Your Dream Sword Den

Discussion in 'General Weapons & Armour' started by Gavaha, Oct 14, 2003.

1. Gavaha

Gavaha Art House Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    What is your dream for a room ("den") that would incorperate your swords (future, present)

Mine:

A large room that has a big stone fireplace, a big leather couch and leather chair. All around the room stands custom swords, designed by me. Either made by me or a fellow swordsmith. Over the fireplace is Ath Dagnir, my main sword. The Cofee Table is made out of a large sheild.

2. Dalleron

Dalleron New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I imagine a big wide living room. At one end would be my kick a@s entertainment unit. Hadhafang would probably be on that, and my other swords would be on the wall next to it, going on both sides. LOTR stuff on one side and my others on the rest.

3. Anduril

Anduril Flame of the West

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    An Imladris setting whith all the swords around on the wall along with my elven shields.

P.S. Gavaha, can you please post a picture of your main sword for us?

4. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    i was in deutschland once (germany to you philostiens) and was visiting one of the many castles in the mosel valley (they have loads of em, mostly intact, unlike here in englnad, where most of our castles are just a few walls) In one room it was much like gavaha's suggestion, a stone room with arms and armour all over.

That would be great, but more specifically, my ideal room would be a large stone room, with old style torches hung on the walls, and long tapesties all over the upper parts of the walls, depicting great battles (preferable LOTR ones), also some small castle style stained glass windows high up, in each of the corners would be a suit of armour. on the left and night hand walls would be spears axes maces etc. on the front wall would be all the swords, with a dais, that had a nice big throne and a fireplace etc. on the back walls either side of the door would be hemets and shields. All the most beutiful, stylish and mighty weapons would have stands on the floor, maybe in glass cabinets

This would only happen if i was incredibly rich (which im not) or a king in the medieval era. I also like the idea of a shield/table, but i dont think many would be big or flat enough. maybe a roman legionarre's sheild pressed flat, with the metal part replaced with a lamp or something.

:( sigh, only in my wildest dreams.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2003
  5. Gavaha

Gavaha Art House Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Anduril, my main sword is still unmade, by I am in the process right now of getting it made, it is basicly a leaf blade, special elven hilt, engraved blade and nice scabbard. Though some of that will take awhile for the funds.

6. NCO MOS18B

NCO MOS18B Better than you.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hm.. It'd be a fairly large room with a couple of really comfortable recliners (the kind with the heating and stuff) in the middle, facing an HDTV (DVD, Surround, etc.) I put my foosball table behind the recliners, my computer in the corner. All the UC LOTR swords go on the wall with the TV, and all other weapons (And/or movie posters, but that might look tacky) on the other walls.

7. David S

David S New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    something like my room already looks lol

http://www.geocities.com/djstokestkd/collection.html

8. NCO MOS18B

NCO MOS18B Better than you.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That's one helluva lot of swords, there. But where's the LotR repros? I'm sure you've got enough functional blades that a couple'a wallhangers won't hurt.

9. darkdragon

darkdragon The Black Prince

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    If you have ever see Tales from the Crypt. You have seen the dungeon from that show. My ideal sword room would be like the dungeon. With many rooms, and secret passages to house my collection. One room for my LOTR swords, which would have a special type of security system ( they will be collectors pieces you know ). The rest of my swords will be displayed through out the dungeon area. Access to the dungeon will be by permission only by me. Visitors would be allowed in, but not allowed to touch.( Want to keep them in pristeen condition ). Other areas would include a room for guest discussions about my collection and would have furniture that would seem to be taken directly from a castle in Europe. It would also have a large Plasma television so my guests and I could watch all three ( 3) of the LOTR series. I know this sounds kind of over the top, But I think it woud be unique. No one else would have one like it. lol lol :D :D :D

Last edited: Oct 16, 2003
  10. Amarth

Amarth New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My dream room spans several rooms :D. In one room I'd have my LotR swords that don't have anything to go with(Hadafang,Legolas's knives, etc.), in another room I'd have suits of armour on stands with the weapons that go with them (Elendil's armour and narsil, etc). Then i'd have another room for functional swords and bows. Another for misc. weapons, sheilds, and armour. All of this would be in a castle like area.