Your fave anime/manga series

Discussion in 'Polls' started by azuren82, Mar 11, 2008.

?

Your fave manga/anime series

1. Naruto

6 vote(s)
    31.6%
  2. Samurai Deeper Kyo

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  3. GetBackers

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  4. Rurouni Kenshin

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  5. Flame of Recca

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. Full Metal Alchemist

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  7. Record of Lodoss War

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  8. Berserk

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  9. Tenjou Tenge

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  10. Tsukihime

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  11. Hellsing

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  12. Trinity Blood

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  13. Prince of Tennis

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Yu Yu Hakusho

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  15. Trigun

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  16. One Piece

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  17. Others (pleaes specify)

9 vote(s)
    47.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    What plan? You haven't confirmed anything >_<

2. Dragn9

Dragn9 Sorcerer Supreme

Ratings:
    +175 / 0 / -0
    I just did...lol

3. azuren82

azuren82 Berserk got banned...

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    tbh, Ban wasn't really counted as god-tiered mainly because we all dunno what will happen if he was to fight the King of Voodoo, which is what Raitei did and won. If you were to ask me, I'll say Raitei is the highest tiered character. It's only that he never awaken his max potential in the previous fights with Ban. As for Ban, I admit he's super strong, but nowhere beyond Akabane's standards since that fight was virtually a draw.

And yeah, met, the guy you're talking about in GTO is not the principal, but the discipline master Uchiyamada. ;)

4. Oniw17

Oniw17 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Forgot to tick FMA, but I meant to. The other I chose were Rurouni Kenshin, Berserk, Yu Yu Hakusho, and Trigun. I like Bleach and Death Note also...and...Kikaider. Nah, not Kikaider. There's lots of other good anime/manga series that I'm sure I've forgotten.

5. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Well ok, he's the Vice really, but I call him the principal, since he acts like one.

Nah, Ban wins. Do you know why? Final incantation - Asclepius. Even without the Jagan it is so goddamn beastly. Man the guy can lift several hundred kilo's with either hand and not even be at 100% >_<

Akabane is not really more powerful than Ban. I mean Ban did show Akabane his limits, and that's why he helped Ban to continue existising. The only reason Raiteit defeated Voodoo King is becuase their their same type of thing albeit being opposite. They just wiped eachother out. Raitei didn't really win, since he ceased to exist aswell. Hell Ban took his dad's super punch with one hand and just got a little cut, when his dad's power is supposed to exceed even the Gale Emperor's. I mean hell, Paul can generate a vacuum so strong it could cut people like knives and render them unconscious merely by walking.

All in all, Hevn shoulda been Ban's :p

Edit: Goddamn you Azuren and your false statements. That guy IS the principal. he's the headteacher >_<. That other woman you're thinking of is the chairman. Damnit how could I believe I could have been wrong!

Last edited: Mar 13, 2008
  6. azuren82

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Dude I think I may have got it wrong. Ages since I've read the GB manga. >_<

And no, what I said ain't misinfo. I read the chinese translation of GTO and it refers him as the discipline master. The principal is another guy. And who said I'm referring the person as a woman? If you're talking about the name Uchiyamada, THAT'S THE NAME OF THE DISCIPLINE MASTER! The chairman/woman you're talking about is named Sakurai(again, not sure of the full name) Actually, the principal changed hands during the last manga arc when the previous guy left the post to some manipulative bitch named Daimon (Not sure of the full name though). That part btw was the part where Onizuka staged the hilarious Miyabi fake kidnap.

P.S: Just went to Wiki to find out if the Chinese and English versions of the manga matched after hearing your words and found out that very possibly the English and Chinese translations may have clashed. Uchiyamada in the English version is referred to as the Vice Principal and Sakurai is the headmaster. But then again maybe to a certain extent, they may mean the same thing.

Wikipedia on GTO characters: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Great_Teacher_Onizuka_characters

Add P.S: Bloody ****... my brain got pretty messed up now that I've seen Daimon's intro in Wiki where it referred her as the VP just like Uchiyamada. Which may have the whole article referring Sakurai as the principal. ****ing stupid translation issues... >_<

What I mean on the whole as quoted by Wikipedia:

Hiroshi Uchiyamada (内山田 ひろし, Uchiyamada Hiroshi)

Voiced by: Yūichi Nagashima (Japanese), Bob Papenbrook (English)

Japanese live-action actor: Akira Nakao

The vice-principal at the Holy Forest Academy, and the Mr. Wilson to Eikichi Onizuka's Dennis the Menace, Hiroshi Uchiyamada is commonly seen throwing fits over two things: Onizuka the "parasite", and his beloved and frequently-totaled Toyota Cresta.

According to a self-explained biography in the manga, Uchiyamada was born and educated in a small rural town. He was discovered as a prodigy and recommended to become a teacher at the Tokyo College of Education, where he first met his wife-to-be, Ryōko. 29 years of hard work eventually earned him his current house and position at the Holy Forest Academy. His daughter is Yoshiko Uchiyamada.

Uchiyamada holds very conservative ideals on how peoples' backgrounds determine their future performance. Despite his attempts to thwart Onizuka's plans, Uchiyamada is not so much a classic villain than merely dogmatically serious about the job of teaching (at least in his mind). He is a not-quite-extreme example of the punishment an ordinary, older middle-aged, Japanese man takes from his home and workplace. He is forced to work with a young man like Onizuka, who easily breaks the rules and does things that don't make sense to him. His superior, Headmaster Ryoko Sakurai, seems to think it is fun to have a presence like Onizuka. At home, his wife, daughter, and dog openly disdain him in his often deluded imaginings, and feels that they're only satisfied with the luxuries that his work earns.

Uchiyamada eventually accepts Onizuka's views of teaching, when the latter yells at and punches Uchiyamada, when he interferes with Onizuka, trying to save Urumi Kanzaki, on the verge of death, for the sake of his job. With Onizuka's help, he also reconciles with his family, though he remains viciously defensive, when Onizuka tries to make a move on his daughter.
    A running gag in the manga has Onizuka constantly destroying Uchiyamada's Cresta, mostly as a side effect of rescuing students, such as falling from the top of the school building and landing on the car. Another running gag involves Uchiyamada frequently getting injured, or assaulted by accident, from an oblivious Onizuka.

This is the supposed former prinicpal in the Chinese version:

Ippachi Maruyama (丸山 一八, Maruyama Ippachi)

One of Holy Forest Academy's Vice-Principals, with jurisdiction over administration, Ippachi Maruyama is nicknamed "Xavier" by Eikichi Onizuka, due to his resemblance to Francis Xavier. During the latter half of the series, he is transferred to another school.

And the manipulative bitch I'm talking about:

Misuzu Daimon (大門 美鈴, Daimon Misuzu)

Misuzu Daimon is the new vice-principal, hired during the second semester, after Vice-Principal Ippachi Maruyama's transfer. She was placed by the board, in order to weaken the position of Headmaster Ryoko Sakurai and to force Eikichi Onizuka to leave. To that end, she deploys a school wide intranet and gives each student and faculty member a palm device. Additionally, she institutes a point system for the faculty, in an attempt to cause Onizuka's resignation and employs a special force in the school known as the "Angels", to further control the school and its faculty. One particular Angel, Sho Shibuya, regards her as a surrogate mother and the only person he has no animosity towards.

Ryoko Sakurai (桜井 良子, Sakurai Ryōko)

Voiced by: Yoshiko Okamoto (Japanese), Wendee Lee (English)

Japanese live-action actor: Yumi Shirakawa

Ryoko Sakurai is the headmaster of the Holy Forest Academy. She is a caring woman who believes that Eikichi Onizuka and his "methods" will work positively for the school, contrary to the beliefs of the faculty. The only time in the series that she did not approve of his behavior is when Onizuka endangered her grandson, Mayu Wakui, but she later admits this is due to his manipulative nature. She is also Daimon Misuzu's former teacher.

The Sakurai portrayed in the live-action is not as initially confident in Onizuka's abilities, sometimes blocking the door to her office in fear, when she hears what Onizuka has done, by eavesdropping on Vice-Principal Hiroshi Uchiyamada's conversations.

Ok, I know you'll say it's a pain in the ass to read through all these, but I'm putting this whole thing here as a way to clear things up. Hope you can read through the entire lot...

Last edited: Mar 14, 2008
  7. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Well I've got this:

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/861/gtovol02ch00811kp1.jpg

Rofl I love his reaction.

Well who knows what his true position is. It's easier to call him headmaster because he acts like one and Sakurai acts like a chairman for various schools. Currently in the re-read I'm at the bit where Onizuka is going to help one of the school girl's who's a bit stupid and get's amde fun off because she sucks at doing anything lol

8. azuren82

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Oh yeah, the part where Onizuka hired an AV make up artist to help her realised stardom lol! :D I think the girl's name btw was Tomoko. Am I correct on that?

9. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Something like that. They call her Toroko sometimes (think that's a joke). Her sort of surname is Nomura. Nomura Tomoko is her name (reading it now lol)

10. azuren82

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Btw Met, which gal would you think will go better with Kikuchi? Urumi or Ai?

11. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    I don't care for such minor characters like that. For me it's all about Onizuka. Wondering who's better for him. The female teacher Fuyutsuki or Murai's mother lol

Edit: Btw Azuren. Urumi just won't go with Kikuchi. She's into Onizuka...BIG TIME! lol

12. azuren82

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    So you're saying Ai goes better with Kikuchi? LOL my sis will hit the the ceiling if I tell her that. She's always into Kikuchi x Urumi.

Btw though, I won't say the students are minor characters. They do have their importance in certain arcs although the arcs were there to show Onizuka in his full glory lol! :D

As for who goes better with Onizuka, I think it's hinted strongly that Onizuka and Fuyutsuki have mutual liking for each other. Or is it an obivous fact? I think I'll have to reread the whole manga. :S

And yeah, what about Miyabi? Who will go well with her? Mayu or Fujiyoshi? I've got this debate with my sis on that. I said Mayu and she said Fujiyoshi lol! :p

Btw, how do you feel about Teshigawara? Am I the only one to think that the guy is a total asshole at least up till the point he went to prison? :S

13. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Teshigawara? Shouldn't he recieve a german suplex compliments of Onizuka? Guy's a queer stalker kidnapping wackjob.

Miyabi? Well she sucked most of the time, because she was tbh, some emo bitch that got too excited and ****ed with the wrong person (Onizuka).

Yep, Onizuka and Fuyutsuki is blatent, and I don't mind it, but Murai's mum is pretty funny aswell.

lol, I'm not saying I prefer Ai, I'm saying that Urumi just wouldn't go since she's so into Onizuka. Once she realises she can't get him, she'll probably find an equivalent lawl (mini onizuka?)

Lol they are all minor. Only Onizuka is the main. Really, he just overrides everyone else in the series lawl

Have you read the pre-GTO Onizuka manga? It's called Bad Company and then there's shounan junai gumi. Man it's epic shit. Onizuka and Ryuuji are amazing >_<

14. azuren82

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Shounan Junai Gumi... yeah I know about it, but I only got the first couple of volumes due to my sucky finance management... :S tbh though, I've seen through the couple of volumes I've read and they're super funny lol! I like the part where Onizuka is planning to bang some girl in the series and it turned out she's got some wierd sex disease. The entire scenes were hilarious to the core especially during the part in the ski hotel. I was virtually laughing non-stop.

And yeah, guess you know that the series is a prelude to GTO lol! :p

As for Murai's mum, I won't say she's funny, but when Murai got dragged into the fray, that's where shit happens lol! :D At least that's how I remember the sequence...

15. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    You've also got to read Bad Company. That's a prequel to SJG itself lawl

16. azuren82

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Is there any site where I can download both SJG and Bad Company? I think SJG got out of stock now at my manga store and I'm not even sure if I can find BC anywhere nearby... :S btw, have you seen the part of GTO where Onizuka saved Myabi and co from a bunch of SM perverts in a hotel? I still remember that I virtually went LMAO at the sight of what Onizuka did to that bunch of pervs lol! :D

17. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    I've read the whole GTO manga fool. I'm just rereading it now. Yea I remember, it was awesome.

The sickest though was when Onizuka flew out of a building on his motorbike. It was like...omg so ****ing bad ASS >_<

What's really great is how Onizuka initially joins in with the screwed up shit that other people are doing to his students, and then he saves them rofl

18. azuren82

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Oh, I remember that scene! Was it the one where he ride the bike out of the school building towards the end of the manga? ****ing bird specimen bird on Daimon's back lol! :D

As for what you said on Onizuka and his students, tbh, I can only remember that part of Murai, Kusano and Fujiyoshi getting into some random trouble and Onizuka did what you've said by doing some random bungee jumping stunt and, if I remember correctly, getting Uchiyamada's Cresta wrecked lol!

But then again, it's been ages since I've read the manga and the greater early half of the series were read when I rented them at a nearby rental store... btw, from what I've seen you said to Dragn9, it seems that you've got the entire manga in your hard drive right?

If so, hope you can attach the files and send to me via email. I don't think you can really send to me via MSN or other messengers since we're at a different time area. By time you're up, it could be 3-4 am or so and I might have gone to sleep or at least off the computer depending on the situations.

If you can give the go-ahead, I can send you my email address via PM. Hopefully the shit url address issue with Fictionpress doesn't exist here... :S

19. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Well I can just send it to you via msn. That's what I did with D9.

big warning though. They do some gay method of translation from about volumes 3-9 or so. They add these random coloured bubbles and it looks so shit, but luckily the manga more than makes up for this lol.

Your on now aren't you?

20. azuren82

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Ok, I'm on now. But not too sure for how long. Got church tomorrow... :S Are you online now?