Your fave fighting game canon. :)

Discussion in 'Polls' started by azuren82, Mar 2, 2008.

?

Your fave fighting game canon

1. Guilty Gear

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
  2. Street Fighter

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  3. King of Fighters(2-D version)

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  4. Samurai Shodown

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Tekken

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  6. Dead or Alive

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  7. Virtua Fighter

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. The Last Blade

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. King of Fighters (3-D version)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Fatal Fury (inclusive of Mark of the Wolves)

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  11. Art of Fighting

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Rival Schools

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  13. Bloody Roar

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  14. Others (I'm too tired to type now... :S)

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. azuren82

azuren82 Berserk got banned...

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Well, I decided to put up this topic 'cuz I dunno how many of you guys know about fighting games' storyline and I want to know what are you guys' fave. Erm.. so yeah, here's the choices... btw, you guys can vote for more than one... my fave is Guilty Gear for the obvious reason of the titular character... :) and add Rival Schools, King of Fighters, Tekken, Soul Calibur and Fatal Fury to the mix... :)

P.S: How many of you guys agree with me that Ryu of SF is super one dimensional and Ash of KOF is a ****ing gay... :yak:

Add PS: Whoops, forgot to add SC to the mix. Sorry guys... :S

Final P.S: How many of you guys agree with me that Sol Badguy of Guilty Gear is pwnage?

Last edited: Mar 2, 2008
  2. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Personally I never really liked Ryu, or Ken for that matter. Akuma is the only shoto-clone that ever interested me. I was always more partial to Guile and Bison, although I grew to like Alex and others more too. My votes went to Street Fighter(duh) and Guilty Gear, because Sol, and Ky are awesome and I also enjoy Zato, among others(great cast in that series, not even gonna lie)

3. azuren82

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    I honestly believe that people may like Akuma better than the other two shotos only because of the death match issue. That being said though, I wonder how many of you guys still remember the old school shoto gay joke lol! :D Bison... well, I don't really like him, but Guile is an interesting character. Alex could be a great character, but stupid Capcom made him a second Ryu in terms of nature. Guy is my fave SF character, but Capcom screwed him in the Zero series. Well, at least he got his own good twist in the SF story in the latest Final Fight game provided stupid Capcom include that as canon, which btw the whole company never did in official means anyway.

Guilty Gear... dude, that series really got a good cast of characters. Everyone there (playable at least) have a good reason to fight and not just the whole "I fight for good or evil" cliche in fighting games. Millia's my fave female character in the series just like Sol for the series. :)

Who's your fave character for Guilty Gear btw, IR?

P.S: Honestly speaking, If I was choose only a series for the best canon, it would be either Guilty Gear or Rival Schools... :)

4. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    In terms of powers and such Zato/Eddie would be my favorite, in terms of storyline and character design it's Sol

5. Foinikas

Foinikas Playing backgammon!

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    Where's Mortal Kombat?Where's Soulcaliber?

6. .:solinari:.

.:solinari:. New Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Tekken!!!!

7. azuren82

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    LOL Eddie is definitely top tier in the AC version together with Testament. The whole Summon Eddie loop is so gay. Testament on the other hand got this stupid gay ability to loop any random hit into a combo. I suspect Jam is also top or at least first tier.

Back to the canon, yeah, I admit Sol rulez in the canon for what Ishiwatari Daisuke did for his storyline. Too bad there's still a lot of question marks concerning his past especially his vendetta with "That Man", or in Japanese term, "Anno Otoko". Btw, did you have a pic of Raven? I really dunno how he looks like honestly except from what I've heard, he don't look human but at the same time resembles Axl to a certain extent. Which led to the fact that both Axl and Raven are parallel existence, so another interesting game of guessing for all we GG fans out there. Btw, I was wondering if Sol's Gear control headgear got broken, removed or whatever in the first GG game. IMO, he won't be able to beat Justice with that stuff limiting his powers as was shown during the end of the Crusades although he's got the Fireseal (Jp: Fuuenken) by the time of the first GG game... I just got this assumption when I saw Sol's GG1 ending where his headgear was missing and the canon god (i.e. Ishiwatari Daisuke) stated that Sol was the one who defeated Justice in that game's canon. Any opinion on that?

Btw dude, who's your fave GG gal? May is some immature brat, Jam and Ino being the the sluts and Baiken the butch/tomboy. And yeah, Millia the emo lol! :D But honestly speaking, I don't really have any real negative views on the GG gals although honestly speaking, I'll do anything to have Millia for my gf if that's possible in real life. :)

P.S to Foi: Ok, did you see my apology for missing out on SC? And yeah, I admit it's my fault for not including MK as well. My brain just go bzzzt at the point I started this thread... >_< And from what I've heard, the canon for MK got screwed big time in the later installments... care to enlighten me on that? Never got a look on the MK storyline although I know Liu Kang got killed in Deadly Alliance or somewhere around there. And from what I've known, he got brought back in zombie form. Stupid rip-off from Resident Evil just like what Capcom America did for Final Fight Revenge. Grrrrr....... :321:

8. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    They weren't worth mentioning? lawl

Ah man you guys are not understanding why Ryu is the way he is. Ryu embodies the basics of every warrior and fighter. Unwavering in the face of any enemy, pure of heart and strong of body, untainted by doubt and unsullied by self-aggrandisement. He is what every true man should strive to be. Although he is not without flaws. He's not exactly DC comics perfect life, he has gone through some crap. Ken = suepr faggot who must die. Akuma is my second favourite after Ryu, I mean come on, how can you not recognise Akuma utter badassness?

Sol Badguy...what can I say? I mean you just have to look at him and know he's the man. My only beef with GG is why the goddamn necessity to have a preteen transvestite? I mean I don't care how much you justify it...just no!

KoF? It's all about Terry Bogard. Another "he's the man". Totally owns that zombie faggot Iori and his slouching doucheness.

Edit: Yep Testament is a ***. Mostly because he dresses like a tranny aswell. What a wang. Fav fem GG char? Jam probably, cos of her name. Kuradoberi...lawl

• Like Like x 1
  9. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Ryu is boring. Gameplay wise he's nice, and you can't hate on his moves, but he's about as exciting as a rock imo.

10. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Pfft I think he's pretty exciting if you see the other stuff outside of the game. Plus he's the only character with a fangirl. Not to mention because he's so awesome even the fangirl is a beastly fighter. There's few other fighters who can stand up to Sakura I reckon. He only seems boring because he's the closest to a pretty normal person. The rest all have really weird lives and are super flair.

11. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    I've seen all of the anime series as far as I know, and I've read a lot of the manga and other comic storylines that have made it to the States, I like him more than I did in the day, but he still bores me. I can't hate on Sakura though, she's pretty entertaining.

12. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    The only other "Anasatsuken" fighter that is awesome apart from Ryu and his fangirl is Dan. That guy just makes me laugh. I'm sorry but he's just too hilarious. Sakura learned his self made martial arts in one day rofl.

Edit: FFS Azuren, just hurry up and post. I can see you "viewing" this for a good 10bajillion hours -.-

13. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    yeah, I enjoy Dan and his manly pink gi. He was also probably my favorite part of the Street Fighter Legends: Sakura story

14. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    I love his taunt/minor dmg move. Where he signs a picture of himself and throws it at you. Rofl what a legend (albeit only really seen thsi in MvC2).

Pink Gi ftw!

15. azuren82

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Honestly speaking, if you've got any knowledge on SF canon, you'll know Capcom only focus Ryu's development in the Zero series. That guy's ****ing one dimensional in 2 and 3. Forget the whole shit on warrior and fighter. He just don't have any decent or even significant development post Zero.

Akuma may seems a badass, but it's only the whole "death match" issue that justifies it. Gen is definitely more interesting than that guy in a sense of his aims of seeking a death match. Akuma just fights for killing and to be killed. Gen fights because he don't want to have any regrets in his life. IMO, Gen is so much more human.

That's the exact reason why we all heard of the common Ryu, Ken and Akuma gay jokes. Why? Because they're seriously deprived of necessary canon developments in the whole aspect of living for the fight. No matter how you see it, it's just the same one pattern shit. Ok, Ken's got some development between 2 and 3, but that's super minor. Akuma's super one dimensional as well. Maybe even more worse than Ryu. At least that guy's got certain significant developments in Zero.

On the whole preteen tranny issue with GG, I agree with you on that. It's just so wrong for Ishiwatari to include Bridget in. His story is so gay and his design even more so. Honestly speaking, if there's any characters which I think is unnecessary in GG, there are two of them, namely Bridget and Zappa. On Testament, I'm pretty neutral to him. He seems like a better version of Vega in SF for GG. Honestly speaking, if you can see beyond his costume and the stupid gay combos he can do in AC, he is really an interesting character in terms of canon.

Sol is definitely the man for sure. Glad we find common ground on that. :)

On KOF all about Terry Bogard, lol that's for Fatal Fury. Terry can be considered from a minor to joke character in KOF from all his endings up till 2003 at least. Honestly speaking, both the old school SNK and SNK Playmore just don't give him any real attention outside Fatal Fury. Iori, Kyo, K' and Ash... no matter how you feel about them, they always get the main focus in KOF to a certain extent. Even more so for Ash since the current KOF is all about him. Doesn't discount the possible fact that he's a gay though...

P.S: Do you really have a thing for Chinese sluts in terms of gaming lol! :D Honestly speaking, Jam seems pretty much like a slut to me in GG. Pretty much like Mai in KOF...

16. azuren82

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Actually, Ryu's life isn't normal compared to a standard human being. How can living for the fight and shit like that be counted? Honestly speaking, you'll have to blame Capcom for Ryu's screwed up development in 2 and 3. No, make that a total nil on that. On the whole issue of Sakura, honestly speaking, I can only see her as some form of fan service to a much lesser extent although I admit she's got her own signifcant development. And on the whole issue of few other fighters able to stand up to Sakura... honestly speaking, I think it's absurd. Capcom never said anything concrete on her extent of abilities and it's super possible that she could be owned by other characters like Cody, Guy, Rolento, Sodom, etc. Hell, I don't think she's even a match for Ryu and Ryu wasn't that good in Zero compared to 2 and 3 in the canon. (read: there are definitely quite a number people better than him in Zero canon) To say Sakura is much better than most of the fighters in SF at least in Zero canon is just like saying Kyle is pwnage in Final Fight, which IMO is definitely super absurd... >_<

And on Dan, he's just there for comic relief. He's a stupid character although I'm neutral towards him. He's got a good background story for Zero 2. (Note that Zero canon starts from 2) But honestly speaking, his endings in both Zero 2 and 3 sucks big time mainly Capcom just intends him to be a pure joke. Remember the whole stupid wrangle they have with SNk when the latter made Ryo for Art of Fighting? That's Capcom's retaliation for that...

17. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Tbh...Akuma is not supposed to be a real character really, but taht's just imo. His goal is to fight the ultimate fights and that's about it.

Ryu's a simplistic character. He's not wanting all that much in life and he's a pretty good guy just travelling so ofc they don't really need to do much with him. I just love him because he's exactly what I believe everyone good man should be. Plus he's got a super fangirl and he's argueably (sp?) the most powerful fighter in the SF universe (other being Akuma, Gen, Gill).

I meant normal as in comparatively (if you go back in time a bit when men were more about "adventure" as it were rather than business). He's less crazy than the SF characters. Well ok...maybe Sakura more normal but he's probably less flair-like lifestyle than the others. No I seriously think Sakura is a good fighter. Sure she's not the strongest out there ofc, but I was implying an exclusion on the super-tiered characters, I thought everyone does when discussing characters, because we all know ppl like Gill are stupidly powerful, but she can give a lot of fighters out there a run for their money. I mean when I play with her, she's actually pretty good.

But to be really honest, my knowledge on SF canon is slightly skewed as I don't own all of the titles lol

18. Ender-Zero

Ender-Zero Ruff Mercenary

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    I voted other. Why? Bushido Blade. 'Nuff said.

19. Aphelion

Aphelion The Mighty One

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Guilty Gear and Tekken for me :) I love the characters.

20. azuren82

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    That's why I say Akuma's one dimensional. Either Capcom don't intend him to be realistic as a human being or they've screwed up his storyline. Based on what they've did with Ryu and Ken, I'm much more inclined to the latter.

On Ryu being simplistic, I won't have much issue on it if that's the case. Problem is he don't get any developments post Zero like what I've said before and that makes the whole issue of simplicity void. You can have a simplistic character with developments, but when a character failed to develope on the whole, he's nothing more than a one dimensional ass. Capcom's to blame for all the stupid character development screw ups in SF and it's really a miracle that they didn't make the same mistake for Rival Schools at least. Devil May Cry is an exception because the makers are super partial to Dante, but it's not a fighting game, so I won't go on that.

On Sakura, I believe you're saying she will only be owned by people on the top tier. Honestly speaking, you can't judge a character's potency just based on gameplay. Guy can pwn virtually anybody in Zero 1, but does that mean he's top of the pile in the real canon? Hell no! Although I'm a Guy fan, I admit he's not invincible one way or another in the canon although Capcom never said anything on his battles in the canon. Try to pit Sakura against Rose for example. Can you honestly hope that Sakura will win in the canon? NO! Rose will pwn her ass over and over again. Remember she defeated Bison in Zero 2 officially in the canon. And Rose is most likely on the par with Gen and Akuma at the very most although I admit she's insanely strong in the Zero canon due to her nature of existence.

If you want the most accurate insight on SF canon, go to Gamefaqs and search for Tiamat's plot faq. It's by all in all the most accurate source of SF canon info I've ever seen. Just don't trust too much on the canon tiering system there. A contributor named Saiki did it and I honestly believe he's smoking something funny at the point of time he doing certain parts of the tiering table. If you want to know my complaints about it, feel free to ask. ;)

Search tags for this page

gem samuray sodom don lop