Your Username

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by GrimWarlock, Nov 29, 2014.

1. GrimWarlock

GrimWarlock Daemon Prince of Tzeentch

Ratings:
    +100 / 1 / -0
    How did you decide what your username will be here? Was it from a song? A part of a catchphrase? Maybe a character you had in an RP?

• Like Like x 1
  2. JIM

JIM zombie Turncoat

Ratings:
    +330 / 1 / -0
    it's my name....

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. Emerlas

Emerlas Emerz

Ratings:
    +147 / 2 / -0
    Can't remember I read it someplace and really liked it and it just stuck with me I use it for gaming it sort of become a bit like a nickname for me even though it has nothing to do with my real name

• Like Like x 1
  4. DefyTheOdds

DefyTheOdds Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Mine is just a phrase I picked up somewhere along the way and I kept using it for things like this

5. Firiath

Firiath Halfling barbarian

Ratings:
    +790 / 5 / -0
    I came up with mine because I was looking for some fantasy-ish name for this forum, so I came up with this pseudo-Elvish name. The "fir(i)" means mortal, and I just liked the "-ath" ending because it sounded good. Found out much later that it actually has a meaning in Sindarin. But nevermind, I like(d) the sound and started using that username almost everywhere. :D

• Like Like x 3
  6. Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold Not a moth

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I doubt that anyone who's interested in the sphere of paranormal activity doesn't already know who Indrid Cold is, but for those ignorant of such unproven nonsense a quick google search should provide at least some of the details. I don't actually believe that he/she/it was anything other than a figment of the imagination, but considering all human experience is perceived through the narrow prism of the meat-mass we call a brain I'm not prepared to call it complete bunkum. Derengberger was most probably suffering from some sort of delusion, but if quantum scientists considerably smarter than me can get in a twist regarding the nature of reality then I'm prepared to give the guy a pass. If nothing else it's a pleasant myth, and humans have ever longed for such.:)

Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Midnattblod

Midnattblod Ranger of Shadow

Ratings:
    +528 / 3 / -0
    Mine was actually going to be the name of a band I was trying to start in High School, but that never really became a thing, so I just started using it as my online name. The word is actually 2 Norwegian words, one is Midnight in English, and the other is Blood. I just like how it sounds. Sometimes there will be slight differences like numbers or something but it will always consist of Midnattblod.

• Like Like x 1
  8. CheshireGrin

CheshireGrin Active Member

Ratings:
    +412 / 1 / -0
    Mine is because I enjoy the slightly creepy grin of the Cheshire Cat. :D

• Like Like x 2
  9. Dreamscaper

Dreamscaper Royal Hamster Wrangler

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -0
    Dreamscaper: an explorer tied to the world of dreams, the Dreamscape, bound up in the world of the never-there, but always present. Was originally a poem I wrote in high school and liked how it sounded.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Sparrow

Sparrow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +251 / 3 / -1
    "Sparrow", was my nickname for the briefest of times when I was in my early 20s.
    Whilst rock climbing with friends and negotiating a tricky ledge, I sensed that something flew by my ear, a split second later something crashed into the side of my head. I thought it was a bat as there were caves nearby, but my friend said it was a sparrow. I never saw it coming or going, but it sure had my heart pounding. That evening as we were settling down in camp and the light was dying, I pealed away the label from a package of Oscar Mayer wieners and used the backside to sketch a most ferocious bird. I love myths about Native American culture, and since I was in the wilderness and having an adventure I took it as a sign, my spirit creature is the humble sparrow! Even some of us atheists don't fancy facing the unknown completely unarmed; this tiny postage stamp-sized doodle is 25 years old, and is sort of a totem I keep with me for luck.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  11. Taliesyn

Taliesyn It's a feral reality out there, kids.

Ratings:
    +423 / 2 / -0
    Look up Taliesin. He was a cool cat. It's also a cool book by Stephen R. Lawhead.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Lord Yuan

Lord Yuan Death-Thousand+

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Stole it from a video game. I'm absolutely uninspiring, in fact I consume the inspiration of others instead into my void like gut like a Kirby does.

I also have two other usernames I use more frequently elsewhere now both inspired by that one Monty Python sketch about woody words. I've used that sketch to vet most of my vocabulary. (IE. I say homosexual instead of gays not because I want to dehumanize the people but because "gay" sounds like a little bird hitting a tin can with a thin metal baton awful awful awful, homosexual has a long drawl to it though.)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sneakybolt

Sneakybolt Melereb

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    My elder brother who led me into the world of fantasy started out as Sneakyarrow, and thus I became Sneakybolt.

• Like Like x 1
  14. JNK

JNK King of tards

Ratings:
    +138 / 4 / -2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. perneekCZ

perneekCZ New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    It's my nickname in school

• Like Like x 1
  16. The Curse of Fenric

The Curse of Fenric I'm not a Haemovore!

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    It's a Doctor Who reference from the final series (before the reboot), when bad scripts and bad direction finally did what the BBC had been hoping for and killed the viewing figures. McCoy wasn't actually a bad actor, and he certainly wasn't the worst Doctor (anyone remember the first?), but he had the misfortune of appearing at a time when the original premise of the show had degenerated into a mess that nobody really wanted to be a part of. Too bad. I quite liked him.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Emelie

Emelie Queen of darkness

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    I couldn't use the name I wanted, everything I wrote was taken.. And in a fit of rage I just put my own name in there. And.. well..The rest is history.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Druid of Lûhn

Druid of Lûhn The Little Lamb.

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    I'd just read a book about this guy who is famous on a fantasy forum and sets up this big meeting after being contacted by some elves to help them save their world, by gathering people from his world who would be summoned into theirs as warriors and the like.

The guy's username was The Great Druid (I think). That's what got me to look for a fantasy forum and made me realise that I did rather like the Celts and their druids (I love Asterix and Obelix, but was thinking about the Eagle of the Ninth at the time), so I stole the Druid part and added it to Lûhn which was an area of a world I was creating at the time, similar to Middle-earth (stolen from Lhun/Lune in M-e).

• Like Like x 1
  19. JNK

JNK King of tards

Ratings:
    +138 / 4 / -2
    it's almost the only thread really worth reading lately :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Marek

Marek New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    I'm curios on that poem. Is it available for reading?

• Like Like x 1