Your opinion about Gondorian Helmet

Discussion in 'Fantasy Weapons and Armour' started by VALAMATAR, Dec 20, 2004.

1. VALAMATAR

VALAMATAR New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi! I'd like to share some thoughts with you guys.Looking at the pics of the Gondorian helmet by UC, I see that the wings look badly fixed (it seems to me).In the movie props the side wings appear engraved (sorry, doesn't know the english word) in the helmet, but in the one made by UC looks like wings are a piece apart.

What do U think? Has anybody non- official pics of this helm? I'd like to buy it (together with Isildur's one), but It seems to me that it's not as well finished as Elendil's or the Elven War Helm.

Cheers, and Merry Christmas!!! :dragon:

2. darthrage

darthrage Sith Lord of the Realm

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    It's always tough to tell from pics - I see what you mean - they (the wings) are probably separate pieces attached to the helm. But I believe these pics are often artists renderings and not always pics of the finished product. We'll just have to wait and see.

3. Mububban

Mububban Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    I think Darth is right. For manufacturing purposes, I imagine they will make the helmet bowl as one piece, machine stamp the wings, then rivet them on.

The movie helmets were a steel bowl that had sculpting clay layered over the top then shaped into the wings so they looked embossed, but were actually added on over the top of the bowl. Then I guess they used that final metal and clay model as a mould for all the others.

If the UC helmet has riveted wings, but they're of decent quality, I will still buy this helm, as I'm planning to do.

4. Jessehk

Jessehk The introverted

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I loved it in the films, but, your right. The UC replica looks like it has both sides attached, instead of being engraved, like in the movies.

5. CB Swords

CB Swords Forum Administrator

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    We'll see when the final product comes out.

6. VALAMATAR

VALAMATAR New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I wish it be well finished...I'm dying for one of them.I want to focus my collection on Gondor and "historical" LOTR items (Isildur,Elendil...).

Now, let's wait for the gondorian shield.

Merry Christmas from Spain!!!

7. Thorin

Thorin Avatar of Darkness

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I'm also waiting for it too. It's hard to say anything about it until someone has held it in their hands and studied it closely. I think I was one of the first to pre-order... so if I get mine early off, i'll try and let you guys know.