Your First Sword

Discussion in 'General Weapons & Armour' started by Gavaha, Oct 10, 2003.

1. Nydendarin

Nydendarin New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My first sword, oddly enough *since we talk alot about Kit Rae here*, was Kit Rae's Luciendar - Sword of Light. heh.. well.. aside from a wooden one i got at the Rennisance Festival.. but.. my first metal sword was that.

2. Boromir Of Gondor

Boromir Of Gondor Aragorn was a

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My first sword(hopefully it will be its on preorder) will hopefully be Herugrim. I have heard lots of great comments about blades by brown, and hopefully after getting Herugrim, my sword collection will start.

3. Wisconsin

Wisconsin Art House Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0
    My first sword(s) was a WWII Japanese officers sword, in fairly good shape. Its razor sharp, functional (although I wouldnt use it), and an 1800s early 1900s Knights of Pythias sword.
    My first LOTR sword is going to be Aragorns Ranger Sword, im going to get it at a local sword shop for $170!

4. jigger

jigger New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My first sword was a Carlos V, followed by a ninja katana, followed by the franklin mint imperial sword of the samurai (which hangs on my loungeroom wall) and I've been drooling over the latest LOTR swords.
    Jigger

5. Thorin

Thorin Avatar of Darkness

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My first sword was a gift to me. It started me into collecting. Its called The Snake Tamer sword. Its very nice looking.... except for the fact that its made in Pakistan... has lots of problems with it, and the fact that I got overly excited and swung it around. The hand can spin completely around and the sword jingles QUITE a bit. I do care about it, but im glad that it was my first sword instead of something nice from UC. Its going to be hung on my wall in a few weeks after I get some wood and make my own plaque.

6. Cheesy Goodness

Cheesy Goodness The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    ah...good times...gooooood times...

since i was like 5 and saw power rangers for the first time, i wanted a sword...kinnda lost intrest till i saw LOTR...then a wanted every sword known to man...2 years ago i got one

my first was a hand and a half Claymore with a leather scabbard...never sparred with it or hit it with anything...scabbard is worn from me drawing it all the time tho...

then i got a (in no particular order) Roman dagger, ninja sword, set of katanas, Hadafang, Sting, Narsil, Strider's Ranger Sword, Goth Short Sword, Twin Viper Macheties, a sweet staff that pulls apart to get 2 polearms, and a dagger that looks like a gun...i think its called a Patrick Duffy or something

the only full tang ones are the macheties and the ninja sword tho...ah well...rat-tail tang is good for sparring i guess

7. Arijah

Arijah The Firstborn

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My first swords were Japanese bushido blades my dad bought in Okinawa. I remember they were displayed on top of the china cabinet where I couldn't reach them. My dad later sold them in a garage sale...which to this day I wish he hadn't. My father also procured a WW2 bayonet that I still have. The blade itself is not extremely sharp, as the bayonet was primarily used for stabbing, but it will still cut through rope and such.

8. Tawnos

Tawnos New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Mine would be a starfire light sword. It's a reenactment sword with a blunted edge, full tang, and leather/copper wire grip.

9. Anduin

Anduin Numenorean

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Technically my first sword was like an old calvary sword or sabre or something. It has spanish engravings on it and look really old. But it had been lying around in the basement since before I was born and I found it when I was like 5. I don't count that one really cause I never bought it nor was it ever really given to me either.
    That said, my first sword was the Ranger Sword. Ahh yes, the rise of a wonderful collection of fine LoTR swords, and yet, unfortunatley the downfall of my once well stocked cabbage patch a.k.a my pocketbook.

10. Vazkoloth

Vazkoloth Elven Warrior/Vampire

Do you wanna know so you can track me down?HAHA-I
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My first sword was a large 2-handed broadsword. When I got it i was so happy. I had finnally gotten a real sword. I was extremly happy.

11. Gregorius0202

Gregorius0202 The Bronze Warrior

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I've always been a fan of war and such things. Starting with aircraft at about the age of 6, after a long time of loving tractors (my dad owns a farm) and collecting many, many books after the second grade or so on the subject of WWI/WWII aircraft, I found ancient warfare... I was about 12 by this time, as I'd been on and off in interest due to things like Star Wars, the Pokemon Trading Card Game, and other small kid things of that sort... Then I started watching movies, Gladiator, Excalibur movies... I wasn't too into historic accuracy. I loved Roman things a lot!

Eventually I picked up a sword, based on a Spanish broadsword, totally decorational... I'm guessing it is something like Marto or from a similar company. Not a stainless steel blade, since it rusts up nice! I got it in Fresno, CA when I was not much more than 13. I used to cut up cardboard with it, and it was so heavy to me that I had to use two hands to hold it. Definitely not a very balanced reproduction;)

After that, I got several other non-historic stainless and crappy swords of that kind for cheap... Then I got into history more. I've bought dozens of books on swords, armor, and warfare in general from all ages, and have now been into historical reeacting for about a year (after a kindly intermission of Magic: The Gathering fever). So, All of my "good" stuff can now be seen on my site, www.bronze-warrior.com, where I proudly display my items and update constantly with revisions and additions to my costuming regalia!

-Gregory-

Attached Files:

12. Cudgel

Cudgel The name says it all

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    my first sword......well it was two and they were cheesy stainless fake japanese swods, not relaly proud of them, but I didnt pick them they were a gift. Im actauly much happierabout eh first kife i got.

And nothignn wrong with M:TG besides the fact that amount of money ive sunk into it would add up to several swords.....

13. Gregorius0202

Gregorius0202 The Bronze Warrior

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    "And nothignn wrong with M:TG besides the fact that amount of money ive sunk into it would add up to several swords....."

Yeah. I still love the game, but I quit and haven't played once in the last year, because I was pouring so much cash into it, and I found it wasteful. I sold all of my best cards, got around $600-700 of my money back. I still have several hundred rares and a couple thousand commons and uncommons to get rid of... I was into vintage play, so, I put my money into just some cards, and the rest was crap... I sold the rest of it! I'm still tryin' to get my brother to sell his Juzam Djinn, Mirror Universe, Chaos Orb, and Mana Drain, but, he is to lazy to put them on ebay! He always complains about how he has no money... :p

Anyway, back to swords... Sorry about the distruption

-Gregory-

14. Lord Rages

Lord Rages Elemental Master

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My first sword was a Nari. It is very heavy and long, but very sharp and powerful.

15. Jessehk

Jessehk The introverted

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    What is a Nari? :)

16. Thorin

Thorin Avatar of Darkness

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Ohh ohh. I can add to my collection. I recieved Unlimited Anduril during the summer. Great piece. My Uncle tried talking me out of it... "collector stuff is garbage" haha. Whatever....

What is a nari? Isn't it some kind of pike? Or... is that something else.

17. Vandral

Vandral Dark One Reborn

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    The first and only sword I have is a Kesuke Nimachodo special daisho set....... imported from Japan, made the traditional way......... hella expensive....... sharp as anything........ and incredibly beautiful.... ran me 10000 American to get it.

18. Mububban

Mububban Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    Vandral, how did you go about purchasing such an item? A lot of us here are curious as to how exactly you go about buying a real Japanese sword. Any info you could give us would be really appreciated.

19. Bard

Bard Erchamion

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    My first sword was a cheap knock-off of Sting that I got off ebay.

20. Vandral

Vandral Dark One Reborn

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I went to Japan with my family when I went to Kesuke's smithy. He makes swords for people all over the world. I placed my order in with him, and told him where to send it. Unfortunately, according to the law, swords cannot be sharper than a certain point if you're going to import them........ so he ground down the blade. When I got them, I took them to someone I know here in Regina, and he re-sharpened the blade for me.

Search tags for this page

the imperial sword of the samurai by the franklin mint