Your fave fighting game canon. :)

Discussion in 'Polls' started by azuren82, Mar 2, 2008.

?

Your fave fighting game canon

1. Guilty Gear

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
  2. Street Fighter

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  3. King of Fighters(2-D version)

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  4. Samurai Shodown

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Tekken

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  6. Dead or Alive

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  7. Virtua Fighter

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. The Last Blade

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. King of Fighters (3-D version)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Fatal Fury (inclusive of Mark of the Wolves)

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  11. Art of Fighting

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Rival Schools

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  13. Bloody Roar

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  14. Others (I'm too tired to type now... :S)

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    After seeing what Akuma did to Bison in one move during one of the tourney's with his SGK, I'm not inclined to believe Rose can take out Akuma (well not without a shitload of effort).

I actually base power levels on a mixture of canon and gameplay. I mean if everything went according to canon and was implemented into gameplay you might aswell only have all of 8 or so characters rofl.

I think really though, that character development is ****ed up because they really aren't concentrating on that shit. It's more about the gameplay isn't it, and tbh they did a goddamn awesome job. SF, best 2D fighter out there and of all time, straight up.

I do believe a character that doesn't get enough attention is Paul. I mean the guy is a total goddamn beast. He's one of the few that's actually won a Tekken tournament, and more than once at that.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2008
  2. azuren82

azuren82 Berserk got banned...

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    I believe you're referring to SF2 for the Akuma issue. If that's the case, comparision is not applicable mainly because Bison clearly got weaker by the end of the Zero canon plus Akuma's definitely got tons stronger during the transition between Zero and 2 'cuz well, he's Akuma lol! :D Not to mention the fact that it's very possible that the SGK in 2 was a blindside although can't be sure tbh. Have to look back on Tiamat's faq.

On the difference between canon and gameplay, I agree with you on that. 'Nuff said.

On the issue of balance between gameplay and character development, I believe a balance can always be reached if the effort's there. Look at Guilty Gear and you'll know. SF's not the best 2D fighter game imo tbh. Stupid Ryu, Ken and Akuma always got spammed in an insane way. tbh, I think Capcom was being partial to these three in gameplay to a certain extent... >_<

On Paul, I agree he should get more serious attention. Have you seen his Tekken 5 ending btw? ****ing stupid... >_<

On Paul winning a Tekken tournament... sorry on that bro, but he's never won one. The closest he got was when he floored Ogre in 3. But that stupid monster became True Ogre and the tourney just continued from there afterwards.

Winners of the Tekken tournaments in canon:

1: Kazuya

2: Heihachi

3: Jin

4: Jin (assumption due to the final getting interrupted by Jin turning Devil and dishing out pwnage)

5: Jin

6: Waiting for the console version and Namco's announcement.

3. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Actually I find that very few people play Ryu, they all go for the all-flair faggot Ken. The one's that use Akuma are crap because they just don't understand how to play with him. A lot also go for Chun li. I'm sorry but is it just me or is Chun Li actually so goddamn overrated. I actually hate her, how can people not see that Cammy is like 10x cooler and more fun to play with?

Hmm I always thought that Paul was declared the official winner of the 3rd one because nobody cared about True Ogre (tbh he was crap anyway lol) and Jin's beating of him.

Man I swear Paul won more than one. Goddamnit my memory is failing me here. It's been quite a while since I played a Tekken game as the RPG Gods have been calling to me.

The only thing I don't get is how Jin is winning all of these. He's clearly lacks experience compared to his father and grandfather, and suddenly the devil gene has boosted him far more than it had Kazuya considering Kazuya's base power is much greater. This is why I also hate certain fighting games from Japan, there are teenagers running around with skills that are only attained after so many more years of training.

4. azuren82

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    That's because technically, Ken is on a higher tier than Ryu in at least most of the SF games. There's a reason why Daigo used Ken in the SF3:TS tourney. Ken is super imba in that particular SF game. As for Akuma, you're wrong on that. I've seen some super insane V-Akumas in my arcade for Zero 3, not to mention Daigo is nuts in using him for Zero 3 as well. Chunli... well, I admit she's rather high tiered consistently in the SF games from what I've seen. Most likely top tier in Zero 2 although she could have been downgraded in Zero 3. Not so sure in 2, but I guess she's higher tiered than Cammy. Blame it on Capcom for that. I know I do... >_< As for SF3:TS at least, I guess she's also top tiered as well with Ken and Yun judging on how Justin Wong use him. Not to mention I've seen certain decent Chunners for that SF game as well...

P.S: On Jin beating True Ogre in 3, tbh, I agree it's super exaggerated. It's like Namco is cramming in the facts at the expense of logic. On Devil Jin pwning, all I can say that it's most likely the effect of the genes on the individual. At least 5 is more realistic. Hwoarang at least defeated normal Jin in the 5 canon...

Last edited: Mar 3, 2008
  5. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    I believe I missed typed my Akuma sentence. I meant most players who play him are crap. Their just like "Omg it's Akuma" and so select him for his high dmg output.

The difference between normal Jin and Devil Jin is insane. Normal Jin stands no chance against old man Heihachi or Kazuya, let alone people like Nina (she's underrated aswell) and Paul. Yet suddenly with the Devil Gene he's super? I mean he's not even strong enough to fight off the Devil's control like Kazuya can (Angel being the epitome of keeping the Devil at bay), yet suddenly he can take out both Father and Grandfather? :S

Namco need to sort out their power levels.

6. azuren82

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    True on that. Most of the Akuma users in SF at least when he started to appear in the later versions of 2 are crap because they see that he's Akuma. V-Akuma in Zero 3 though is super god-tiered. Fighting him can be a pain in the ass. If I remember correctly, Daigo used him for the Zero 3 tourney final against the US champion using V-Ryu. Which led to me thinking that V-Ryu could be at the same tier with V-Akuma or at the very most one tier lower.

And on the Jin issue, I agree with you there on Namco needing to sort out the logic in power levels although I suspect Namco will just let it lie.... :S

7. Foinikas

Foinikas Playing backgammon!

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    I voted Street Fighter because it's a classic and one of the fathers of this genre!

Still,I think that you should have included Mortal Kombat in one of the choices as it is another classic as well!BIG MISTAKE!Choose your destiny!Kakashi wins...Friendship!Friendship!

HADOKEN!

8. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    Yeah where is Mortal Kombat anyway! It beats all of these suckers!:p

9. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    It probably slipped his mind since it's not a particularly great series.

10. azuren82

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    It's more likely that I'm not that into MK and when I started the options, the whole thing slipped from my mind. I'm not too sure about the MK canon to be sure, but to kill off Liu Kang somewhere is a bad move and having him back in zombie form is a stupid one. As if the whole Resident Evil idea hasn't been spammed enough... :S

11. Foinikas

Foinikas Playing backgammon!

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    You can't be serious!

Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter were the most famous games of this genre back in the mid-90s!

12. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    the difference being street fighter required distinct tactics for every opponent you faced since they all had differences, whereas in Mortal Kombat they're all the same character, but their special moves look different

13. Dragn9

Dragn9 Sorcerer Supreme

Ratings:
    +175 / 0 / -0
    LOL...that's what I was thinking....

14. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Ah...the blinded ones and their fealty to MK. Such a sad day for us Beat 'em up players when we see another has fallen to this.

15. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    If we are blind, then we most be damn good fighters! lol, if I can beat ya up, without using my eyes, then I'm better than I thought... mmm, thx Met!

16. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Hmm I guess you missed the metaphor.

Forgot I have to be extra specific on TFF.

Plus tbh, if you're blind, and can play MK and be a good fighter...well that just shows no skill really is required to play it. Tbh even further, that's unfortunately true.

17. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    And you missed the sarcasm:p
    Why don't you just drop the bashing, it's getting a bit old and a bit lame. I'm not saying anything anymore of Streetfighter either, cause what's the point? If you're just trying to cheese off people, then that's a bit pathetic, no offense.

18. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    It's not bashing if it's true :S

What's the point? There must be one, otherwise the debate section would be redundant by now!

Oh dear did I just detect hypocrisy?

19. Kakashi

Kakashi The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    for the ones listed, Tekken and Street Fighter.

not listed, Mortal Kombat- gotta represent for scorpion...
    and Soul Caliber- always loved it.

20. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Yep. Scorps and Sub Zero. Awesome characters in terms of portryal and actions. That's about it for me though. Kind got countered by Lu Kang's unnecessary squealing whilst he did his little leg flying thing.

Search tags for this page

gem samuray sodom don lop