moves, interact, etc.

In OoT, the last boss battle consisted of playing a ping-pong game with Ganon <_<

18. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    secodn to last,t he last one was the giant monster battle, classic ganon............To this day the transformation scene is one of my gfavourite ingame cutscenes.

19. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    I was exageratting incase you didn't grasp that ;)

What my point was concerning Final Fantasy was that the bosses are boring, hence why their completion doesnt feel victorious.

But with Zelda, doesnt take long at all if you know what to do.

SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The final Ganon fight, as in from the Zelda puppet to the end, only took half an hour to 45 mins. But that's cause it was easy to determine what the solution was as Zelda ideas are often brought back. Especially concerning the Lake Temple boss, was so similar to the Water Temple from Ocarina, could barely beleive it.

20. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    SPOILERS

except for the last bit of course, the fighting the giant eel......that was new.

Thats another thing i liked, from that boss and the dragon one, grabbing on for dear life and hacking at the damn thing. I was sitting there shaking the remote and shouting "DIE DIE DE" both times. I really liked the dragon one since it reminded me of the opening to two towers with gandalf and the balrog.

Anyway so I've done it, finished at last and I think tis a great game, plays well, looks really nice and is nice and lengthy, although the story could have been developed a bit more it was still one of my favourites.

Also, I think the ganon character design was really really good, I just think he looked really badass with the gold headress thing and his armour etc, a perfect blent between the oot and WW character designs with a few little touches.