Zelda Fanfiction: The Last of the Gerudo

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by olivia_the_lamb, Nov 27, 2012.

1. olivia_the_lamb

olivia_the_lamb Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +165 / 0 / -0
    Nirila stared out into the vast desert that used to belong to her people. Now it was a barren wasteland and her people were believed to be extinct by the rest of the Hyrulians. Their last king turned to darkness and trapped in Twilight, only one more male had and female had been born before his demise; Nirila and her brother, Garito. The other women were too old to have children, and Garito was still a child in the eyes of the tribe. The Gerudo had disappeared to let their race die out in peace. There were eight elder women left, making the tribe a staggering number of ten.

Now the young Gerudo woman was far away from her brother and everyone else, hiding away and content with death. Nirila was not content to let her people die. She was set on saving them. There was last queen of the Zora helped them to hide in secrecy, so it was to Lake Hylia that Nirila planned to travel, seeking the aid of the queen, hoping that perhaps she could help Nirila find other Gerudo that, perhaps, were also hiding. She knew there was little hope, but how could she sit and do nothing?

"You are stubborn, child."
    "Mother, how can you let our race die? Be wiped off of this earth so easily?"
    "We are thieves. Bandits. Swindlers. Our last king was evil. Do you not think that maybe this is our fate for our bad deeds?"
    "Fate? I have never stolen. I have never killed. Certainly Garito has not either. There are many of us who follow the old ways of our people. The honourable ways. We are not all bad. We can change our name if we are allowed to live on."
    "We will not receive the blessing from the goddess to change our ways, my daughter."
    "Mother I-"
    "I will hear no more of this. I have read the signs of the birds and I know you will go in search of others." her mother paused. "But know this, Elder Saraya saw a bad omen from her bird readings. You will not return successful."
    "I do not believe in fate or omens."
    "And that is why you will not return."

Nirila stood up and kicked the sand as she walked toward the Arbiter's Grounds; she noticed a lack of monsters in the desert. She remembered being a small child when they fled and the entire area had been swarming with evil creatures. Maybe they had been unable to survive here. Or maybe someone had exterminated them. Either way, Nirila was happy walk through her old home with her daggers tucked away. Unfortunately, the unusually long life of the Gerudo people did not take away the painful memories of her childhood spent here in the desert.

The Arbiter's grounds had always been off limits to her as a child. The prison was full of dangerous people, tortured souls, who were never permitted to leave. Sometimes the prisoners were innocent. Simple Hylians who were curious about the Gerudo and their ways. But the Gerudo were strong, proud, and merciless; if only they had accepted others as easily as they accepted their thieving ways.

As she entered the grounds, Nirila had a strange feeling that someone had recently been there. Many of the traps had been unset and there were few enemies to sneak around. She made her way easily to the top of the grounds, and knelt before the Mirror of Twilight, up on its perch and cracked into pieces. Someone had been here. The mirror only appeared when the goddess statue was activated to be sent into the ground of the mirror chamber. As she knelt on the ground where the statue of the goddess stood, she hoped her prayers would be heard.

"Oh Goddess of the Sand, I have nothing to offer you but the good intentions of a member of a dying race." Nirila closed her eyes and dropped her forehead to the ground.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. olivia_the_lamb

Ratings:
    +165 / 0 / -0
    Nirila heard footsteps, but she dared not raise her head from the ground. It was custom to wait until one heard an answer in their heart of hearts before finishing a prayer. She focused on her task at hand, though the presence of another being made her uncomfortable, especially in the deserted Arbiter's Grounds..

"Goddess, as you know, your people have drifted from their ways. Long ago we were a people who were good, but isolation from other Hyrulians led us to feel superior. We began thieving, killing, murdering. Our last king was evil and many of us fell to his evil ways. I did not know him. I have never done any of those things that my ancestors have done. My brother and I are good. He deserves to be king of the Gerudo. He deserves the chance to live in peace and the opportunity to repair our relationship with the other people of Hyrule." Nirila paused as tears began to form in her eyes. She choked them back. "I will not cry. I am not weak. I am strong, and I remember the days of my childhood.. here, in this land. I wish for us to return. I wish for your blessing to search for others, to unite whoever is left, and to take back our homeland. I am asking you goddess," her voice rose "goddess of the sand, for your blessing to fight for survival." Nirila sat, still on her hands and nears with her forehead against the cold stone, in silence. She emptied her mind of all thoughts.

After what felt like an eternity, she heard footsteps again and sensed that the person, whoever it may have been, was gone. A sense of determination swept over Nirila. She stood to her feet, feeling strong. She walked away from the mirror, and bowed to place of the goddess statue, hoping that omens weren't true, and that the statue's absence wasn't a sign.

3. PrincezZelda

PrincezZelda Princess of Hyrule

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This is awesome!! <3 Write more please! You are a really talented writer :D

4. olivia_the_lamb

Ratings:
    +165 / 0 / -0
    Thank you! I actually kind of gave up on this, but you made me want to continue!